Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
As opposed to your take?
fowler is not the type of guy we need, nor is he good at doing what he is being asked to do right now

Let the kids spread out those mins and gudas and dumolin and potentially guys like hill/maataa fill in when the kids struggle
We’ll see how it goes.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
This seems more like speculation than rumor regarding Fowler. I honestly don't know why Friedman would make these comments one week before training camp when rosters are basically set and cap space is at a premium. IF he is traded, the earliest would be at the 2025 TDL and that assumes his value is high and the kids have progressed to the point where the Ducks can take that risk. Until then, non-story IMO.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I like moving Fowler as long as it meets an important criteria: Pat is moving him and has an upgrade to bring in. If Pat is moving him to further tear the roster down for rebuild purposes, kill me now.
Pat is moving him because his past him prime and doesn't add any physical attribute to our defense. Hes soft as butter and always gets out muscled in front of the net.

Both special teams units have been bad, with Fowler eating big minutes on each. The idea that he is needed to kill penalties so the "kids" won't have to isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. Our coach was playing him on the PP over Zellweger or Mintyukov. I'd like that temptation to be taken away.
This.. 100 times this.. Its time to see what the kids can do... They got to get experience

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Pat is moving him because his past him prime and doesn't add any physical attribute to our defense. Hes soft as butter and always gets out muscled in front of the net.

This.. 100 times this.. Its time to see what the kids can do... They got to get experience

I agree Fowler is well past his prime and not bringing what we necessarily need the most. But, he's still useful and is just overplayed in my opinion.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I agree Fowler is well past his prime and not bringing what we necessarily need the most. But, he's still useful and is just overplayed in my opinion.
Ehh what we can use Fowler for.. Zellwegger can do and he can actually get shots through.. Dont forget.. Fowler himself said he's not a a vocal guy. We need leaders who are vocal.. Give the young guys some crap when they mess up. ETC ETC.. Fowler likes to mind his own business, and go about his ways.. He would be best fit on a contender for now.... Its why PV will find him another home.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
How did you get that?

Gudas serves a purpose, and no one on the roster is capable of bringing what he brings.

Idk why we havnt…. He actually was solid rhd for us
You're begging the question. Cam Fowler also serves a purpose - he is a leader, he plays decently at both ends of the ice (although not great at either at this point in his career), and he shelters the kids from tough minutes.

If the impetus for getting rid of Fowler is that the team is going to be bad with him or without him, the same is true of Gudas. Then it just comes down to the fact that you don't like Fowler. Which is fine, that's your right as a fan. But there's scant legitimate evidence that Fowler is bad for the Ducks.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Both special teams units have been bad, with Fowler eating big minutes on each. The idea that he is needed to kill penalties so the "kids" won't have to isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. Our coach was playing him on the PP over Zellweger or Mintyukov. I'd like that temptation to be taken away.
Fowler does not get used significanlty more than those two. on the PP. And even though nobody likes it, and wants to go with the flash of the kids, Fowler significantly outproduces them.

IMG_5365.jpeg

IMG_5366.jpeg

Edit Fowler is 24th in the league for Defensmen with 50+ games in PPP/60. You guys are simply wrong about his PP usage.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You're begging the question. Cam Fowler also serves a purpose - he is a leader, he plays decently at both ends of the ice (although not great at either at this point in his career), and he shelters the kids from tough minutes.

If the impetus for getting rid of Fowler is that the team is going to be bad with him or without him, the same is true of Gudas. Then it just comes down to the fact that you don't like Fowler. Which is fine, that's your right as a fan. But there's scant legitimate evidence that Fowler is bad for the Ducks.
Something is going over your head I think.

Fowler is replaceable with players currently in the nhl. He isn’t a good leader really, at least hasn’t shown much of it.

Gudas has been more of a leader here than fowler in a short time, he brings physicality to the back end and is a better fit with the young guys as an on ice presence.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fowler does not get used significanlty more than those two. on the PP. And even though nobody likes it, and wants to go with the flash of the kids, Fowler significantly outproduces them.

View attachment 905550

View attachment 905553

In terms of power play id assume who is more important than mins played. Either way our power play wasn’t very memorable.

My reason for wanting the kids on powerplay has little to do with fowler….. it’s more about getting them the experience and mins to get better, as they are part of the future core…. Fowler isn’t

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
In terms of power play id assume who is more important than mins played.

My reason for wanting the kids on powerplay has little to do with fowler….. it’s more about getting them the experience and mins to get better, as they are part of the future core…. Fowler isn’t
And, as I pointed out, they’re getting about the same amount of time as Fowler is.

Mintyukov’s play fell off as his minutes rose, and Zellweger is still bad at playing actual defense in spite of being heavily sheltered. I’d rather they learn to play defense over getting another 20 seconds of power play time, or get power play time over a player that they’re very clearly inferior to as far as production goes.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Something is going over your head I think.

Fowler is replaceable with players currently in the nhl. He isn’t a good leader really, at least hasn’t shown much of it.

Gudas has been more of a leader here than fowler in a short time, he brings physicality to the back end and is a better fit with the young guys as an on ice presence.
Which players have you spoken to that have told you that Fowler isn’t helpful to them? This sounds very much like projection of your opinion of him, not the facts you’re presenting it as.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So, when were you in the locker room, or team meetings?

If he was a decent leader he woulda been made a captain already,

He might be likable, and helpful to young players…. But much different than being a good leader. A good vet might be the correct term

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
And, as I pointed out, they’re getting about the same amount of time as Fowler is.

Mintyukov’s play fell off as his minutes rose, and Zellweger is still bad at playing actual defense in spite of being heavily sheltered. I’d rather they learn to play defense over getting another 20 seconds of power play time, or get power play time over a player that they’re very clearly inferior to as far as production goes.

I think fowler should produce more than a couple rookies, I imagine this conversation gets a lot closer this year.

Fowler’s been in the league forever and still questionable defensively.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If he was a decent leader he woulda been made a captain already,

He might be likable, and helpful to young players…. But much different than being a good leader. A good vet might be the correct term
Everything you have said has been conjecture. I understand you have, like a personal thing with Fowler, but it isn't supported by facts.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Everything you have said has been conjecture. I understand you have, like a personal thing with Fowler, but it isn't supported by facts.

I don’t claim it as facts, sorry if you took it as facts.

But the post you quoted was pretty accurate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad