GDT: UFC 306: O'Malley vs. Dvalishvili/Bellator London: McCourt vs. Collins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Scorecards be dammed that was not a close fight, O'Malley had no clue on how to fight an active wrestler.
In fairness an Olympic gold medalist wrestler didn’t know how to fight that guy, I don’t think it’s so much of a deficiency on their end as much as it is Merab is a freak

Doesn’t mean merabs style isn’t boring as f***. Glad you like watch people lay on each other for 5 rounds lmao.
You don’t know ball, he does not lay n pray. Go watch Muay Thai, sounds like that’s what you want

As an aside I think Umar beats him

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
As someone who had no interest in the fight and only ended up watching because I was still awake when it was on, it wasn't a boring fight. I don't know what the people claiming 'lay'n'pray' were watching, or if they even know what that term actually means. Contrast it with the previous fight, which was definitely a snoozer.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
In fairness an Olympic gold medalist wrestler didn’t know how to fight that guy, I don’t think it’s so much of a deficiency on their end as much as it is Merab is a freak

You don’t know ball, he does not lay n pray. Go watch Muay Thai, sounds like that’s what you want

It would be a hell of a match, tend to agree

Reactions: Taytro and CDJ

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
There was a moment in the fifth round when Merab was feeding O'Malley shots against the cage in stand-up and Herb was telling them to "work". I mean wtf are you talking about bud? Even the commentary was unanimous in questioning his instruction.
The thing that makes if even funnier is that earlier they were saying Herb is the best in the game, then all unanimously being like wtf is he doing

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Merab is a tank, he might not get finishes but he makes all the other top ranked bantamweights look like kids wrestling with their dad. Let's see if Umar can change that.

Let's see Valentina-Fiorot next. Grasso is one of my favorite WMMA fighters but no need to see that 4 times in a row. I wonder if that strategy of conceding takedowns to go for subs from the bottom was a dumb gameplan, or if she just was not practising takedown defense enough in this camp?

Reactions: Avs_19 and CDJ

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Let's see Valentina-Fiorot next. Grasso is one of my favorite WMMA fighters but no need to see that 4 times in a row. I wonder if that strategy of conceding takedowns to go for subs from the bottom was a dumb gameplan, or if she just was not practising takedown defense enough in this camp?
My guess is that Grasso wanted to improve in the stand up exchanges (every round starts there), and was comfortable with her ground game. She probably didn't expect Shevchenko to be that wrestling heavy since she really wasn't in the other 2 fights. Sure Shevchenko had takedowns and some top time but how do you predict that one of the best strikers in the division (who you've already submitted) is going to turn to pure wrestling.

Umar has the skills to beat Merab for sure but he can't look as tentative as he did to start the Sandhagen fight or else Merab will overwhelm him and score early.

Reactions: CDJ and 16Skippy

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
My guess is that Grasso wanted to improve in the stand up exchanges (every round starts there), and was comfortable with her ground game. She probably didn't expect Shevchenko to be that wrestling heavy since she really wasn't in the other 2 fights. Sure Shevchenko had takedowns and some top time but how do you predict that one of the best strikers in the division (who you've already submitted) is going to turn to pure wrestling.

Umar has the skills to beat Merab for sure but he can't look as tentative as he did to start the Sandhagen fight or else Merab will overwhelm him and score early.
I think Umar saw those teeps to the body O’Malley caught Merab with in round 5 and his mouth started watering.

That fight should be pretty awesome

Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad