Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
What would you trade for a signed Rantanen? In a main board thread, I suggested a package around Zegras + Zellweger. Maybe they would prefer hometown Terry to Zegras? Unfortunately I think the only way we get Rantanen is to trade for him.

If the only way to get him is to trade for him, then you’d also have to assume that you won’t be able to sign him.

I’d offer future considerations. All the premiere assets would be off the table.

IF he signs a reasonable extension first, your offer is reasonable.

However, we suck, so he won’t sign a reasonable offer to play here, it will be above market value.

So the question then becomes - how much are you willing to blow up your salary structure to get him?

Reactions: Static

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
If the only way to get him is to trade for him, then you’d also have to assume that you won’t be able to sign him.

I’d offer future considerations. All the premiere assets would be off the table.

IF he signs a reasonable extension first, your offer is reasonable.

However, we suck, so he won’t sign a reasonable offer to play here, it will be above market value.

So the question then becomes - how much are you willing to blow up your salary structure to get him?
I’m definitely skeptical on the idea that he’d sign here when he could just wait a few months to be a UFA. We’d probably have to give him some kind of premium to forfeit that opportunity. I have to think $11M is the absolute floor for him, but it’s probably going to come in between $11.5M-$13M.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00