Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The bottom line is that both Eakins and Cronin aren’t the answer.

Cronin also being a bad coach doesn’t somehow make Eakins a good one.

The ducks need a proven coach with a track record of performance at the NHL Level - the issue is that it’s hard to get a guy like that to coach a team in a rebuild. This isn’t exactly a highly desirable destination at the moment for coaches with a pedigree. It might be 2 years from now

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Idk off the top of my head, but it’s not Cronin

Fair. I believe any coach would be happy to come here. There is a lot of talent to work with and they will know what the expectations are. I do believe though that if you change away from Cronin this season, the next guy has to have a healthy amount of NHL experience. No more guys that you are giving his first shot or a redemption story like Eakins. NHL pedigree would be a must.

Reactions: MCB and dracom

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
The bottom line is that both Eakins and Cronin aren’t the answer.

Cronin also being a bad coach doesn’t somehow make Eakins a good one.

The ducks need a proven coach with a track record of performance at the NHL Level - the issue is that it’s hard to get a guy like that to coach a team in a rebuild. This isn’t exactly a highly desirable destination at the moment for coaches with a pedigree. It might be 2 years from now

I dont know that I agree. If this was a few years ago and the rebuild was just starting I could see your point. But we've got so much talent and the end product *shouldnt* look much different than what we have right now. Its just a matter of the right player usage, right system and getting the young guys over the development hump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad