Prospect Info: 2024-25 Ducks Prospects

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

It seems to be a pretty common viewpoint amongst the various scouting services that Sennecke was taken a bit too high at 3OA. That said, I think that NHL teams viewed him as a top 5 pick. I think he was fair game starting as early as 2OA.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If Anaheim signs Pettersson, playing with Misa and Chernyshov sure would help his development getting quality TOI.
It worked for Minty out in Saginaw. Sure hope he plays in the OHL next season
That line would have been stacked lol. The Misa Tower (pun on Pisa tower of Italy lol) with Pettersson and Cherny would destroy the OHL.

Reactions: Finster8

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'd prefer Pettersson stay in Sweden and the possibility of playing in the SHL. He was a top-10 scorer and a top-3 goal scorer in a J20 league as a 17-year old. That's similar to the CHL. If Pettersson plays in the SHL, then that's a huge leap in competition and against men. We would get an early preview of how he does in a higher level of competition. If he does well, then the jump to the AHL or NHL level won't be as drastic. Also, the fewer games played will help him grow his body better.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Not really a fan of Scouching. I often don’t agree with his data analytics and liking certain players over the other. Some of his ranking lists are laughably bad.

That said, I felt like Anaheim did really well. Masse, Proszysin (sp?) and Smith are really good swings on players who have a high compete level.

I might fault Verbeek on acquiring players, but I can’t fault him for drafting. Players like Gaucher, Warren, Mintyukov, Luneau (and so on) have a real high motor and intensity to them. I am excited about the future, but for them to get to the next level, this coach is not the guy.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Seem to be a bit low on sennecke gauthier and luneau…. I’d think all 3 have a solid chance at being core players.

Specially with zellweger in the core area… I’d take all 3 of them over zellweger

tbf, Scouching is basing this off of their work today and not who they could become tomorrow. If you watched his Ducks draft recap, it makes sense that Sennecke is in the depth section today, but could move up in future prospect pyramids. Gaucher didn't bring the house down last year in the AHL. Luneau wasn't allowed to take off in the first half of the season and got a knee infection for the second half of the season. Even we're saying that Luneau should start at the AHL next season.

Zellweger showed up offensively in the AHL and NHL last year. He was an AHL All-star last year. That boosted him into the core section because he proved his offensive potential is being met at the pro level.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Sennecke, Gauthier, and Pettersson as essentially equivalent middle six wingers. Hinds, Dionicio, and Colangelo in the big pile of losers at the very bottom.

There must be something I’m missing when it comes to him. Players like Hinds, Colangelo (and to a point Dionicio) have been talked about highly by our organization - yet Will (Scouching) doesn’t seem to make an impression on him.

I don’t think he’s very good at what he does, but at the same time, he’s like the main guy with content creation in this niche field.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Sennecke, Gauthier, and Pettersson as essentially equivalent middle six wingers. Hinds, Dionicio, and Colangelo in the big pile of losers at the very bottom.
Yeah, I don’t know. I like to give folks in this business the benefit of the doubt and don’t mind some rather deviant opinions when they’re based on something, but this guy doesn’t ever really seem to say much other than „not having seen much of them to consider them a higher tier“ or stuff of that nature.

While some of those later categories are pretty weird, the most important bit came early on when he said Carlsson and Mintyukov had graduated and were in the „core and depth categories respectively“. I’m sorry, if you have either of these guys in the depth group, I’m not going to care about your opinion much.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gauthier in the same tier as Gaucher was all I needed to see to turn the video off. I did wait for him to declare Gauthier as a prospect with middle 6 forward potential. Are his takes always this shitty? Like Gauthier's floor is a second line winger as far as I'm concerned. How is that "depth" and not "core". Garbage

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $871.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00