Prospect Info: 2024-25 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
He has Cutter as a Bubble top and middle of the lineup player, and last year in this ranking he was a Top of the lineup player. How does he drop tiers after being the best goal scorer and second best player in the NCAA? By being traded to Anaheim.
How is he so much worse than Celebrini when they were neck and neck last year and Cutter has more size that will translate a bit better in the nhl. I know Celebrini is younger but the gap shouldn’t be that wide.

I appreciate Pronman's articles b/c he does a lot of work and gives NHL fans something to bitch about. He still has his own biases like all other NHL/prospect writers. I won't complain about the writer and his work efforts, but we can bitch about what he writes about - which is entertainment for all. Pronman does cover a helluva lot of prospects to write blurbs about, for which I'm grateful

I think Celebrini and Bedard get a huge value boost to their respective team rankings.

View attachment 903851

Chicago's pipeline really is two players in Bedard and Lev. Korchinski struggled last season. I like San Jose's top-5 and think it's better than our top-5 because of Celebrini and Askarov. I'd actually put Askarov SJ's #2 prospect, tbh.

The problem with Pronman's assessment of Anaheim's prospect was Celebrini and Lev gave their teams a huge value boost and Sennecke didn't. Cutter Gauthier was listed #6 prospect?! Smith (71 pts), Cutter (65 pts), and Celebrini (64 pts) were the top-3 scorers in the NCAA last year, with Cutter having the most goals scored with 38 and Celebrini with 32 goals. Cutter better than SJ #6 and Chicago's #3! Zellweger has already show production at the pro level, including being an AHL All-star.

What makes Anaheim ranking #3 egregious is Pronman citing that Anaheim potentially has two #1C's in Carlsson and Mac. San Jose and Chicago can't top that value endorsement... unless you give Celebrini and Bedard extra, extra value.

Oh... and he forgot about Pastujov, but raved a bit on Sidorov. Eh tu, Brute?
And cutter translates way better than Smith in the NHL.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Based on these players this is my totally not bias ranking.

1​
BedardCHI
2​
CarlssonANA
3​
CelebriniSJS
4​
McTavishANA
5​
CutterANA
6​
SmithSJS
7​
MintyANA
8​
SenneckeANA
9​
ZellwegerANA
10​
DickinsonSJS
11​
LevshunovCHI
12​
SolbergANA
13​
KorchinskiCHI
14​
AskarovSJS
15​
EklundSJS
16​
ReichelCHI
17​
BoisvertCHI
18​
ChernyshovSJS
19​
Sahlin-WalleniusSJS
20​
RinzelCHI
21​
MooreCHI

Anaheim have a better prospect pool because we have had higher picks for longer than Chicago and San Jose. Without Beddard Chicago look terrible and San Jose had a HUGE offseason which completely turned their prospect pool around.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
How is he so much worse than Celebrini when they were neck and neck last year and Cutter has more size that will translate a bit better in the nhl. I know Celebrini is younger but the gap shouldn’t be that wide.

And cutter translates way better than Smith in the NHL.
The fact that Cutter is in his D+2 and Celebrini was in his D+0 and Celebrini won the hobey. I dont think it really matters if he was #1 or #2. He obviously should have GAINED stock, not lost stock.

1​
BedardCHI
2​
CarlssonANA
3​
CelebriniSJS
4​
McTavishANA
5​
CutterANA
6​
SmithSJS
7​
MintyANA
8​
SenneckeANA
9​
ZellwegerANA
10​
DickinsonSJS
11​
LevshunovCHI
12​
SolbergANA
13​
KorchinskiCHI
14​
AskarovSJS
15​
EklundSJS
16​
ReichelCHI
17​
BoisvertCHI
18​
ChernyshovSJS
19​
Sahlin-WalleniusSJS
20​
RinzelCHI
21​
MooreCHI

Anaheim have a better prospect pool because we have had higher picks for longer than Chicago and San Jose. Without Beddard Chicago look terrible and San Jose had a HUGE offseason which completely turned their prospect pool around.
I think the top 14 are broken into these tiers (Alphabetical order).

Tier 1
Bedard
Carlsson
Celebrini

Tier 2
Cutter
Dickinson
Levshunov
McTavish
Minty
Sennecke
Smith

Tier 3
Askarov
Eklund
Korchinski
Zellweger

To me I think Anaheim has the best group, but I cant be mad any someone picking any of these 3. Especially if they have Cutter lower, and think Sennecke was a reach.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Two young centers with high offensive ceilings and bad defensive habits, each with a penchant for taking terrible penalties.
The loudmouth American: trade fodder, locker room cancer, no obvious place in the lineup
The boring Canadian: “no notable flaws."
Excuse me, that Canadian once batted a puck off the goal line in a gold medal game, so he shall forever be known as defensively reliable.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The fact that Cutter is in his D+2 and Celebrini was in his D+0 and Celebrini won the hobey. I dont think it really matters if he was #1 or #2. He obviously should have GAINED stock, not lost stock.

I think the top 14 are broken into these tiers (Alphabetical order).

Tier 1
Bedard
Carlsson
Celebrini

Tier 2
Cutter
Dickinson
Levshunov
McTavish
Minty
Sennecke
Smith

Tier 3
Askarov
Eklund
Korchinski
Zellweger

To me I think Anaheim has the best group, but I cant be mad any someone picking any of these 3. Especially if they have Cutter lower, and think Sennecke was a reach.

I think Bedard should be on a tier on his own.

Reactions: 91Fedorov

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

1​
BedardCHI
2​
CarlssonANA
3​
CelebriniSJS
4​
McTavishANA
5​
CutterANA
6​
SmithSJS
7​
MintyANA
8​
SenneckeANA
9​
ZellwegerANA
10​
DickinsonSJS
11​
LevshunovCHI
12​
SolbergANA
13​
KorchinskiCHI
14​
AskarovSJS
15​
EklundSJS
16​
ReichelCHI
17​
BoisvertCHI
18​
ChernyshovSJS
19​
Sahlin-WalleniusSJS
20​
RinzelCHI
21​
MooreCHI

That’s not far off for me

I think Bedard should be on a tier on his own.
My only concern with Bedard is he is tiny and completely unproven in the playoffs. If there is no drop off in the playoffs then I agree he is in a tier of his own.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
hOcKeY iS fOr EvErYoNe!11
Honestly, it is shocking to me how dumb some professional sports organizations are.

Especially hockey where the experience of watching on TV is totally different then being in the arena. Its such a great opportunity to get people interested. It should be worth so much more then the money they will get from the tickets.

I hope noone shows up.

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
Honestly, it is shocking to me how dumb some professional sports organizations are.

Especially hockey where the experience of watching on TV is totally different then being in the arena. Its such a great opportunity to get people interested. It should be worth so much more then the money they will get from the tickets.

I hope noone shows up.
That price had me change my plans, I'll stream it and not be surrounded by kings fans.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
My only concern with Bedard is he is tiny and completely unproven in the playoffs. If there is no drop off in the playoffs then I agree he is in a tier of his own.

That's an odd thing to say, considering you have to produce in the regular season. You should really drop Zellweger down a few notches or outside the list if size and in the playoffs is a thing for consistency sake. Anyhow, it's an under-23 ranking.

NHL rookies last year
Bedard: 68 games, 61 pts
Carlsson: 55 games, 29 pts
Fantilli: 49 games, 27 pts

Bedard looks like a tier ahead Carlsson and Fantilli today, AINEC. Appears he's more durable and more offensively dynamic than Carlsson and Fantilli. Talking about playoff performance seems like a farfetched, moving the goal post standard.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
That's an odd thing to say, considering you have to produce in the regular season. You should really drop Zellweger down a few notches or outside the list if size and in the playoffs is a thing for consistency sake. Anyhow, it's an under-23 ranking.

NHL rookies last year
Bedard: 68 games, 61 pts
Carlsson: 55 games, 29 pts
Fantilli: 49 games, 27 pts

Bedard looks like a tier ahead Carlsson and Fantilli today, AINEC. Appears he's more durable and more offensively dynamic than Carlsson and Fantilli. Talking about playoff performance seems like a farfetched, moving the goal post standard.
It’s not an odd concern at all and the same concern that Zellweger faces. Additionally, Zellwegrr isn’t projected to be generational so there is less of an expectation.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It’s not an odd concern at all and the same concern that Zellweger faces. Additionally, Zellwegrr isn’t projected to be generational so there is less of an expectation.

So Bedard is now back to being a generational talent? And Zellweger gets to retain being rated higher in the list because there's less of an expectation?

tumblr_mkiw7uHa801r5fs1go1_500.gif

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The Hockey Writer's put out their top-100 prospect skaters. Here are the criteria for this list: “A player is considered a prospect if he has played less than 25 games in one NHL campaign (regular season and playoffs combined), less than 50 NHL games total in their career, and is 25 years old by Sept 15.”

THWtop-100prospect skaters
RankPosSkater
14​
LWCutter
24​
RWSennecke
52​
LDSolberg
100​
RDLuneau

They don't like Cutter's talent that much.

Other 2024 prospects ranked above Sennecke on THW's list are:

1. C Celebrini
3. RD Levshunov
6. RW Demidov
8. C Lindstrom
9. LD Buium
11. C Catton
13. RD Parekh
15. LD Silayev
16. C Iginla
20. RD Yakemchuk
22. LD Dickinson

Yikes! Guess THW doesn't like our top-2 prospects much.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The Hockey Writer's put out their top-100 prospect skaters. Here are the criteria for this list: “A player is considered a prospect if he has played less than 25 games in one NHL campaign (regular season and playoffs combined), less than 50 NHL games total in their career, and is 25 years old by Sept 15.”

THWtop-100prospect skaters
RankPosSkater
14​
LWCutter
24​
RWSennecke
52​
LDSolberg
100​
RDLuneau

They don't like Cutter's talent that much.

Other 2024 prospects ranked above Sennecke on THW's list are:

1. C Celebrini
3. RD Levshunov
6. RW Demidov
8. C Lindstrom
9. LD Buium
11. C Catton
13. RD Parekh
15. LD Silayev
16. C Iginla
20. RD Yakemchuk
22. LD Dickinson

Yikes! Guess THW doesn't like our top-2 prospects much.
Other than a couple words here and there, I don’t think they bothered to update Cutter’s scouting report.

"Cutter Gauthier was the player whose draft stock rose the most following the 2022 NHL Draft Combine where NHL scouts and general managers were impressed by his maturity, physical strength. He showed that he was committed to becoming a pro center, but that won’t likely be asked of him now in Anaheim where he’ll likely flank one of Leo Carlsson or Mason McTavish.

Gauthier has great size, skating, and has the effort and ability to become a great defensive forward. Those are all pieces of becoming a great centreman someday and he has shown them in abundance for Boston College where he has been excellent for the last two seasons Gauthier’s shot and playmaking make him a powerful threat in the offensive zone and he’s one to watch in the Hobey Baker race this year."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad