Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
The comparison still holds weight though, I see similarities as well.

If Hage can be a 65-75 pt player like you said, that’s always a great pick in the mid/late draft. We’d all be happy :)
yeah, it's almost as if we took a page out of the Dallas Stars winning formula: with Robertson and Johnson

WentWughes

Apr 16, 2023
I am sure that this has been mentioned but Hage and Porter Martone were teammates for the Jr Canadiens together. Martone is projected to be picked anywhere from the 2nd to 5th pick this coming year and is a very special player. It looks like we may be in for another year at close to the bottom of the standings and Hage already having success playing alongside Martone may bode well for us in the future if we are fortunate enough to have him. The last missing piece to a legit contending forward group if we are bottom dwellers again.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I would be happy between 1,25 and 1,5 ppg in NCAA for Hage (that's a good production in NCAA). If it's more, that's a total bonus. But if he reach that type of production, that's confirm his high potential top 6.
I know you're not setting 'unreasonable expectations' for Hage with the 1.25/1.5 ppg thing, he's certainly talented and capable enough
But honestly, First year NCAA, anything close to just PPG alone is an enormous achievement in itself imo

If I get something like 36 pts in 36 games, I'll be no joke thrilled

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I know you're not setting 'unreasonable expectations' for Hage with the 1.25/1.5 ppg thing, he's certainly talented and capable enough
But honestly, First year NCAA, anything close to just PPG alone is an enormous achievement in itself imo

Yes, I agree with you. First year in NCAA, ppg is not bad at all. But comparing with another players, I think Hage talent can be in the range between 1,25 and 1,5. But will see. I will be just happy with ppg season aswell.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

If he can have a season like Pacioretty did in Michigan, I'd be happy.. so PPG or just slightly over. Will depend on usage but I think he's going to get top 6 minutes out the gate.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If he can have a season like Pacioretty did in Michigan, I'd be happy.. so PPG or just slightly over. Will depend on usage but I think he's going to get top 6 minutes out the gate.
Yeah it looked like 5 of the top 6 scorers for Michigan last year have all moved on
So there should be 'loads' of offensive opportunities for him this year looks like

Honestly can't wait to see,
I still can't believe how many U. Of Wisconsin matches I watched that one year lmao

Slafkofield

May 1, 2022
I am sure that this has been mentioned but Hage and Porter Martone were teammates for the Jr Canadiens together. Martone is projected to be picked anywhere from the 2nd to 5th pick this coming year and is a very special player. It looks like we may be in for another year at close to the bottom of the standings and Hage already having success playing alongside Martone may bode well for us in the future if we are fortunate enough to have him. The last missing piece to a legit contending forward group if we are bottom dwellers again.
Would be crazy to have both. Hage actually had better PPG than Martone (2.04 vs 1.96), but he’s 6 months older though.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
1000010932.jpg

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
His mom got me, for sure.

I just want this kid to do well so bad. You can tell his "fandom" isn't lip service like some other prospects you pick that know like the basics (24 cups, original six, etc). He rattled off specific moments of recent playoffs that he loved watching and gave it a bit to the Leafs for blowing a 3-1 lead against us.

I would love him to succeed here. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on his development.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah it looked like 5 of the top 6 scorers for Michigan last year have all moved on
So there should be 'loads' of offensive opportunities for him this year looks like

Honestly can't wait to see,
I still can't believe how many U. Of Wisconsin matches I watched that one year lmao

We'll get to see how he plays with Rutger McGroaty, too.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I love both picks, but I wouldn’t surprised if Hage ends up the most valuable of the two. If that’s ends up true then we will be in a very good place.

Both can transform 100% the top 6 of Habs. I have no doubt that Michael Hage have all tools to play on a top 6 and have huge impact. 60-70 pts per season isn't out of question.

Will see, but this kid have talent, personnality, attitude and competitiveness to succeed at NHL level.

Two-way game, shooting, IQ, hands, passing ability, skating, he got all that.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
There’s also less pressure, in my opinion, on him to come in as soon as possible and succeed. The Demidov pick is the one the fanbase is watching closely. He’ll have time to fill out in the NCAA & work on his game. His frame, skating & stick handling kind of make me think he has the potential to be an Eichel-lite.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Seriously..what a dream of a f***ing 1st round....Kid will succeed. He just can't do anything else but succeed.

Yes!

This 1st round have game changer potential for Habs rebuild. The top 6 sound like set if Dach stay healthy and Hage reach his full potential.

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Demidov.
Caufield - Hage//Dach - Dach//Hage.

Caufield and Dach on the 2nd line with Hage?!?! That's a really really good 2nd line to me!

You can easily put Newhook - Beck - Roy on the 3rd line, that's sound a pretty good 3rd line aswell!!

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad