NFL: 2024-25 NFL News, Notes, Other Probably Dumb Stuff and the Like

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The Bengals need to pay Chase and get him on the field now. They're going to do it anyways, and the price isn't going to go down if they wait until next year. They kinda have to be all-in to win the Super Bowl this year since Higgins is going to leave.
The Bengals are famously pretty tight-fisted and don’t have the cash to throw around like many of the other franchises. I almost wonder if the fact they’d be looking at $100 million guaranteed with a big chunk of that due at signing is part of the problem. Don’t owners have to put that money into an escrow account immediately? I agree they should just pay him, though. He and Burrow are the entire team more or less.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Bengals are famously pretty tight-fisted and don’t have the cash to throw around like many of the other franchises. I almost wonder if the fact they’d be looking at $100 million guaranteed with a big chunk of that due at signing is part of the problem. Don’t owners have to put that money into an escrow account immediately? I agree they should just pay him, though. He and Burrow are the entire team more or less.
What % of the Bengals does the Brown family own? Like Mark Davis is the owner calling the shots for the Raiders, but I heard his ownership % is under 50%. As for that escrow part, yes, they do need to put the guaranteed part into escrow. One of the key reasons the NFL voted to allow private equity to own upwards of 10% of a team. More access to cash for the owners. The average NFL is worth about $5 billion. So, selling 2% of the team gives the owner $100 million for example. Might be time for some owners to free up some cash that they have tied up in the team (as most owners have owned teams for many years, some decades).

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
What % of the Bengals does the Brown family own? Like Mark Davis is the owner calling the shots for the Raiders, but I heard his ownership % is under 50%. As for that escrow part, yes, they do need to put the guaranteed part into escrow. One of the key reasons the NFL voted to allow private equity to own upwards of 10% of a team. More access to cash for the owners. The average NFL is worth about $5 billion. So, selling 2% of the team gives the owner $100 million for example. Might be time for some owners to free up some cash that they have tied up in the team (as most owners have owned teams for many years, some decades).

According to Pro Football Network, the Brown family owns 97% of the Bengals and has been the majority, controlling owners since 1993.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Then they can easily afford to sell some of the team. Drop down to 90% and sell 7%. That's $350 mill or so right there.

they were the one team that voted against the private equity thing, seems like they are not too interested in partnerships

The Bengals were also ranked as the lowest valued NFL team at $4.1B

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
What did he say on Hinge on the previous date that made her decide to secretly record a date with the VP of Content for the Commanders?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I feel like being the VP of Content and calling the fans you're producing material for mouth breathing morons with nothing higher than a high school education might have possibly guaranteed his firing.:laugh:
That probably did it.. someone set this sting up though. Who benefits?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I feel like being the VP of Content and calling the fans you're producing material for mouth breathing morons with nothing higher than a high school education might have possibly guaranteed his firing.:laugh:

He told someone he thought was a date. Do you ever tell your partner crappy things about your company? Ever?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
That probably did it.. someone set this sting up though. Who benefits?
I mean, let's be honest, it was probably Dan Snyder. I don't know how or why, but that's my guess.
He told someone he thought was a date. Do you ever tell your partner crappy things about your company? Ever?
All the time. I'm not saying he's at fault. I'm saying his firing was guaranteed the moment he trashed the fans like that.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Oh, 100%, they had to fire him. But it's a really crappy way to get fired.
Again, I don't really even get it. It doesn't REALLY even reflect poorly on the Commanders for the average person, IMO. If anything, it would seem like something you'd do to get that specific person fired from his job, but this happened on their second date. So it feels like an undercover operation, to get... the VP of Content fired.

Bizarre all around.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
apparently the cowboys are about to give Dak a whole lot of money. Would've been nice if this was done in March so they could've signed others. but a season full of headlines is nicer!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
apparently the cowboys are about to give Dak a whole lot of money. Would've been nice if this was done in March so they could've signed others. but a season full of headlines is nicer!
Huh. I wonder what the Steelers and/or the Raiders will do now. I had him penciled in on one of those teams next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad