How many points for the Sharks in 2024-2025? Poll/discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many points?

• Total voters

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm thinking they're a 56-60 point team and hopefully that's still bad enough to get a top five pick but a team that is creating an identity for themselves in how they want to play. That would be a tremendous step in the right direction for the franchise.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Wennberg, Goodrow, and Dellandrea aren't good either. A lot of the additions from last offseason were highly heralded going into last season, but with a core as bad as the Sharks they weren't able to do anything.

None of the guys acquired have the ability to drive possession.

Celebrini and Smith are rookies and like most rookies, with very few exceptions, will almost surely have a negative impact on the team while they are figuring things out.
They're all NHL players. Not sure if you've noticed, but the guys that left this offseason literally don't have NHL jobs. So when half of your lineup is comprised of guys that are now going to Europe to play professional hockey and are now being replaced by average NHL players, that is going to make a rather large difference in the standings. Doesn't mean we still won't be bottom 5 in the league, it's just going to look a lot better relative to 2023-24 and go from historically bad to just bad.

Add in that shouldn't be getting 15 starts from Cooley/Chrona AHL/ECHL tweener level goalies, and a 15-20 point improvement is quite plausible.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
they will get tired because they havent been conditioned to play against "men" for the grind of an NHL season. Learning how to pace yourself and play correctly is going to be a bit of a challenge for most rookies.

That said, its not 1996. These kids have grown up in pro programs and are much more likely to make an impact than in the past.

I still think its high 50's, maybe low 60's at best.
That’s my thinking which like 10 point improvement is pretty good still.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Lastly I think there is going to be a general boost to the teams performance simply because I think players will be more motivated this year, we are done with the tear down portion of the rebuild, and now the general sentiment in the organization should be far more positive and upbeat. Now players should be competing to be a part of the future of this team, instead of just spinning their wheels during a tear down, not knowing if they'll be the next to go in an attempt to recoup/gain assets for the rebuild.

I hoping that playing under Warfs also helps with the motivation.
There was a reason Quinn was let go so quickly at the end of last season....

Reactions: Dicdonya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad