Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I always like to follow the players we picked and the players we passed on. Reinbacher versus Michkov, Hage versus Eiserman, etc... Eiserman and Michkov got more fanfare. But that doesn't mean much.
I'm also eager to know the outcome of Reinbacher vsf Michkov/Leonard/Benson. But I think that we lose that pick, like we lose the Mesar pick vs Kulich, or Kotkaniemi vs Tkachuk, or Galchenyuk vs Forsberg.

Imagine this is our 2nd line: Michkov - Dach - Demidov

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I'm also eager to know the outcome of Reinbacher vsf Michkov/Leonard/Benson. But I think that we lose that pick, like we lose the Mesar pick vs Kulich, or Kotkaniemi vs Tkachuk, or Galchenyuk vs Forsberg.

I get the sentiment but I’m doing a contextual 180 on that pick; DR being a RHD is huge for this roster construction business. They are so rare, having one that skates like him with the size and the ability to transition defensive threats to offensive opportunity is a gigantic need. He won’t need to be a PP guy because of the Lane Attack, so that’s off the needs list. He’ll need to learn to cut the ice when he gets pressured on his side but he’ll have time to learn. Ramage as already been watching tapes of the great Weber with DR to learn that trade, according to Stu Cowan. That’s perfect.

Our depth is lacking now on RHD, so much so that Savard is a MUST next season and Mailloux will need to show improvement as a third pairing guy to start and see if he can hold his own. He’ll need miles on him. If not than Barron will play his last card.

I would be sweating balls at the rebuild without DR. We are so thin there that we are allowing our prized LHD Guhle to NOT learn his trade on his natural side. A dangerous game already, so imagine what it would be without DR. Woof.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Then we can imagine a second D pairing of Hutson-Kovacevic

I’ve checked for crystal balls at Costco and came up empty….

I say we let them play, develop and wait a few years before declaring winners and losers

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I get the sentiment but I’m doing a contextual 180 on that pick; DR being a RHD is huge for this roster construction business. They are so rare, having one that skates like him with the size and the ability to transition defensive threats to offensive opportunity is a gigantic need. He won’t need to be a PP guy because of the Lane Attack, so that’s off the needs list. He’ll need to learn to cut the ice when he gets pressured on his side but he’ll have time to learn. Ramage as already been watching tapes of the great Weber with DR to learn that trade, according to Stu Cowan. That’s perfect.

Our depth is lacking now on RHD, so much so that Savard is a MUST next season and Mailloux will need to show improvement as a third pairing guy to start and see if he can hold his own. He’ll need miles on him. If not than Barron will play his last card.

I would be sweating balls at the rebuild without DR. We are so thin there that we are allowing our prized LHD Guhle to NOT learn his trade on his natural side. A dangerous game already, so imagine what it would be without DR. Woof.
I'm much more comfortable with DR now that we have two offensively skilled prospects in Demidov and Hage in the system. I was fine with him after we drafted him last year too, mind you, because as you say it's been a big organizational need.

Reinbacher's potential is pretty intriguing we could have a real Hamrlik type: munching minutes at will and being highly reliable, a source of stability.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Yeah, that sucks. It's extremely rare for a 1st round pick of a Canadian team to not get an invite to the summer camp. Definitely disagree with some of the selections before Hage.

He'll need a tremendous start in NCAA to get an invite to the December camp.
It’s obvious they don’t like kids in the USHL. Sacha Boisvert is not there either.

I see no reason to invite a guy like Malcolm Spence or Vincent Collard who are underagers over Hage. Can’t complain about Martone who’s a big kid and potential top 3 pick.

No Mckenna is weird too.

And Cole Beaudoin and Tanner Howe over Michael Hage 😂

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It’s obvious they don’t like kids in the USHL. Sacha Boisvert is not there either.

I see no reason to invite a guy like Malcolm Spence or Vincent Collard who are underagers over Hage. Can’t complain about Martone who’s a big kid and potential top 3 pick.

No Mckenna is weird too.

And Cole Beaudoin and Tanner Howe over Michael Hage 😂

Martone is a definite invite. It's Collard, Howe, Pinelli & Beaudoin.

McKenna is likely playing Gretzky-Hlinka.

The World Junior Summer Showcase is a series of games between USA, Canada, Finland & Sweden. USA & Canada will have 2 teams. It runs July 28-August 3rd in Michigan.

Gretzky-Hlinka is from August 5-10 in Edmonton. No way McKenna can do both.

McKenna is a 2026, while the underagers in the showcase are 2025s. They're probably too good for u18, but then so is McKenna. He's going to play anyway as he didn't play last year, so he'll get his one & done in.

Reactions: TesseractPrice

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
They don't like it when you go to the US route. You have to be Celebrini level for them to consider it.
This silo mentality will lead to them to continue to struggle to compete with US, Finnish and other teams that simply opt for the best players rather than play favorites. Despite having elite talents like Celebrini.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
This silo mentality will lead to them to continue to struggle to compete with US, Finnish and other teams that simply opt for the best players rather than play favorites. Despite having elite talents like Celebrini.
The US does the same to players playing in the CHL.

Although, much less US players play in the CHL than canadians in the NCAA.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Yeah I mean if anything I'm still in 'f*** team canada' mode ANYway honestly after all that shit they're obviously hoping we just quickly forget about,
But as my good friend L.A. Knight says : NAH, NAH!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
The US does the same to players playing in the CHL.

Although, much less US players play in the CHL than canadians in the NCAA.
Interesting. We would almost never see the difference, because most American kids would rather get the US college education along the way than ride the shuttle between Saskatoon and Moose Jaw :skeptic:. But I can see both sets of coaches cut from the same cloth.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Interesting. We would almost never see the difference, because most American kids would rather get the US college education along the way rather than ride the shuttle between Saskatoon and Moose Jaw :skeptic:. But I can see both sets of coaches cut from the same cloth.
Hum US kids playing int he CHL is not really that rare,

JT Miller played in the OHL
Patrick Kane played in the OHL
Mathew Tkachuk played in the OHL
Jason Robertson played in the OHL
Trocheck played in the OHL

This is exemples i got by looking at the top 10 US players last year.

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
South Shore

Given the talks about the NCAA opening its doors to CHL players, perhaps the point will be moot in due time.​

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
More I watch him, more he give me Jordan Kyrou vibes.

I think that's a realistic projection for a talent like that, Kyrou product 65-75 pts per year. Solid top 6 C for the Blues.

65-75 pts per season is a realistic projection if everything goes well for Michael Hage. He will give everything for Montreal Canadiens aswell!!

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
More I watch him, more he give me Jordan Kyrou vibes.

I think that's a realistic projection for a talent like that, Kyrou product 65-75 pts per year. Solid top 6 C for the Blues.

65-75 pts per season is a realistic projection if everything goes well for Michael Hage. He will give everything for Montreal Canadiens aswell!!

I think Kyrou plays wing.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The comparison still holds weight though, I see similarities as well.

If Hage can be a 65-75 pt player like you said, that’s always a great pick in the mid/late draft. We’d all be happy :)

I think we are all going to see his true potential next year in NCAA level. If he product really well, we can all see a high offensive potential at NHL for Hage.

I just speak about potential, I don't know the true, but his production at USHL level, is very very good. The stats who hype me it's after his 1ppg in 25 games, he put 1,72ppg in his last 29 games (50 points).

Just before the season, he lost his father. That's normal having a slow start (even 1ppg isn't that bad). But he show his real talent and potential in his last 29 games. 1,72ppg, that's worth easily more than a #21 selection!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad