Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We don't really passed on Eiserman, even if think Hage would be the pick if both are there.

Hage is much more complete player than Eiserman, much more compete guy aswell, better fit for a playoff game. Eiserman have goalscoring instinct, but Zadina too have always that instinct... looks today.

Yes, I am interested to see how Eiserman and Michkov's careers play out... As well as Hage and Reinbacher.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Yes, I am interested to see how Eiserman and Michkov's careers play out... As well as Hage and Reinbacher.

Yess me too.

I think the fact we grab Demidov this year. That's help Reinbacher to have less pressure, because Reinbacher have been drafted ahead of great forwards prospects like Michkov, Leonard and Benson.

Having Demidov, that's cancel that type of pressure, because I see Demidov better than Leonard or Benson, for sure.

Will see about vs Michkov, but I'd prefer the style of Demidov than Michkov. I think he will be more complete and more fun to watch. But it's just me!

If Reinbacher become that top two-way RD like Dobson or Seider, that would be a perfect pick at 5. Even if we drafted him ahead of a future 40-50 goalscorer like Michkov!

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
He is as a montrealwr as most of the city. Only a xeno French media can ignore that fact . Heck his grand parents still live there .
If they want to ignore he is a montreal cause he lived away for long , then by all means let them start by calling Celine a Las Vegas american
SACRILEGE, lol.

Reactions: tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Yess me too.

I think the fact we grab Demidov this year. That's help Reinbacher to have less pressure, because Reinbacher have been drafted ahead of great forwards prospects like Michkov, Leonard and Benson.

Having Demidov, that's cancel that type of pressure, because I see Demidov better than Leonard or Benson, for sure.

Will see about vs Michkov, but I'd prefer the style of Demidov than Michkov. I think he will be more complete and more fun to watch. But it's just me!

If Reinbacher become that top two-way RD like Dobson or Seider, that would be a perfect pick at 5. Even if we drafted him ahead of a future 40-50 goalscorer like Michkov!
I will go on record in this thread also that michkov won’t be in the same stratosphère as demidov .

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I always like to follow the players we picked and the players we passed on. Reinbacher versus Michkov, Hage versus Eiserman, etc... Eiserman and Michkov got more fanfare. But that doesn't mean much.
We didn’t pass on Eiserman to draft Hage. And Eiserman was never getting picked over Demidov

I will go on record in this thread also that michkov won’t be in the same stratosphère as demidov .
Agreed. Demidov is far more complete as a playero

Agreed. Demidov is far more complete as a playero

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
That Eiserman was available that late in the 1st round means if we wanted him, we could was traded up to get him.
They already traded up. He wasn’t there for them. Not sure Habs would’ve taken him even if he was. Hughes said they would’ve traded the pick if Hage wasn’t there so I don’t think Eiserman their target with that pick and certainly not with the Demidov pick.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Also, no one traded up for him either. There's some things teams didn't like about the player and probably the personality too.
Agreed. Another time to raise questions about the USNTDP players. With Gauthier/MCgroarty/Fox/Connely and now questions about Eiserman, I wonder what the culture is like for those kids in the program.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They already traded up. He wasn’t there for them. Not sure Habs would’ve taken him even if he was. Hughes said they would’ve traded the pick if Hage wasn’t there so I don’t think Eiserman their target with that pick and certainly not with the Demidov pick.
I agree. That was their assessment. In time we'll see how it turned out.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Yes you are correct , they clearly traded up for hage or they were trading out of the pick .
I believe that was the trade with the peg .

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Hage was their guy even if Eiserman is available, whether they would have taken Eiserman if NYI took Hage is another story. I was shocked to see Hage still available although I knew that here would be a couple of big surprises that might fall to us at 21 that would not have fallen to 26.

I do not recall Hughes ever saying that he would have traded the pick if Hage was not there only that they were looking to trade the pick earlier in the day to move up again because he wasn't confident that Hage would be there at 21.

I believe that Hughes also said that they had a potential deal(s) in the works if Demidov was not available to move down from 5 and upgrade from 21 or some facsimile of these events.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hage was their guy even if Eiserman is available, whether they would have taken Eiserman if NYI took Hage is another story. I was shocked to see Hage still available although I knew that here would be a couple of big surprises that might fall to us at 21 that would not have fallen to 26.

I do not recall Hughes ever saying that he would have traded the pick if Hage was not there only that they were looking to trade the pick earlier in the day to move up again because he wasn't confident that Hage would be there at 21.

I believe that Hughes also said that they had a potential deal(s) in the works if Demidov was not available to move down from 5 and upgrade from 21 or some facsimile of these events.
After the draft a reporter asked him if he would have kept the pick or traded it if Hage wasn’t there and he said he would’ve traded it. Something along those lines though I don’t remember exactly.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
After the draft a reporter asked him if he would have kept the pick or traded it if Hage wasn’t there and he said he would’ve traded it. Something along those lines though I don’t remember exactly.

I watched every post draft interview and don't recall that at all. Are you certain that you aren't conflating that statement with the statements that I mentioned? I could very well be wrong or even conflating similar conversations.....I will try and go over some of those interviews when time permits.

I do not speak french although I can partially follow conversation in French....did I miss an answer that Kent gave in french?

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I watched every post draft interview and don't recall that at all. Are you certain that you aren't conflating that statement with the statements that I mentioned? I could very well be wrong or even conflating similar conversations.....I will try and go over some of those interviews when time permits.

I do not speak french although I can partially follow conversation in French....did I miss an answer that Kent gave in french?
This wasn’t the interview I was Referring to but he says it here as well. Also said it in an English interview but I couldn’t find it after a quick search. It’s starts at about the 45 second mark but ha makes the statement around 1:20. He Hage was much higher on their list then where he was drafted and says they were hoping he’d fall but had plans to trade the puck if he didn’t.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
This wasn’t the interview I was Referring to but he says it here as well. Also said it in an English interview but I couldn’t find it after a quick search. It’s starts at about the 45 second mark but ha makes the statement around 1:20. He Hage was much higher on their list then where he was drafted and says they were hoping he’d fall but had plans to trade the puck if he didn’t.

Maybe the plan is Rutger McGroarty. He put 33 pts in 25 games in USHL at 17, that's 1,32 ppg. Hage put 75 pts n 54 games, 1,39 ppg but 50 pts in his last 29 games, 1,72 ppg. In USHL at 17 aswell.

So maybe if that the plan, they view Michael Hage with higher upside than Rutger McGroarty?

McGroarty have been selected #14 in 2022 draft.

Hage have been considered to be picking between #15 and #22 all year long. Habs management have him much more than #21. So maybe in the range #13 - #16 (I view some ranking putting Hage in top 10 aswell).

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Maybe the plan is Rutger McGroarty. He put 33 pts in 25 games in USHL at 17, that's 1,32 ppg. Hage put 75 pts n 54 games, 1,39 ppg but 51 pts in his last 29 games, 1,72 ppg. In USHL at 17 aswell.

So maybe if that the plan, they view Michael Hage with higher upside than Rutger McGroarty?

Hage have been considered to be picking between #15 and #22 all year long. Habs management have him much more than #21. So maybe in the range #13 - #16 (I view some ranking putting Hage in top 10 aswell).
That’s what I think as well. If Hage wasn’t there they would’ve used that pick as part of a trade for McG. Guess we won’t know for awhile now D that was the case.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Maybe the plan is Rutger McGroarty. He put 33 pts in 25 games in USHL at 17, that's 1,32 ppg. Hage put 75 pts n 54 games, 1,39 ppg but 50 pts in his last 29 games, 1,72 ppg. In USHL at 17 aswell.

Hage is a better prospect than McGroarty. The skating and skill is clearly superior to McGroarty, the only thing is McGroarty being thicker, stronger and meaner means he can play in the bottom 6 where Hage probably can't, that being said the feet might hold Rutger back from being anything,

Reactions: mdk

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Yess me too.

Demidov has probably the only unanimous pick. We had the Slaf vs Wright vs Nemec vs Cooley and the Reinbacher vs Michkov.

I did not see single person hating the Demidov pick. It would be very fun if Demidov end up being the third best player after Slaf and Reinbacher.

Reactions: windycity

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I prefer Rutger personally but I can’t say it’s by that much

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

That makes sense as I was skipping past the french parts of the interview.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I prefer Rutger personally but I can’t say it’s by that much

Hage has more upside imo as McGroarty is more likely to play lower in the lineup due to being a below average skater and I would suggest that comparing the draft year stats as a previous poster did in the USHL between Hage and McGroarty is a very flawed comparison. McGroarty played with the USNDTP team with Logan Cooley as his center and Lane Hutson on defence.

They are both very good prospects, I just think Hage has the tools to become a higher impact offensive player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad