Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
UFA options for goalies look horrible for next season.
CMac/Sakic's MO with goalies has been to target RFA's with starter potential looking for an opportunity. Like trading a 2nd for Grubauer+ Orpiks buyout, or some picks for Georgiev. They've also shied away from UFA goalies, including their own (i.e. Varlamov, Grubauer, Kuemper). So you'd probably have better luck figuring out the Avs next goalie by looking at goalies who are RFA's in 2025.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
CMac/Sakic's MO with goalies has been to target RFA's with starter potential looking for an opportunity. Like trading a 2nd for Grubauer+ Orpiks buyout, or some picks for Georgiev. They've also shied away from UFA goalies, including their own (i.e. Varlamov, Grubauer, Kuemper). So you'd probably have better luck figuring out the Avs next goalie by looking at goalies who are RFA's in 2025.

So our next starter will be Devon Levi or Lukas Dostal if Gibson finds his groove and motivation again. Gotcha!

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Or who will be RFAs at the current contract conclusion

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
At what point in a season does a GM consider asking a player's agent about the potential of a sign and deal. Does that not even come up until after the season? Does it come up at the new calendar year? I'm curious about this, especially in Mikko's case but in general really. I know nothing about how the business side of hockey ops actually works day to day.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Detroit does. Zero incentive for them.
Especially since Georgiev has a reputation to be bad in the room. I don't think any team wants him unless we make an offer that they can't refuse.

We need to find a team that will waive him and send him to the AHL...or simply let him go on the player assistance program.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Georgiev ($3.4m) for Husso @1.35m retained ($3.4m). Who says no?
Then Detroit is paying $4.7 mil to Georgiev. Easy no for them.

They may do George for Husso straight up if Talbot and Lyon establish themselves, but I expect Husso to be at least the backup.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Especially since Georgiev has a reputation to be bad in the room.
I don't know where this "fact" comes from lmao. I have asked for some sources and whatnot, never received any. I guess some people have drawn their own conclusions from the fact that he got into a fight with a guy who was such a great guy that he plays in Russia right now.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't know where this "fact" comes from lmao. I have asked for some sources and whatnot, never received any. I guess some people have drawn their own conclusions from the fact that he got into a fight with a guy who was such a great guy that he plays in Russia right now.
You’re a Rangers fan too, right? You should recall his actions when Shesty took the net. He pouted, didn’t celebrate team wins, openly complained about not getting starts, and actively was unhappy on Shesty having a great season. This is all outside the Tony D incident… where we all probably find TonyD to be a shitheel, he’s very well liked in locker rooms. Always a popular teammate. His reason for being in Russia now is that he’s terrible defensively. We have incidents that have happened on the ice here. It’s pretty well known he’s a petulant child sort of goalie. Which isn’t that big of deal if he plays well (it actually isn’t a big deal in that case). When he’s not it gets volatile.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The only realistic 4giev swap I could see would be with the Hawks for Brossoit when he gets healthy at the end of the month.
Of course, we'd have to add a nice pick or prospect or both.

Then you waive Fatty and platoon Bross and Kahk

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
You’re a Rangers fan too, right? You should recall his actions when Shesty took the net. He pouted, didn’t celebrate team wins, openly complained about not getting starts, and actively was unhappy on Shesty having a great season. This is all outside the Tony D incident… where we all probably find TonyD to be a shitheel, he’s very well liked in locker rooms. Always a popular teammate. His reason for being in Russia now is that he’s terrible defensively. We have incidents that have happened on the ice here. It’s pretty well known he’s a petulant child sort of goalie. Which isn’t that big of deal if he plays well (it actually isn’t a big deal in that case). When he’s not it gets volatile.
That is absolutely false. And there are accounts from his Rangers time of multiple people disliking him. Apparently Trouba and Kreider did actually took him aside and tell him to quit his political sperging in the locker room, which was disliked by many.

Tony DeAngelo is a better defenceman than a lot of the 3rd pairing Dmen playing in this league. The reason he's in Russia, is because he's an insufferable :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That is absolutely false. And there are accounts from his Rangers time of multiple people disliking him.
There are always some guys who don’t get along, but as a whole, he’s well liked. Him and Fox are very good friends.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
There are always some guys who don’t get along, but as a whole, he’s well liked. Him and Fox are very good friends.
Yeah, and likewise Georgiev has friends. So what is your point here?

I'm kinda tired of defending Georgiev here (when he doesn't deserve such courtesy because of his play), but there are some narratives here that have become mainstream facts while there is actually no evidence of supporting it. One is that Georgiev is a bad teammate and disliked by other people, one is that Nuke got caught doing cocaine (when the grapevine has it being opioids).

Reactions: Alienblood

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, and likewise Georgiev has friends. So what is your point here?
Georgiev basically had Kakko in that whole locker room. The vast majority were on the TDA side. They didn’t like his social media antics and wanted him to stop that stuff… but he was well liked. To the point where the leadership group actively vouched for his character to Carolina’s front office. Where he is also highly thought of. He’s a douche, but that is very common in the NHL.

There are a lot of stories out there on George not being a good teammate. Of course guys won’t actively put them out there, but it is very well known.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad