Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the evil Senators at the Bell Centre

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Slaf going to need something to click again, he’s not around the puck, just reacting.

I’d drop him to the 3rd line, bump Heineman and Newhook up there. Matchups should be more favorable.

Maybe once msl gets his head out of his ass and plays Hutson on pp1 maybe Slaf will start getting confidence back?

Dach looks slurry.

That Hutson kid is worth tuning in.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The hate Barron gets here is Abf***ingsurd.
He wasn't even our worst defender last evening that was #72.
Whining about a penalty that was soft to begin with and goes uncalled more often than not.
He had a good game keeping himself between Seanator players and our net.
Montembault was able to track everything because we boxed out pretty well as a TEAM.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Whining about a penalty that was soft to begin with and goes uncalled more often than not.
Montembault was able to track everything because we boxed out pretty well as a TEAM.

Nah bro. Vanilla Barron is terrible.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Shesterkin is an elite goalie. It’s a much harder position to play now than even 10 years ago.
Turning down 11 million a year was a mistake. Clee re army doesn’t care about winning. As a teammate I’d be pissed he’s looking to kill our cap with greed. And yea I believe getting your own…. With a cap. With a cap, your ambition affects everyone

Reactions: Redux91

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It’s called confidence after being named number one and no more three goalie carrousel. I admit, he had the eye of the tiger last night. Totally dialed in
His mechanics are continually improving.
Last year I talked about him having to get better in two areas in specific.
Tracking the puck through traffic and rebound control.
I'm fairly certain his best attributes through six periods has been tracking the puck and rebound control.
Next up for Monty is puck handling positional awareness on dump ins and directing traffic.

LOVE IT.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Jackeye-Barron has the 2nd best xgf% after Hutson-Guhle, of all pairings who played 10+ minutes togrther at 5v5 so far.

It's too small of a sample, but a good sign.

I want to see Matheson and Savard get used to each other. Their xGF% was slightly better than Matheson-Guhle last season and both pairings were used as a first pairing (~45-46%), so my theory is that a second pairing of Matheson-Savard should easily rise above their 46% xgf as a first pairing.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Jackeye-Barron has the 2nd best xgf% after Hutson-Guhle, of all pairings who played 10+ minutes togrther at 5v5 so far.

It's too small of a sample, but a good sign.

I want to see Matheson and Savard get used to each other. Their xGF% was slightly better than Matheson-Guhle last season and both pairings were used as a first pairing (~45-46%), so my theory is that a second pairing of Matheson-Savard should easily rise above their 46% xgf as a first pairing.
Good Point.
Matheson Savard could be they key to finding success in solidifying our D.
I just find it weird people criticizing anyone after the performance last evening.
We just stomped a team we hadn't got a point out of in 9 consecutive games.
From start to finish that was one of our better 60 minute games in a heck of a long time.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Do you think Slaf has been among our top 3 best forwards though? I'm not even worried about the dude but his play can be much better. I'll give him another 10 games before asking if he's 100%

My post was a bit rough, sorry. I don't think top 3, but very good. Quick passes, good puck protection, he creates space for Caufield. The skilled plays, net presence, etc will come back as he gets his timing back.

durojean

May 29, 2007

Tkachuk's acting like Hutson didn't just dummy him earlier and his team isn't losing 4-1.

Also it drives me nuts that Monty doesn't sit at the top of the paint when we are holding the puck behind the net. The other team's forechecker is always in the paint because of it. I don't think any other goalie in the league does that.
Also while Tkatchuk was making fun of him, Hutson found a guy and got the puck out of the zone.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs

Easy? Super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Anderson is cooked.

I'm actually liking what I'm seeing in Anderson right now. More aggressive, playing hard nosed hockey. The points will come.

Hutson is special. He constantly creates chances out there with black holes like Gallagher and Dvorak.

Gallagher's been pretty solid for the last little bit. Have you been watching the Habs in the last while?

I loved Heineman tonight. Lots of speed, grit and nice shot

I keep thinking he's like 26-27 yrs old. He's just 22, he could turn out pretty solid.

Really? I've felt Xhekaj's been dragged down by Barron. I'd like to see Arber back with Savard and eventually Mailloux. Now call me crazy but I'd like to see Barron paired with Matheson. Give the kid a strict defensive assignment. Let Matheson dictate the play and have Barron just be his "straight man." F the points, this season we tell him all we want is him to master the D portion of his craft.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Team will look a lot better with Struble-Xhekaj/Barron, just an extra bit of oomph physically from the back end.

And boy do things look better with ABB out and Heineman/Kapanen playing at NHL speed.
ABB like Pezz both have value in that they can sit while the kids cut their teeth.
Keeping ABB was a huge slap in the face to Roy if anything.

Reactions: Redux91

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Easy? Super easy, barely an inconvenience.

I'm actually liking what I'm seeing in Anderson right now. More aggressive, playing hard nosed hockey. The points will come.

Gallagher's been pretty solid for the last little bit. Have you been watching the Habs in the last while?

I keep thinking he's like 26-27 yrs old. He's just 22, he could turn out pretty solid.

Really? I've felt Xhekaj's been dragged down by Barron. I'd like to see Arber back with Savard and eventually Mailloux. Now call me crazy but I'd like to see Barron paired with Matheson. Give the kid a strict defensive assignment. Let Matheson dictate the play and have Barron just be his "straight man." F the points, this season we tell him all we want is him to master the D portion of his craft.
Arber was paired with Savard and Barron was paired with Matheson against Boston it was HORRENDOUS.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Oh pls … Dipshit is utter trash. What does he bring to the table, what his “game” exactly?

No redeeming quality. Fortunately Struble’s return is going to plant him the press box for good.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Barron is having a better start of the season than Xhekaj.
JB had a very solid game tonight. One of the best I've seen him play ever. Quiet, making the easy plays, was actually physical in his own zone. I've been hard on him when needed but also give him praise when he deserves it and he did tonight.

The same for Arber. He had a tough preseason and start to the season but tonight, solid. Less is more for Arber. If he doesn't run around and try to be something he's not, he'll be just fine as a physical 3rd pairing/penalty killing defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad