Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
UFA options for goalies look horrible for next season.
CMac/Sakic's MO with goalies has been to target RFA's with starter potential looking for an opportunity. Like trading a 2nd for Grubauer+ Orpiks buyout, or some picks for Georgiev. They've also shied away from UFA goalies, including their own (i.e. Varlamov, Grubauer, Kuemper). So you'd probably have better luck figuring out the Avs next goalie by looking at goalies who are RFA's in 2025.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
CMac/Sakic's MO with goalies has been to target RFA's with starter potential looking for an opportunity. Like trading a 2nd for Grubauer+ Orpiks buyout, or some picks for Georgiev. They've also shied away from UFA goalies, including their own (i.e. Varlamov, Grubauer, Kuemper). So you'd probably have better luck figuring out the Avs next goalie by looking at goalies who are RFA's in 2025.

So our next starter will be Devon Levi or Lukas Dostal if Gibson finds his groove and motivation again. Gotcha!

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Or who will be RFAs at the current contract conclusion

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
At what point in a season does a GM consider asking a player's agent about the potential of a sign and deal. Does that not even come up until after the season? Does it come up at the new calendar year? I'm curious about this, especially in Mikko's case but in general really. I know nothing about how the business side of hockey ops actually works day to day.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Detroit does. Zero incentive for them.
Especially since Georgiev has a reputation to be bad in the room. I don't think any team wants him unless we make an offer that they can't refuse.

We need to find a team that will waive him and send him to the AHL...or simply let him go on the player assistance program.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Georgiev ($3.4m) for Husso @1.35m retained ($3.4m). Who says no?
Then Detroit is paying $4.7 mil to Georgiev. Easy no for them.

They may do George for Husso straight up if Talbot and Lyon establish themselves, but I expect Husso to be at least the backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad