Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean I think he would've made more in the NHL, even playing for league minimum. Switzerland isn't exactly cheap, and while the clubs pay good in European pro hockey standards, the salaries in Europe are nothing like in the NHL.

All that said, he's going to be playing in a big role (unlike in the NHL), less games, shorter distances, Switzerland is a beautiful country and quite high up there of places where people would probably love to live. And going back home is half day's drive instead of flying for a day across the pond.
I mean there’s a decent chance he’ll be making like 4-600k in Switzerland. Chances are he doesn’t make the NHL and he is making similar at best money in a far worse place to live

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I’d bet Zadina’s deal is around 300k. Which is probably more than he’d make in NA this year after all taxes and such (doubt he’d get a 1 way deal).

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Bouchard will be the interesting one. If they wait and he puts up another point per game season, the comparables are much more in the $10-11mil range for 8 years when accounting for cap increase. Add in that Edmonton probably needs to include trade protection for these contracts because it isn't an ideal location. Good chance they have $40mil committed to three guys.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I’d bet Zadina’s deal is around 300k. Which is probably more than he’d make in NA this year after all taxes and such (doubt he’d get a 1 way deal).
Still a colossal financial loss just for betting on himself.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If Mikko really wants 13+, he can get it... and all he has to do is be patient. The Avs would eventually give in and pay him. If not, there's a number of teams that will pay him high 13s on the open market. Players of his ilk don't hit UFA very often and when they do, half the league tries to sign them.

Reactions: Linds

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If Mikko really wants 13+, he can get it... and all he has to do is be patient. The Avs would eventually give in and pay him. If not, there's a number of teams that will pay him high 13s on the open market. Players of his ilk don't hit UFA very often and when they do, half the league tries to sign them.

I just want the chaos of Mikko and Marner hitting the market at the same time.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Lorentz PTO to the Leafs. I thought he was good on the Cats. Would have been nice to have him on our 4th line.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
This probably means Mikko is getting at least 13 mill
He literally has no argument, to reach that number.

Draisaitl got 14M because he has 5 100+pts seasons and a 6th where he easily would have had 100+ has it not been a shortened season. Throw in 3 50+ goal seasons and 3 60+ assist seasons. Not to mention the whole Canada tax issue, where they get taxed more so their contacts are generally higher to accommodate.

Rants has 2 100+ pts seasons, 1 50+ goal season and 1 60+ assist season.

Rants will get the Pasta contract with inflation. I'd guess somewhere in the 11.5-12M range.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Draisaitl got 14M because he has 5 100+pts seasons and a 6th where he easily would have had 100+ has it not been a shortened season. Throw in 3 50+ goal seasons and 3 60+ assist seasons. Not to mention the whole Canada tax issue, where they get taxed more so their contacts are generally higher to accommodate.

Rants will get the Pasta contract with inflation. I'd guess somewhere in the 11.5-12M range.
The Pasta contract with inflation is 12.5. The Bread contract with inflation is 13.1m. There’s an argument for 13. Just a matter of if Rants wants to push it.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Avs have no choice but to re-sign Rantanen. He will get what he wants or very close to it.

No package of futures in a trade gives us a better chance of winning in our rapidly closing window… and you can’t let him walk. Period.

That's what people tell themselves to justify decisions they know they shouldn't make.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

One can easily be led astray by using arbitrary cutoff point numbers as absolute guages of success - 100 point season, 50 goal season, etc.

For example, if Player A has two 50 goal seasons, and Player B has zero 50 goal seasons, Player A is much better on the Chet scale, ya?

But what if I told you that Player B has ten 49 goal seasons? Who’s the better player now?

Bottom line: over the past 5 seasons cumulatively, Rantanen is 6th highest in the league in goals, and 9th in points. Rantanen is also over a ppg in playoff scoring 6 seasons in a row.

He’s scoring top 6/top 9 in the league. He’s going to get paid top 6/top 9 in the league. Period. Probably higher than that, given when he’s signing his next contract.

Rantanen may not get paid exactly equal to the top centers, but he’ll be close. He’ll certainly get paid at the top of the list for wings.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad