Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Why do you think that?

They have 3 1st round picks this year and 2 2nds. In the last 2 drafts they've made 11 picks in the first 3 rounds.

It's not like they've completely mortgaged the future to build the team.they have now. Not even remotely close.
Because buying a core never works out, regardless if they mortgaged the future or not. Their center depth is below average and i'm not sure we'll see chemistry between 3 shoot-first players in Stamkos, Marchessault, and Forsberg. Add that their core players are all 32+ and it's not something I have any faith in.

Trotz had the right idea of blowing up the core last year and the moves he made this year were fine on paper considering they re-signed Saros. I just think completely blowing it up would've made more sense. If you had to bet between Nashville, San Jose, and Chicago winning a cup in the next decade, i'd rank Nashville the lowest.

Reactions: Avs_19

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Because buying a core never works out, regardless if they mortgaged the future or not. Their center depth is below average and i'm not sure we'll see chemistry between 3 shoot-first players in Stamkos, Marchessault, and Forsberg. Add that their core players are all 32+ and it's not something I have any faith in.

Trotz had the right idea of blowing up the core last year and the moves he made this year were fine on paper considering they re-signed Saros. I just think completely blowing it up would've made more sense. If you had to bet between Nashville, San Jose, and Chicago winning a cup in the next decade, i'd rank Nashville the lowest.
I wouldnt say never since Vegas just won buying Eichel, Pie and Stone. Its gives a much shorter window though.

Reactions: Alienblood

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Friedman:

M3pOmVF.png

QI0HJNQ.png

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Maybe i'm late to the Party , but was there any PTO names floating arround , linked to the Avs ?

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I feel like the Avs ditched the typical PTO and starting signing that left over guy late in the summer. eRod/Tatar/Kylington yet I can't remember a bigger name PTO over those camps.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Can the Avs actually legally put the roster they have on the ice? Or are they going to be over the cap?

I know they have a one legged Captain and a drug riddled Nichushkin, but the team is actually really good on paper.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I feel like the Avs ditched the typical PTO and starting signing that left over guy late in the summer. eRod/Tatar/Kylington yet I can't remember a bigger name PTO over those camps.

They've still been getting some PTOs, obviously smaller names but a few have latched on:

2023-2024: Holland, Kiviranta, Kozun, Maenalanen
2022-2023: Galchenyuk
2021-2022: Anisimov, Fontaine, Johnson

Reactions: Ararana

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Can the Avs actually legally put the roster they have on the ice? Or are they going to be over the cap?

I know they have a one legged Captain and a drug riddled Nichushkin, but the team is actually really good on paper.
I'm far from certain but I think they would be over the cap if they could get everyone back for Day 1. But Nichushkin can only come back later so his cap hit will apparently be prorated.
And Landeskog will likely be on LTIR for some time, which could apparently allow the team to accrue some cap space.
So there "might" be a possibility where all the pieces fall in place perfectly and they can fit everyone under the cap at some point later in the season.
But I think this would be very tight and would require having less than 23 players on the roster. So it seems unlikely to me that they will go that route. Not impossible however. We can probably expect a move. Which move will depend on how much room they need once all of these pieces fall into place. If Nichushkin can't get his shit together, then he'll go straight back to the program and may solve it for this year. If Landeskog comes back to practice full time, full contact and screws-up his knee before even playing a game, it will solve it for this year.
So many scenarios possible...

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Uhm, using LTIR is exactly what prevents teams from accruing capspace. You have to be under the cap to do that.
Yes. But it was circulated around that how it works is that you start by forming your lowest cap hit lineup possible, including the injured players. If it comes to below the ceiling, which the Avs can do at the start of the season since Nichushkin won't count, that becomes your comparable for cap accruing purposes. Then you put your player on LTIR and you can accrue based on the fact that you were below the cap WITH the injured player before putting him on LTIR.

So if that is indeed how it works, I think the Avs could accrue a bit of space until both Nich and Landeskog come back. If that works, and the AVs need just a little more accrued cap space to make it work, they could even become the evil cap abusers by keeping Lando a few extra weeks on LTIR...

Disclaimer... this is all hearsay. I didn't verify any of this information...

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Uhm, using LTIR is exactly what prevents teams from accruing capspace. You have to be under the cap to do that.
The Avs will most definitely be under the cap for game 1 with Nuke not counting. So with or without Landeskog on LTIR, the Avs will be under the cap.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We’re not gonna have Landy, Nuke, Lehky to begin the season. So what does the roster look like to start the season as far as the forwards?

Drouin-MacK-Mikko
LOC-Mittelstadt-Wood
Kovy-Colton-Ritchie
Kelly-Wagner-Kiviranta

I guess that’s what we go with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad