Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I would absolutely go after Askarov, but the problem is that I am 100% sure Avs like what they see in Annunen and probably have no reason to trade for Yaroslav (which is a mistake).

How soon would you be looking to give Askarov the no.1 job? Thinking it might be nice to send Georgiev out for some cap savings, but next season is probably a bit early for Askarov to take over.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How soon would you be looking to give Askarov the no.1 job? Thinking it might be nice to send Georgiev out for some cap savings, but next season is probably a bit early for Askarov to take over.
If Avs ever did acquire Askarov, that would change a lot of the plans because personally speaking, I want Georgiev traded as of now. However, getting Askarov means Avs should keep Georgiev for this season and get rid of him as UFA next July 1st, while Askarov should be the prime backup since we probably trade Annunen to the Preds in that "potential deal."

Depending on how well Yaroslav does in the backup role, would depend on which goaler Avs would sign in 2025. He posted bloody good numbers and looked ready when he was with the Preds, but I do admit that is a super small sample size. Ullmark, Hill, Husso, Vladar, and Vejmelka are all UFAs next year and are ones I would have no problem signing. Husso seems like someone I would go after the most because he doesn't mind being the backup if it ever comes to that. An interesting name is Lehner, no idea what's happening with him in terms of LTIR and how much he can recover, but he's one I would go after if he's 100% healthy when coming back. The two main ones that can cover Askarov and sort of fade into that backup role long-term would be Husso or Hill. I would love Ullmark, but he probably sees himself as a starter. So, my idea would cover Askarov whenever he is ready, which would be around two-ish years for me (give or take one extra season).

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I really dont ever see 3C as a big piece tbh. I like Colton, i like Compher. But I still want to go cheap at 3C. Like even a Tyler Johnson.

Bednard has always said he sees it as top 6 and bottom 6. In the ideal situation (i.e. now that we have Mitts as legit top 6C), the talent gap between our 3C and 4C shouldnt need to be super high.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I really dont ever see 3C as a big piece tbh. I like Colton, i like Compher. But I still want to go cheap at 3C. Like even a Tyler Johnson.

Bednard has always said he sees it as top 6 and bottom 6. In the ideal situation (i.e. now that we have Mitts as legit top 6C), the talent gap between our 3C and 4C shouldnt need to be super high.
Heavily disagree here.

The 3C becomes vital in the playoffs. If you get one that can be utilized against a top 6 C, you can create all sorts of match up problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad