Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Is it? Anyone with a brain knows that we're going to downgrade 3C thanks to the Landy and Nuke situations.
I mean CMac wouldn’t be doing his job if he wasn’t exploring every option. Just think it’d be very unlike a GM to fix his C position finally and immediately upend it.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Obviously our 3rd line grinder will make his triumphant return and finally fulfill his destiny while replacing colton

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
We have less money because some players take more money though.

The Avs have 2 gamebreakers in Mack and Makar. I'm OK with paying those 2 superstar money but in order to keep good depth to surround them I don't think we should be paying any winger or any other dman over 5M (with the current cap).

That means that Rants, Landy, Nuke and Toews are bad contracts to us (not at an individual level but at a team structure level).
Assuming Nuke plays you're getting a top winger at both ends of the ice who can play huge minutes and scores from the dirty areas. You absolutely take 6 million for that.

In the real world Nuke is unreliable and absent when it matters. But in theory if you can a 9 million player for 6 million you have to take it.

Rants Toews and Landy will never out play their contracts so agree with you there.

Realistically next season LOC may be the only guy in the top 9F or top 4D who provide any excess value. And that's mainly because for some reason LOC turns our 4 million dollar 3C and 2.5 million dollar 4LW into a competent line.

Reactions: CaleMakaw

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Its just gonna be really funny around here if we don't end up moving Colton. Lots of egg on faces.
I think a majority of people that are ok with moving Colton, was because we were under the premise that a medium sized contract HAD to be moved out this summer.

If cap space weren’t as bad an issue, i don’t think anyone would really want to move him.

But as it stands, of all the bigger contracts we have, Colton, at least to me, feels like the guy who’s the logical because he’s the only one that really isn’t ideal for his position. Hes played at 3C more out of necessity than idealistically.

Every other bigger contract is slotted in the perfect spot roster wise and is more ideal for their spot they’re occupying.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
A few Leafs fans have offered Robertson + Holmberg or Jarnkrok / Liljegren for Colton. I know they aren't Treliving but we seem to make good trading partners and some combination of those assets would be nice. McMann is another guy potentially available.

I think Liljegren would be a great Walker/Byram replacement on the bottom pair who could spot duty up in the lineup, and allow us to keep Malinski as our #7. I'd want us to sign a pretty rough and tumble LHD to partner him with (i.e. Kulikov). But he seems like a guy who would thrive on the Avs.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
JTC sucked partially because he was sitting on the wrong chair and now he's grossly overpaid. I don't miss him one bit.

It's right here
Easier, and cheaper, to replace a Top6 wing than it is a 3C, or possibly even a 4C if some are wanting to trade a 1st for Dowd.

So no, your link still doesn’t make sense

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Easier, and cheaper, to replace a Top6 wing than it is a 3C, or possibly even a 4C if some are wanting to trade a 1st for Dowd.

So no, your link still doesn’t make sense
If the 3C plays his role properly, sure.

Colton is not what the Avs need.

Anyone wanting to trade a 1st for Dowd is truly out of their mind.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I could see the Avs trading Colton but I doubt that Ritchie alone would be the plan. My out there long shot guess would be Toews as 3C for cheap

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Toews and Kane reunion in Denver?

Get Out.gif

It's amazing how little respect I have for those two now.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
If we put the right guys on Ritchie's wings I think he will be fine...at least until the deadline.

Land/Lehky - Ritchie - LOC IMO has very good potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad