Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If we put the right guys on Ritchie's wings I think he will be fine...at least until the deadline.

Land/Lehky - Ritchie - LOC IMO has very good potential.

That's pretty much the only way it could work I'd say.

It'd be a pretty risky gamble. But I guess if they can get legitimately good value from a Colton trade, it might be a worthwhile gamble to make.

I think you'd want a pretty top tier 4C as added insurance for Ritchie as well though.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
That's pretty much the only way it could work I'd say.

It'd be a pretty risky gamble. But I guess if they can get legitimately good value from a Colton trade, it might be a worthwhile gamble to make.

I think you'd want a pretty top tier 4C as added insurance for Ritchie as well though.
I mean I don't think this team is in danger of missing the playoffs with or without a 3C especially with Mittelstadt at 2C. Might as well see what Ritchie can do.

Reactions: LTCPain75

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I mean I don't think this team is in danger of missing the playoffs with or without a 3C especially with Mittelstadt at 2C. Might as well see what Ritchie can do.

Missing the playoffs, no probably not.

But if you've gotta play Mack/Mikko 23+ minutes a night again because you can't trust your 3 and 4Cs, it doesn't matter what they do at the deadline to fix the problem anyways.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Missing the playoffs, no probably not.

But if you've gotta play Mack/Mikko 23+ minutes a night again because you can't trust your 3 and 4Cs, it doesn't matter what they do at the deadline to fix the problem anyways.
We’re already in a better spot with Mittelstadt than last year with or without Colton. He should be counted on to play good minutes.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
They were playing those minutes WITH Colton in the lineup. You move Colton, what exactly are you changing?
Yup, this is my main argument for moving Colton. I don't see him as a player that Bednar will ever trust to play 15+ minutes a night regularly - the only time he did was when he had no other options due to injury. He's a luxury, albeit a very nice one.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
They were playing those minutes WITH Colton in the lineup. You move Colton, what exactly are you changing?
Mack was playing 23+ minutes because Colton was the 2C. Mitts being now the 2C is the big change. His play will decide if Mack plays 23+ or down to a more manageable 20-21 minutes. Moving or keeping Colton won't change things too much in that regard IMO. We will still need a good 3C to contend though but that could always be addressed at the TDL if Ritchie or whoever plays 3C during the season doesn't work out.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I just don’t think we can make Drouin work. It would be amazing if he was willing to take a 1 year $1m deal with the note that we can give him more after this year, but I just don’t see him willing to take that risk on.

I think it becomes increasingly more likely we look to identify another reclamation project or player looking to boost their numbers on a $1m contract.

I really hope the front office can land Kylington for defense. I think his style would fit perfectly with the Avs and I believe his mental health struggles are being more appropriately addressed now. If they are, he’s a player who could easily end up being the steal of Free Agency.

After that I’m hoping they can land Girgenson, while not great on face offs he’s a heart and soul player with size and speed. I think he’d fit like a glove and be able to play spot duty on the third line if needed.

If we could do something like:
Mitts $5.75x5/6
Girgenson $1.3x2/3
Kylington $1x2
Hakanpaa $1x2
Then one of Arvidson, Kapanen, Beauvillier on a $1x1 we could fun lines of:

Lehkonen-MacKinnon-Nichuskin
Landeskog-Mittelstadt-Rantanen
Arvidson-Colton-O’Connor
Wood-Girgenson-Kovalenko
Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Kylington-Hakanpaa

Lots of huge questions, but still a competitive team.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I just don’t think we can make Drouin work.
Drouin is pretty much already signed. He's staying.

His agent said that both the player and the team were interested in each other and when that happens deals happen.

And now Seravalli out of the blue comes out with the story of Colton being on the trade block to make room for Drouin.

They have made their decision.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I just don’t think we can make Drouin work. It would be amazing if he was willing to take a 1 year $1m deal with the note that we can give him more after this year, but I just don’t see him willing to take that risk on.

I think it becomes increasingly more likely we look to identify another reclamation project or player looking to boost their numbers on a $1m contract.

I really hope the front office can land Kylington for defense. I think his style would fit perfectly with the Avs and I believe his mental health struggles are being more appropriately addressed now. If they are, he’s a player who could easily end up being the steal of Free Agency.

After that I’m hoping they can land Girgenson, while not great on face offs he’s a heart and soul player with size and speed. I think he’d fit like a glove and be able to play spot duty on the third line if needed.

If we could do something like:
Mitts $5.75x5/6
Girgenson $1.3x2/3
Kylington $1x2
Hakanpaa $1x2
Then one of Arvidson, Kapanen, Beauvillier on a $1x1 we could fun lines of:

Lehkonen-MacKinnon-Nichuskin
Landeskog-Mittelstadt-Rantanen
Arvidson-Colton-O’Connor
Wood-Girgenson-Kovalenko
Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Kylington-Hakanpaa

Lots of huge questions, but still a competitive team.
Nichushkin is not coming back to this team.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Mitts was the 2C post deadline and Mack's TOI didn't drop.
He was new to the team and Bednar was still testing him. Furthermore Mitts was struggling a bit with the pace Bednar's system required. IMO Bednar will be playing more next season as Mitts' conditioning should be better. and hoprfully, barring injuries, Mitts should have better linemates.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Mittelstadt $6.5m
Drouin $4m
Trenin $2m
JJ $775k

Terminate Nichushkin with $2m cap penalty.

Trade Colton to NJ for package of Bastian + 2nd + prospect.

Roll with the roster below to start the year, which fits under the cap as per AGM linked below (even accounting for a ~$2m cap penalty for Nichushkin as well as Landeskog).

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Drouin
Ritchie - Mittelstadt - Rantanen
Wood - Trenin - O'Connor
Bastian - Pavel - Kovalenko
(Landeskog)

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Behrens - JJ
Malinski

Georgiev
Annunen

Then when Landeskog returns you simply drop him into the lineup where appropriate, and either move Ritchie to 3C and Trenin to 4C, or send Ritchie back to juniors depending on how the first 9 games go.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Mittelstadt $6.5m
Drouin $4m
Trenin $2m
JJ $775k

Terminate Nichushkin with $2m cap penalty.

Trade Colton to NJ for package of Bastian + 2nd + prospect.

Roll with the roster below to start the year, which fits under the cap as per AGM linked below (even accounting for a ~$2m cap penalty for Nichushkin as well as Landeskog).

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Drouin
Ritchie - Mittelstadt - Rantanen
Wood - Trenin - O'Connor
Bastian - Pavel - Kovalenko
(Landeskog)

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Behrens - JJ
Malinski

Georgiev
Annunen

Then when Landeskog returns you simply drop him into the lineup where appropriate, and either move Ritchie to 3C and Trenin to 4C, or send Ritchie back to juniors depending on how the first 9 games go.

That's high IMO for both Mittelstadt and Drouin. I'm also not that inclined to bring Trenin back.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
That's high IMO for both Mittelstadt and Drouin. I'm also not that inclined to bring Trenin back.
Rather be on the high end with estimates.

And what's wrong with Trenin? Seems like exactly the type of defensively strong budget-3C/4C that we'd need if Colton is moved.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Rather be on the high end with estimates.

And what's wrong with Trenin? Seems like exactly the type of defensively strong budget-3C/4C that we'd need if Colton is moved.
I thought Trenin was useless here, and I don't see Bednar playing him on the 3rd line. He trusted Joel Kiviranta more with those minutes than he did Trenin.

Besides, I think some dumb team offers Trenin a contract more than 2.5M AAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad