Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
LOC made that Wood-Colton line so much better than Wood-Ross - [anyone else]. at least to my eye.
I had such hope for that line showing up in the playoffs.
I'm not attached to Ross in anyway, but I'd like to see if that line can build on last year if they all are still here.

LOC is like a guided missile, whereas Wood and Colton are more likely a carpet bomb.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Eller cost a 2nd because CMac (for some unknown/unneeded reason) requested retention.

Colton was our 2C until Mitts got here. He's second to Nate in TOI amongst centers (by a fair amount) at even strength, and 5v5. RyJo had like 5 minutes more on the PP than Ross but other than that Colton was 2C for the regular season.
Any trade will require retention

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Do Pens have a 1st? I’d give them Colton for it. There is a good chance it will be a high pick
uGbVXDJ.png

Reactions: the_fan

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They will be as good or close to it if they get Val and Landy back, or get Landy back and if Nuke is not coming back, replace him with a top 6 winger
Nuke isn’t coming back. And even if he does there’s zero reason to have any faith in him.

Landy coming back could help, but he also hasn’t played in 3 years. Chances are he will be quite a bit off how good he was in 21-22.

Also Mitts is great, but also doesn’t have the talent to play at a 100pt level like Kadri was that year.

The team has the talent to compete for a cup. But this team will never touch that 21-22 level again imo.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Pens own picks #44 and #46 in the upcoming draft

FWIW Sabres and Devils fans seem interested as well. He's probably a good fit there too.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Fwiw if you read other team boards there's quite a bit of interest in Colton. NJD and NYR fans both want him with NYR suggesting Kakko or Kakko+ but I don't see Kakko making sense given we already have plenty of wingers. Vancouver fans also want Colton but they're in typical fashion very dumb and think we'd have to pay an asset to move Colton :laugh:

I guess if they wanted to give the 3C spot to Ritchie you could run:

Kakko - Ritchie - LOC
Wood - ???? - Kovalenko

As your bottom but that's very likely just setting Ritchie uo for failure and I really don't think CMac plans on having Ritchie make the team this year.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm not moving 4M AAV Colton for 2.4M AAV Kakko, that's for damn sure. The savings aren't worth the massive downgrade and losing our center.

If we move Colton either we take no contract back or a good value one.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Fwiw if you read other team boards there's quite a bit of interest in Colton. NJD and NYR fans both want him with NYR suggesting Kakko or Kakko+ but I don't see Kakko making sense given we already have plenty of wingers.
Do we? We have Lehkonen, Rantanen, Nuke and Landeskog under contract for next year (when looking at wingers who will produce). Lehkonen could miss the start of the season, but is back to be fair. Rantanen, can't see him going anywhere. Nuke, we all know he won't be back (I would be shocked). Landeskog, I believe he will play but is he top-6 capable? Better hope we can re-sign Drouin.

And obviously Kakko is a reclamation project at this point if you are looking for a top winger. I would like that reclamation project, but even I can admit that there would have to be more than Kakko coming from NYR to give up Colton.

Reactions: Alienblood

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Fwiw if you read other team boards there's quite a bit of interest in Colton. NJD and NYR fans both want him with NYR suggesting Kakko or Kakko+ but I don't see Kakko making sense given we already have plenty of wingers. Vancouver fans also want Colton but they're in typical fashion very dumb and think we'd have to pay an asset to move Colton :laugh:

I guess if they wanted to give the 3C spot to Ritchie you could run:

Kakko - Ritchie - LOC
Wood - ???? - Kovalenko

As your bottom but that's very likely just setting Ritchie uo for failure and I really don't think CMac plans on having Ritchie make the team this year.
That would be just cruel to do to LOC.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I’d take two seconds for him personally.

If I’m being crazy I’d do something like

To Col:
2024 second x2

To Pitt:
Colton

To Tampa
Wood
2024 first
2024 second x2

To Colorado
Cirelli

Tampa clears out $3.75 in cap and gets paid well for Cirelli. The Avs get a defensively elite 3C. Overall the Avs clear up $250k. We could then conceivably run:

Lehkonen-MacK-Nichuskin
Landeskog-Mitts-Rantanen
LOC-Cirelli-Kovalenko
League Min 4th line

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
LHD-Malinski

LHD makes $1.25-1.5m

Still have some wiggle room too.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd move Wood straight up for Kakko though. Similar cap hit but one is signed for 5 more years and the other only 1 year.

Reactions: Perratrooper

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Nuke isn’t coming back. And even if he does there’s zero reason to have any faith in him.

Landy coming back could help, but he also hasn’t played in 3 years. Chances are he will be quite a bit off how good he was in 21-22.

Also Mitts is great, but also doesn’t have the talent to play at a 100pt level like Kadri was that year.

The team has the talent to compete for a cup. But this team will never touch that 21-22 level again imo.
22 team was special for sure, but even if the Avs will not get to that level again, there is still a chance we can get closer to that team and have a deep playoff run even if we win the cup but don’t go 16-4.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Do we? We have Lehkonen, Rantanen, Nuke and Landeskog under contract for next year (when looking at wingers who will produce). Lehkonen could miss the start of the season, but is back to be fair. Rantanen, can't see him going anywhere. Nuke, we all know he won't be back (I would be shocked). Landeskog, I believe he will play but is he top-6 capable? Better hope we can re-sign Drouin.

And obviously Kakko is a reclamation project at this point if you are looking for a top winger. I would like that reclamation project, but even I can admit that there would have to be more than Kakko coming from NYR to give up Colton.

We have 7 wingers signed already and only 8 roster spots. We definitely do not need to trade for another winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad