Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] D Jack Johnson signs with the Blue Jackets (1 year, $775k)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
He lives here year round. He literally had his Cup day here. He’s a fantastic teammate and by all accounts a great guy. I want that in a locker room of kids. Plus this is dead cheap with no risk. If it doesn’t work, you waive him and lose no sleep. I like this one.
I'll be able to get over this once the actual intended defensive defenseman shows up, or after I've slept on it for about a week. At the moment though I'm still in the "where is the rest of the plan and why is every intermediate step about busily and dilligently not doing the one basic achievable thing that should have been getting done all along" phase.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I'll be able to get over this once the actual intended defensive defenseman shows up, or after I've slept on it for about a week. At the moment though I'm still in the "where is the rest of the plan and why is every intermediate step about busily and dilligently not doing the one basic achievable thing that should have been getting done all along" phase.
I cannot fathom caring enough to be upset about a 775k league minimum signing for a 7D.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
He lives here year round. He literally had his Cup day here. He’s a fantastic teammate and by all accounts a great guy. I want that in a locker room of kids. Plus this is dead cheap with no risk. If it doesn’t work, you waive him and lose no sleep. I like this one.
Just seems like a 7D which is fine if that's what he is also people won't complain about burning money in the press box like if Boqvist was sitting up there at 2.6mil. Just feels like still cooking for an LHD3 through trade.

Still my first reaction was to check to see if it was a troll post that's how off guard I was for this signing

Reactions: squashmaple

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
JMFJ is fine in a 6/7 role. Can still skate well for his age and is tremendous in the locker room.

You could do worse.
I don't have any doubts of his locker room character and for the price it's not the worst thing by far...

Just not who we had in mind for a veteran defenseman this off-season while having so much cap lol

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Just seems like a 7D which is fine if that's what he is also people won't complain about burning money in the press box like if Boqvist was sitting up there at 2.6mil. Just feels like still cooking for an LHD3 through trade.

Still my first reaction was to check to see if it was a troll post that's how off guard I was for this signing
I want Mateychuk and Jiricek sitting next to this guy on every plane ride this season.

Reactions: Indy18

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I cannot fathom caring enough to be upset about a 775k league minimum signing for a 7D.
It's less about the signing itself and more about my extreme and growing lack of faith in Waddell by proxy. I'd be spending more time kvetching about him except that if I did so I would be becoming exactly what I hate so instead I'm trying to channel it into roleplaying being a drama queen.

The secret is that it's not entirely a matter of roleplay. :scared:

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
It's less about the signing itself and more about my extreme and growing lack of faith in Waddell by proxy. I'd be spending more time kvetching about him except that if I did so I would be becoming exactly what I hate so instead I'm trying to channel it into roleplaying being a drama queen.

The secret is that it's not entirely a matter of roleplay. :scared:
Viqsi?

Go touch some grass.

Reactions: Fro

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If he was more than fine as a 6/7 for the Stanley Cup winning Avs, and his play hasn't really changed all that much since, he'll be fine for the Jackets lol.

Now this could very well be his final season in the league since father time is undefeated but for league min this is no big deal.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Since the 2005-2006 only 10 NHL defensemen have played more regular season minutes than Stanley Cup Champion Jack Johnson. Who are they?

Last edited:

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
GPGAP+/-ATOI5v5 SV%
17962329+3016:0393.6%

JJ was great Colorado. Awesome teammate, super durable, and rock solid on the ice.

Obviously he was playing a smaller role than earlier in his career, but he provided exactly what the Avalanche needed as a #6.

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
Can’t believe the Pens are still paying this guy for 2 more years .. f you GMJR you friggen jagoff

Side note, JJ is a really cool guy, just wasn’t worth the contract he got from the pens

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
GPGAP+/-ATOI5v5 SV%
17962329+3016:0393.6%

JJ was great Colorado. Awesome teammate, super durable, and rock solid on the ice.

Obviously he was playing a smaller role than earlier in his career, but he provided exactly what the Avalanche needed as a #6.
Columbus doesn’t even need that from him. As long as he can be great in the room and occasionally play and not embarrass himself on the ice, this is a great signing. No risk, all reward.

Reactions: Fro and shadow1

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Poor guy.

image.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad