Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
1719598810691.png

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Calgary -- or anyone else -- doesn't take Nuke unless the Avs throw in a major sweetener. Like this year's 1st rounder. Maybe you get them to throw a later round back the other way but GMs know the Avs have a cap nightmare and are only going to 'help' if they get something extra back.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
8x$8M is pretty solid for Guentzel. Term is rough but $8M for what he brings now is good.

If he goes to market I wonder if he ends up getting $9-10M from Vancouver. Sounds like he won't be going to market though.

Avs need to be all over Marino. If there's interest in Manson this should be the play. Especially if NJD sounds like they're basically just trying to dump Marino.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
This is worded quite differently.
I think the "will test free agency" is closer to the original quote, because I saw another Canucks reporter also post it.

But if he's testing free agency, very much unlikely he would then sign for the Canucks I think. They have made their best offer, and clearly it was not good enough.

LeBrun on the Athletic:

6x7p6eh11d9d1.jpeg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think the "will test free agency" is closer to the original quote, because I saw another Canucks reporter also post it.

But if he's testing free agency, very much unlikely he would then sign for the Canucks I think. They have made their best offer, and clearly it was not good enough.

LeBrun on the Athletic:

View attachment 888660
This is what the Avs should be trying to do with Drouin.

Think you can get 4x$4M on the open market? OK, we'll give you 8x$2.5M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay