Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
A four team trade? That’s hockey erotica fiction right there.
OK, let’s get a little centered here.

Depending on clothing, and it is very hot out, this is bordering on orgy territory.

All kinds of rules and regulations regarding tampering, permissions, safe words, etc. Protection, honesty and trust is paramount. It’s good fun, but not without its stresses.

An unrestricted free agent in hockey is one thing. But at an orgy, you best watch your back son. It doesn’t mean what you think it does.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
"The Leafs are not in the mix for Ullmark, though, as Toronto is on his no-trade list. Ottawa is also believed to be on his list, but two separate sources have told me he would accept a trade to the Senators if a deal between the two teams is finalized."

I mean, he had 9 goals in 8 playoff games on the shit. Guy could be Tony Montana for all I care!
With what he was possibly on the entire time I am not surprised if he scored in bunches for both teams on the ice.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think the reality of today is if you want to sign a UFA there is going to be some form of NTC/NMC involved. Guys don't want to get signed to get moved because a younger player is taking there spot or a GM has mismanaged the salary cap..

I agree with certain players especially top 6/top4 and top goalies. However Linus had a career high of 34 starts before coming here. In no way should he have been given a NMC.

I don’t blame him for a second for accepting it. Why would anyone blame him for that. Just a bad move by management.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I am all for nichushkin reclamation project. I’m just in the camp that I think he will be bought out.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice……

He left his teammates high and dry in middle of playoff run two years in a row. That’s extraordinary.

That said, he’s a talent, so you never know. If he finds a way back he’s probably looking at League minimum and getting tested every day of the week and twice on PO game days.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He would kill his next deal if he only plays in 20 games next year. They are not going to pay Sway all that money to split games with Linus, one would think long term money wise its best he waives.
. It's crazy to say that Linus Ullmark has great value and can get back 12th ov and a good player or prospect NOW, but boy a year from now when he plays 30 games teams would be like "Who was that G that won the Vezina on Boston a couple years ago???? Can't remember his name..."

I pointed to a couple of examples like Husso and Darling who had 1/10 of the resume of Ullmark and got huge pay raises in UFA based on a small number of starts.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I'm all in on getting 25 OA + Chychrun from the Sens. Ullmark is willing to waive and the Sens desperately need goaltending. Would give us arguably the best defensive group in the entire league plus a pick to either draft a kid with or flip for roster help.

Lindholm-Mac
Chychrun-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke

Inject it into my f***ing veins, Donny

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Chychrun -- McAvoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Lohrei -- Peeke

Wotherspoon -- Regula

That's as deep a defensive core 1-8 as there is in the league. Our 7 and 8th could probably find a starter bottom pairing role on at least 10 teams in the league.

I wanted Chychrun over McAvoy on draft day and seeing the Bruins potentially picking him up this summer is mighty interesting to me personally.
I understand some folks have concerns that the top 4 you listed will take up too much cap space. I’d be happy if the Bruins sacrificed cap space elsewhere to put that group on the ice.

Likely the best Bruins defense in many years. And with Swayman in net they will keep the Bruins near the top of the NHL.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I understand some folks have concerns that the top 4 you listed will take up too much cap space. I’d be happy if the Bruins sacrificed cap space elsewhere to put that group on the ice.

Likely the best Bruins defense in many years. And with Swayman in net they will keep the Bruins near the top of the NHL.
Play to your strengths, the D and goaltending are outstanding. If you can make it stronger do so. Add Lindholm/Stephenson, Perron/Joshua and Duhaime/Maroon and you don't need to score 300 goals a season.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I agree with certain players especially top 6/top4 and top goalies. However Linus had a career high of 34 starts before coming here. In no way should he have been given a NMC.

I don’t blame him for a second for accepting it. Why would anyone blame him for that. Just a bad move by management.
This is just silly. Free agents making $5M+ per year ALL get trade protection. The only way to do what you’re saying is not to sign him. Do you think it was a bad move to sign him just because he has trade protection?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
This is just silly. Free agents making $5M+ per year ALL get trade protection. The only way to do what you’re saying is not to sign him. Do you think it was a bad move to sign him just because he has trade protection?

Show me a list of goalies that got trade protections with equal or lower career high in starts of 34.

Reactions: Gordoff

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Yesterday was fun with all the moves and "leaks". NHL must have clamped down because today is booooorrriiinnggg. These finals are dragging. Games are great but the delay before game 1 has made this drag on to long.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Show me a list of goalies that got trade protections with equal or lower career high in starts of 34.
Why the qualifier? It’s the money silly.

Again, what you’re saying is we shouldn’t have signed a goalie with as few starts as he had to his deal. Except…it’s been an absolute grand slam of a signing. How it gets invalidated by something everyone gets is so UncleRico it hurts.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Why the qualifier? It’s the money silly.

Again, what you’re saying is we shouldn’t have signed a goalie with as few starts as he had to his deal. Except…it’s been an absolute grand slam of a signing. How it gets invalidated by something everyone gets is so UncleRico it hurts.

No that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying we should have signed him without the NMC.

Alright well then show me a list of goalies who got $5m+ with 34 or less career starts as a career high.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
No that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying we should have signed him without the NMC.

Alright well then show me a list of goalies who got $5m+ with 34 or less career starts as a career high.
He should have simply signed him without the NTC. Oh ok. Why didn’t Sweeney think of that?

I’m not doing your work for you on a stat that is completely irrelevant.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
He should have simply signed him without the NTC. Oh ok. Why didn’t Sweeney think of that?

I’m not doing your work for you on a stat that is completely irrelevant.

Ahh it wasn’t irrelevant when you felt the need to initially respond. It just became irrelevant when you realized you had nothing to back up your claim with.

It was extremely unprecedented to give a goalie with his resume $5m a year and a NMC.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad