Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What I find interesting is the "mutual interest" part. How can there be mutual interest if teams can't start talking to UFA's until July 1st? How does Toronto know DeBrusk is interested in playing there?

Agents and players can talk to media, as may GM scouts. So both are trying to make it look like there are a lot of teams who want them at this point. I assume Debrusk is still trying to get signed in Boston so he wants to show that there are other teams out there that he is interested in and want him. Especially a team like toronto as I am sure the bruins wouldn't be happy with him there.

Reactions: BMC

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Honestly I kinda don't care either way if Debrusk comes back. If he does, cool. If he leaves fine (as long as they find a suitable replacement)

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I really see Linus holding firm and coming back for his final year. I like the guy and understand but maybe Donny learned a lesson about NTC
He would kill his next deal if he only plays in 20 games next year. They are not going to pay Sway all that money to split games with Linus, one would think long term money wise its best he waives.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Agents and players can talk to media, as may GM scouts. So both are trying to make it look like there are a lot of teams who want them at this point. I assume Debrusk is still trying to get signed in Boston so he wants to show that there are other teams out there that he is interested in and want him. Especially a team like toronto as I am sure the bruins wouldn't be happy with him there.
My take on that is that if you are willing to walk away from a player, you shouldn't care where he goes .
You think he is either too expensive or not good enough, let him go to a rival.

Reactions: lopey

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I really see Linus holding firm and coming back for his final year. I like the guy and understand but maybe Donny learned a lesson about NTC
I think the reality of today is if you want to sign a UFA there is going to be some form of NTC/NMC involved. Guys don't want to get signed to get moved because a younger player is taking there spot or a GM has mismanaged the salary cap..

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think the reality of today is if you want to sign a UFA there is going to be some form of NTC/NMC involved. Guys don't want to get signed to get moved because a younger player is taking there spot or a GM has mismanaged the salary cap..

Yes that is correct. 25% of the players in the league have trade protections. if you factor in those over 27 (the only ones eligible) that number gets closer to 35-40%.

What I was too bored to do the work on numbers for the percentage of players top 6/top4 over 27 who have them, and I would suspect you are getting closer to 90% of the players. No one of actual value, is going to sign a FA contract here this summer, and not get significant NMC/NTC

Reactions: BMC

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Pagnotta just reported that he's heard from multiple people that Ullmark is willing to waive for Ottawa if a deal gets done.
I'm sure he loves Boston but it's in his best interest for his career to waive. Ottawa isn't a total dumpster fire of an organization anymore. They are turning it around and have good young players. Plus he can get 1 more big contract there and then retire back to Sweden if desired.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I'm sure he loves Boston but it's in his best interest for his career to waive. Ottawa isn't a total dumpster fire of an organization anymore. They are turning it around and have good young players. Plus he can get 1 more big contract there and then retire back to Sweden if desired.
I assume him waiving would be contingent on the Sens extending him long term, cause I doubt he wants to go into a contract year playing on the Sens instead of the Bruins.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Just like the shit kicking I took with this one, and then when it happened, silence.

Some people just don't get how it works and I am tired of it. I'm going on 63, not in the best health and should probably enjoy my time rather then dealing with it
Don’t sweat the keyboard warriors, Dom. Ignore button is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad