Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Good place to smoke joints and drink beers.

The world is getting better at hockey. Also the bruins don’t get the good picks to draft the elite Canadians. Seems they have to search the darkest corners of the globe to find a super star :p
Thomas & Johnston two Canadians Sween Dawg passed on

Let’s get back to Canadian centers Donny

Ty Iginla screams Bruins

Kid already lived in Brookline/Newton so we get him he will never went to leave

Donny we need to tie the Celtics in parades this century!!!!! Let’s go

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Thomas & Johnston two Canadians Sween Dawg passed on

Let’s get back to Canadian centers Donny

Ty Iginla screams Bruins

Kid already lived in Brookline/Newton so we get him he will never went to leave

Donny we need to tie the Celtics in parades this century!!!!! Let’s go
If the bruins find a way to draft iginlas kid I’ll be over the moon.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I just sat in my favorite recliner closed my eyes stilled my mind and tried to imagine Jake DeBrusk in a Leafs jersey

I can’t do this

This can not be legit
They are apparently trying to extend Marner. Unless the Leafs set their sights on DeBrusk instead of Bertuzzi and Domi, I don't know how they plan to improve their defense and goaltending, not that I'm complaining. :naughty:

If DeBrusk thought he may have it bad in Boston with the media and fan reactions to his inconsistent play, that will be magnified tenfold in Toronto. I don't see it, but who knows.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Just like the shit kicking I took with this one, and then when it happened, silence.

Some people just don't get how it works and I am tired of it. I'm going on 63, not in the best health and should probably enjoy my time rather then dealing with it

Its funny as I writing my post before I thought about this exact tweet you had. At the end of the day I hope you know how much what you bring to the forum is appreciated. Between sharing info you get from folks you know inside the NHL, to the work you do to help us better understand the cap. I know I've personally learned a lot from being able to chat with you.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Maple Leafs Have ‘Mutual Interest’ With Bruins’ $8 Million Forward: Report,​

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
DeBrusk on the Leafs? "mutual interest"?? It feels so wrong, but I will just say if DeBrusk is interested in being on the Leafs that tells me we are better off not having him as a Bruin.

All this Philly Ottawa talk is making my head spin. When all is said and done if anything does happen I wouldn't be upset if somehow we ended up with Pinto.

Also love the idea of flipping Chychrun for Necas that was mentioned earlier. That's a crazy idea but a good one.

just get SOMETHING done.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Can anyone else see Gryz end up on San Jose? Maybe he hopes he can rebuild is value on a bad team and get traded to a contender depending on the contract he signs.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Can anyone else see Gryz end up on San Jose? Maybe he hopes he can rebuild is value on a bad team and get traded to a contender depending on the contract he signs.
It would be funny if St. Louis buys out Krug and then signs Gryz.

Gryz will find a spot somewhere. Lots of teams like having that speedy puck mover idea on their rosters. San Jose would definitely have him. Question is what his price will be. Likely not high.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Vlasic, Ferraro, Rutta, Thrun all on the left side waiver eligible. They could possibly waive Vlasic or Rutta I suppose. It's possible but I don't think he'd be any sort of high priority for them.

EDIT: Actually Thrun has 1 more year of waiver exemption, so I guess it could be something they'd do.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Is Toronto using a different salary cap than the rest of the league, or do GM's just become stupid as soon as they get hired there?

46 million on 4 forwards next year.

Marner will probably get 11/12 on his extension, so the year after (When Tavares 10 million goes away) they'll still have 36 tied up on 3 forwards.

Jake will make 6 minimum, so that's 42 on 4 forwards and their entire defense sucks, including Rielly, the most overrated player in the NHL.. So, they'll also need at least 2 legit defensemen and a couple of forwards.

They'll never win.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I just sat in my favorite recliner closed my eyes stilled my mind and tried to imagine Jake DeBrusk in a Leafs jersey

I can’t do this

This can not be legit
Kid doesn't like pressure or the media. No way he goes to Toronto. He either goes to Edmonton or Calgary, where there is pressure but he is home, or Utah, San Jose, Nashville. He would be a good fit in Nashville although I am sure they are looking for more consistent scoring.

Reactions: BMC and Bodit9

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I guess Pinto is asking for 5+ over 5/6 years.

If they see him as a 3C and can't get a bridge deal done then it's pretty pricey for someone who they see in their bottom six considering the rest of the holes on their roster

They obviously have Stutzle as the 1C, Norris(when healthy) as the 2C, Greig 3C...

I don't think it's outrageous for them to think Laughton and/or Geekie back at 3 million who averaged about 40 points can fill the void

Better cap management. Ottawa has gotten burned by giving out these long term contracts to young players who end up not meeting expectations

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
I guess Pinto is asking for 5+ over 5/6 years.

If they see him as a 3C and can't get a bridge deal done then it's pretty pricey for someone who they see in their bottom six considering the rest of the holes on their roster

They obviously have Stutzle as the 1C, Norris(when healthy) as the 2C, Greig 3C...

I don't think it's outrageous for them to think Laughton and/or Geekie back at 3 million who averaged about 40 points can fill the void

Better cap management. Ottawa has gotten burned by giving out these long term contracts to young players who end up not meeting expectations
Pinto is and will be cheaper than Norris. Maybe Norris is the odd man out. 7.95 million for the next 6 years,
Ullmark plus Bruins roster player would be close to that Salary.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
DeBrusk on the Leafs? "mutual interest"?? It feels so wrong, but I will just say if DeBrusk is interested in being on the Leafs that tells me we are better off not having him as a Bruin.

All this Philly Ottawa talk is making my head spin. When all is said and done if anything does happen I wouldn't be upset if somehow we ended up with Pinto.

Also love the idea of flipping Chychrun for Necas that was mentioned earlier. That's a crazy idea but a good one.

just get SOMETHING done.

What I find interesting is the "mutual interest" part. How can there be mutual interest if teams can't start talking to UFA's until July 1st? How does Toronto know DeBrusk is interested in playing there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad