Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I'm going to feel very conflicted next year when we play Ottawa and it's Sway vs Linus lol

No more goalie hug :(
Wait until we play them in the playoffs.....

Salary question.... probably Dom territory...

If Ottawa retains, to pick a random number 50 percent, can we buy out kopisalo, and how does that work with buying out a player on retention?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Bertuzzi disappeared for almost 3 months last year and survived.
4F63432C-B360-479E-A3DF-1B8BE5EDCB86.gif

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I think you're underselling Ekholm, after McDavid he's the MVP and he's nasty, laying people out, if a Panther does anything he's in their face, and nothing Florida does to him throws him off. That's what I want for the Bruins. McAvoy and Carlo are tough in their own way but they're not that guy.

Chychrun at least makes them better but it's fair to ask if it changes what Florida was able to do to them. It will help by balancing the pairs out, but I would feel better with a Zadorov or Dillon in the mix. They can't match up with Florida's physicality up front but it can be done on the back end.
I just got done talking about him. He made the difference. Great trade for them. I wanted him.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Screw Staios, he gets paid for that. The pressure is absolutely killing me, and no one is willing to give me a dime! It’s really unfair if you ask me.

Dom’s posts have me hitting refresh so often I am getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and may have to be LTIR’d. :laugh:

And by the way, even if things fall through, this HF Sponsorship is worth every single penny!
Trade you. I've recharged my phone 3 times today.

There is no pressure on Staios. He and Andlauer go back. Staios is patient, knows how to build a winner and does very well in trade negotiations. I kind of hoped he would join the Bruins organization but when Andlauer bought the Sens, everyone knew Staios would be joining him there.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I don't see the point of a one for one trade for Chychrun, Especially how thin we are at the forward position. So common sense would be Donny is looking and listening to other opportunities hence the silence all of a sudden?

My view of course
I’m shitty at this stuff.

What I think:
B’s need help at C.
B’s would benefit from an offensive Dman assuming Lohrei is not fully ready for prime time (I’m high on him, but no need to rush him).
B’s need to restock draft picks.
B’s are wise to try and move Linus as Swayman is the guy. Linus is a valuable asset and $5M out is $5M that can be used for above.
Linus has a NTC and is clearly looking for an extension which is always complex even without added challenge of managing a trade.
Appears at very least one team has real interest in Linus (keep in mind location and extension complexity)
Bruins have good Cap room to sign FA’s beginning July 1 - but so do a fair amount of teams.
Money teams could use for Linus extension will start to be spent on July 1.
Draft is in 6 days.
Looks like a decent likelihood that JDB doesn’t re-up with Boston meaning we will be less potent on O prior to any trades/FA adds.
I expect we’d all be disappointed, but if we go into season with best goalie tandem in League for another year there are worse things.
If so, we could always flip Linus at TDL but NTC still an issue (less one team)
If we keep Linus and cannot trade him at TDL, strong likelihood he walks for nothing.

Bottom line is I cannot even begin to imagine the complexities involved in all of this. Donny is clearly working hard and on paper has a fairly large opportunity to try to do something interesting.

That said I have no idea what will happen. Much less try to figure out what is fair/best return for Linus if trade can be managed considering all of above.

It’s why I am grateful Dom and others are giving some insight into some of what is going on/might be being discussed but in all fairness cannot ask anyone to give me an ironclad prediction — despite how much we would all love that.

What I know:
This isn’t armchair GM stuff where we on HF can throw shit together using CapGeek and figure out all the angles. It’s got to be INTENSE.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Screw Staios, he gets paid for that. The pressure is absolutely killing me, and no one is willing to give me a dime! It’s really unfair if you ask me.

Dom’s posts have me hitting refresh so often I am getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and may have to be LTIR’d. :laugh:

And by the way, even if things fall through, this HF Sponsorship is worth every single penny!
Sponsorship + dark mode on a mobile device is great. Just my preference.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Trade you. I've recharged my phone 3 times today.

There is no pressure on Staios. He and Andlauer go back. Staios is patient, knows how to build a winner and does very well in trade negotiations. I kind of hoped he would join the Bruins organization but when Andlauer bought the Sens, everyone knew Staios would be joining him there.
@Dom you know I appreciate all you are doing. But don’t you dare try to tell me this is more stressful for you. This is killing me, man. Show some compassion damn it.:laugh:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

With the NHL Draft set to begin this Friday, followed by the July 1st free agent frenzy, NHL rumours are very much in season. It's also the season for weddings and engagements across the NHL.

Ottawa Senators defenceman Jakob Chychrun found himself fully immersed in both seasons this week.

Chychrun's hockey future remained a hot topic of discussion across the league this week, connected to trade rumours out of Philadelphia and Boston. The 26-year-old is entering the final year of his contract, and at the team's year-end media availability, Chychrun expressed uncertainty when asked if he saw himself playing here for the next few years.

"It's a tough question," Chychrun told the media. "I mean, I don't know. I honestly have not thought about that. I know I have one more year left, and like I said, there haven't even been talks of an extension or anything. So I haven't really gotten my head wrapped around that idea."

Reading the tea leaves, Chychrun's assertion that he hadn't thought about things after next season made it sound like either he or the team may be having doubts about an extension and a long-term relationship.

But on the homefront, there were no such doubts this week when Chychrun took a knee to propose to his girlfriend, Olivia. Chychrun had given plenty of thought to a long-term deal in that relationship.

Chychrun posted photos of the moment on his Instagram page, and it appears that he invited both families to surprise Olivia and congratulate the happy couple right after the proposal's acceptance.

With Chychrun's personal life moving forward, the focus will quickly shift back to his professional life for the next few weeks. Will he and the Senators find common ground and eventually talk about an extension this summer? Or, as the current rumours seem to indicate, are they headed for a parting of the ways?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

I'm willing to give you a dime!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad