Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
With the extension talk around Ullmark and the deal with Ottawa - any thoughts on working a Chychrun extension too or will he be 1. a rental, 2. flipped, or 3. a "let's get to know each other first" relationship?
I imagine it’d be a lot like the Lindholm situation. Get ink to paper quick.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
With the extension talk around Ullmark and the deal with Ottawa - any thoughts on working a Chychrun extension too or will he be 1. a rental, 2. flipped, or 3. a "let's get to know each other first" relationship?
Bruins don't want Chychrun if they feel they can't extend him or if they have no intention of extending him. Not how Sweeney operates.

I've been told Boston is one of his preferred destinations and he would be open to signing an extension as soon as possible.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Sure would like this to wrap up on Monday

Sweeney and the Bs front office- as usual- is a vault where nothing seeps out and which leads to all sorts of speculation. Glad we have one source that provides insight based on real information and not guesswork

Reactions: TCB

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasternak
Marchand-Poitras-Stamkos
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Duhaime-Beecher-Brazeau
Maroon

Dillon-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Ullmark for the highest pick possible
This is a really solid line-up. I had something similar before the Ottawa rumors. Could maybe see Poitras and Coyle switching to start the year but would love to see him grab a top six spot

If the Chychrun rumors are true, it's probably going to cut more into their cap space. Stammer might be a little much with Lindholm and Swayman extensions.

There was some talk about him earlier in the summer but Marchessault is starting to make more sense. He could actually play the bumper on the PP and Lindholm played some net-front in Vancouver. You could do PP1 as

Chychrun
Marchand Marchessault Pastrnak
Lindholm

If they really end up letting Debrusk walk, you would have to think its for a better winger...with Stammer playing the same side as Pasta, it might be a better fit.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If Chychrun comes to Boston... do we roll with one of Chychrun, Hampus, and Lohrei on the 3rd pair or do we see another move....

For this season you let Lohrei play 3rd pairing as he gets a full NHL season under his belt. If Lindholm or Chyhrun were to go down, boom, Lohrei slides up.

Sweeney loves have a deep defensive group and having a left side of Lindholm, Chychrun, Lohrei is pretty deep. I believe Chychrun can also play RD, so in the event that Carlo or McAcoy go down, Chychrun could slide over and Lohrei slide up

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasternak
Marchand-Poitras-Stamkos
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Duhaime-Beecher-Brazeau
Maroon

Dillon-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Ullmark for the highest pick possible

Really like it.

My heart tells me TB doesn’t let Stamkos leave, but they don’t have a ton of space and are kind of at a crossroads between giving it another try for a cup and re-tooling on the fly.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Really like it.

My heart tells me TB doesn’t let Stamkos leave, but they don’t have a ton of space and are kind of at a crossroads between giving it another try for a cup and re-tooling on the fly.
I think he waits until the dust settles and see what Tampa has left for cash and then makes it work.

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Why would Lindholm choose to waive his NMC? And if we don't think he is worthy of being the #2, why do you think teams would want to give us a good forward for him?
Why would you trade him at this time anyways, defenseman is so important to winning and that is a terrific D. I would hold off on trading a defenseman at this time only trade one when the time is right, this is not the time.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
As much as I've come around to Chyrchrun, they should do everything they can to get #7 and flip it for Rutger McGroarty

Whatever it is that kid just has "it"

I get it's probably a slim chance but if there is ever a time to get the next young power forward this sure seems like the chance

Is it crazy to consider adding Korpisalo (maybe 25-50% retained) and hope he gets picked up through waivers...worst case you buy him out

I would say it would be crazy to take Korpisalo

In terms of McGroaty. My understanding is that the big split with him and Winnipeg was because the Jets refused to guarantee him a NHL lineup spot this year. Winnipeg wanted him in the AHL, and supposedly his advisors feel Winnipeg has been slow to develop players. I don't see where Boston would be a fit for him, as he would certainly start his career in the AHL,

Carvelville

Jun 22, 2024
Boston, MA
midnightridenil.com
I would say it would be crazy to take Korpisalo

In terms of McGroaty. My understanding is that the big split with him and Winnipeg was because the Jets refused to guarantee him a NHL lineup spot this year. Winnipeg wanted him in the AHL, and supposedly his advisors feel Winnipeg has been slow to develop players. I don't see where Boston would be a fit for him, as he would certainly start his career in the AHL,
Fantasy world but I’d take Korpisalo back if it got Brady Tkachuk. You’d bet on Korpisalo being decent as the back up. Hope you can dump him the following year if he has a good 24-25 season.

Reactions: Gordoff

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Ullmark is a hell of an asset and we despaRATELY need a Centerman we can count on in the playoffs.

Chychrun isn't that and I see Lohrei as a quick learner and filling a PP slot effectively going forward.

So hoping this isn't an Ottawa deal, but out west either Vegas or Avs with a centerman coming back.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not even close

Maybe you should look at a list of FA's

It is a pretty solid FA class for wingers so I understand the sentiment. But in the grand scheme of things he’s definitely in the top 1/4 of all free agent forwards.

However I do think hes just outside the tier A free agents probably the group B, if we were to rank them in tiers

Last edited:
Reactions: JOKER 192

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Ullmark is a hell of an asset and we despaRATELY need a Centerman we can count on in the playoffs.

Chychrun isn't that and I see Lohrei as a quick learner and filling a PP slot effectively going forward.

So hoping this isn't an Ottawa deal, but out west either Vegas or Avs with a centerman coming back.

While I would be thrilled if the Bruins acquired a skilled playmaking center via trade, the Bruins also lack a shooting threat from the backend. The PP fell flat when the Bruins needed it the most. Lohrei definitely shows promise but I wonder if Boston sees him as an immediate solution.

Chychrun has his warts but a player of his profile could fit Monty’s system extremely well. Play him next to Carlo and let him act as the 4th forward and additional shot threat. The Bruins need offense…including from the backend

Having Lohrei in the 3rd pair - and on his ELC - is a really nice luxury to have.

bruwinz73

Jan 16, 2021
I don't see how it's anything like an offer sheet. Ottawa wouldn't be able to negotiate with Ullmark unless the Bruins and Ullmark were ok with it.
I would tend to agree. The framework of a deal would need to be in place before they can talk extension. Meaning if they agree on a return for a signed Ullmark then they negotiate the extension.

Reactions: ylekot

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Bruins don't want Chychrun if they feel they can't extend him or if they have no intention of extending him. Not how Sweeney operates.

I've been told Boston is one of his preferred destinations and he would be open to signing an extension as soon as possible.
Hey Dom , any idea on the extension if there was one? Not sure they could do much past 6mil.per. what's your thoughts on this?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Ehh I’m not sure what center we could really get for Ullmark.

The general market for goalies was already set by the Markstrom deal. It looks like bruins will get a slightly better deal than in the markstrom one, but Ullmark is 3 years younger so it makes sense.

I don’t want to say it’s out of Sweeneys hands bc obviously he’s GM and decides on his end if he wants to make the deal. But the market is pretty much set.

Personally I would rather pinto over Chychrun if it’s even possible. Chychrun did play a full season last year but his injury history scares me on a long term deal.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
While I would be thrilled if the Bruins acquired a skilled playmaking center via trade, the Bruins also lack a shooting threat from the backend. The PP fell flat when the Bruins needed it the most. Lohrei definitely shows promise but I wonder if Boston sees him as an immediate solution.

Chychrun has his warts but a player of his profile could fit Monty’s system extremely well. Play him next to Carlo and let him act as the 4th forward and additional shot threat. The Bruins need offense…including from the backend

Having Lohrei in the 3rd pair - and on his ELC - is a really nice luxury to have.
Not sure if you are pining the blame on McAvoy for the Bruins falling "flat" on the PP But if you are I think you would be incorrect.

Pasta blew chunks on the pp, when he did get his chances he wasn't finding the back of the net.

I mentioned "when he did get his chances" because he was shut down due to the lack of threats from the other forwards on the ice.

Chychrun or Lohrei are not going to make any difference if we don't change the PP structure or bring in a guy that will take the pressure of Pasta on the PP.

McAvoy is not getting paid what his is to sit on the bench on the Power Play.

Now if we want to sit McAvoy on the PK Im all for it.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

Thank goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad