Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Hey Dom , any idea on the extension if there was one? Not sure they could do much past 6mil.per. what's your thoughts on this?

As my tweet says, and I posted here, word I got was he is looking for 5 years, $35 million or a $7 million cap hit.

I don't see how it's anything like an offer sheet. Ottawa wouldn't be able to negotiate with Ullmark unless the Bruins and Ullmark were ok with it.

Not to mention the fact that his reply has absolutely nothing to do with my tweet that he quoted :laugh:

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
If we get our original 1st back from Ott and not 7OA , I will build Don a shrine if he somehow grabs a 2nd too, drops his nuts on the table, and offer-sheets Necas 😂

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
As my tweet says, and I posted here, word I got was he is looking for 5 years, $35 million or a $7 million cap hit.

Not to mention the fact that his reply has absolutely nothing to do with my tweet that he quoted :laugh:
What does a Chychrun extension look like?

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
So KDP putting out there

Flyers pick 31OA (from Florida) for Ullmark

Simple 31 for Ullmark
That sucks but more realistic, keep the cash Donny

If this is indeed the case you know Donny has plans for the Linus savings.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So KDP putting out there

Flyers pick 31OA (from Florida) for Ullmark

Simple 31 for Ullmark

Shows KDP has not connections. Unless the Senator scenario is them trying to Force Korpisov on Boston, then Ottawa is almost certainly offering a lot more even if the return was 25 and a B prospect

Reactions: bbfan419 and DKH

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Shows KDP has not connections. Unless the Senator scenario is them trying to Force Korpisov on Boston, then Ottawa is almost certainly offering a lot more even if the return was 25 and a B prospect
philly also isn't looking for a goalie (even though they should be). they paid the giant russian kid a lot of money and they like ersson as well.

go sens go.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
philly also isn't looking for a goalie (even though they should be). they paid the giant russian kid a lot of money and they like ersson as well.

go sens go.
Wait what? He’s saying Ullmark to PHILLY for that? I thought the Flyers were flipping the pick to another team.

That makes zero sense for them. Even if they did want Ullmark, they’re tighter to the cap than any other this offseason.

Reactions: Blade of Schmautz

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What does a Chychrun extension look like?

It all depends on what type of discount he would be willing to take in response for being someplace he wants to be, and actually being in a competitive scenario for the first time in his career. Obviously to anger some there would be significant NMC and then NTC, because that is the case for all payers at his level. In the open market this offseason his deal would start with at leas an 8, possibly a 9. per year

Reactions: Gordoff

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
It all depends on what type of discount he would be willing to take in response for being someplace he wants to be, and actually being in a competitive scenario for the first time in his career. Obviously to anger some there would be significant NMC and then NTC, because that is the case for all payers at his level. In the open market this offseason his deal would start with at leas an 8, possibly a 9. per year
I think he can be had for 6.5 on a 6 plus year deal. Can't see him taking less unless you give him 8 years

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Not sure if you are pining the blame on McAvoy for the Bruins falling "flat" on the PP But if you are I think you would be incorrect.

Pasta blew chunks on the pp, when he did get his chances he wasn't finding the back of the net.

I mentioned "when he did get his chances" because he was shut down due to the lack of threats from the other forwards on the ice.

Chychrun or Lohrei are not going to make any difference if we don't change the PP structure or bring in a guy that will take the pressure of Pasta on the PP.

McAvoy is not getting paid what his is to sit on the bench on the Power Play.

Now if we want to sit McAvoy on the PK Im all for it.

Not blaming anyone - the entire structure of the PP was heavily flawed and eventually very easy to defend. You can blame Pasta if you'd like - but the issues with the PP occur 2-3 plays ahead of him missing the net because of the lack of movement in the forward group and because the Bruins do not have a shot threat from the point or bumper.

However, since you used the word blame, would you fully absolve McAvoy of his share?

Monty didn't pull Pasta or anyone else from PP1. He pulled McAvoy and replaced him with Lohrei, with nearly immediate positive results (if only he had kept him there a little longer).

The bottom line is the Bruins need OFFENSE wherever they can get it. At the very least Jakob Chychrun provides a tool the Bruins haven't had from the back-end since Krug. This doesn't necessarily mean McAvoy loses a place on the Power Play, either, though I think the notion that his paycheck guarantees him PP1 time is a bit off-putting. The stats speak for themselves. He had ONE PP goal last year.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I think I just got spanked. My Butt hurts.

Sounds like Shawn Simpson is salty that no one is talking to him. How does he think it works?

“Hey Boston, we’ll give you a 7th rounder. OK if we talk with Linus about an extension?”

“Oh hey sure. No problem. You the only team we talking to so we’ll be happy with whatever.”

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Read somewhere Ottawa was offering Chychrun but Bruins want Chabot ,can’t remember who it was saying this.

Take this with a grain of salt, because I haven't been able to confirm it this morning (which means I probably shouldn't say anything at all)

But I was told that Jakob Chychrun has been informed that he will become a Boston Bruins.

AGAIN I HAVE NOT CONFIRMED THAT WITH THE PERSON THAT WOULD KNOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad