Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
He's UFA and he sucks.
1719085329545.png

You'd take Heinen over him?

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I know a lot of people, myself included, are looking at Brendan Dillon as an option to add some snarl but the Oilers and Panthers defense isn't really all that tough...

Mikola and Kulikov for the Panthers
Nurse and Desharnais for the Oilers

I mean come on it's really not much different than McAvoy, Carlo, Peeke, even Wotherspoon to a degree

If you even take a look at the VGK defense last year they had McNabb and Hague...?

I think we could be over exaggerating a need for toughness on the backend. The recipe that all these teams have though is that they have size and good two-way play. Chyrchrun adds to that and has a shot as a PP weapon we definitely could use.

I'm starting to come around on him, as long as they can add some speed and toughness up front.

For the record, McAvoy would be our smallest starting defenseman at like 6-1 210....you have a lot of guys that can move the puck, skate and take away time and space. It's a really strong defensive unit with Chyrchrun IMO.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’ve said it before but Chychrun would allow us to pair Lindholm-McAvoy again and that would be awesome plz. That is my ultimate goal for this offseason, it’s why I advocated for Skjei too. Somebody that can transition the puck next to Carlo, Chychrun gives them an actual goal scorer on the backend which is needed too

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I’ve said it before but Chychrun would allow us to pair Lindholm-McAvoy again and that would be awesome plz. That is my ultimate goal for this offseason, it’s why I advocated for Skjei too. Somebody that can transition the puck next to Carlo, Chychrun gives them an actual goal scorer on the backend which is needed too
I like Skjei a lot. Solid player plus we need at least one guy who gets his name butchered by announcers and writers.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So if you bring in Chychrun and bring back Heinen at 3 or less, you are really look at one big UFA forward signing and then filling out the lineup with 1 million or less guys.

Something like...

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Poitras Geekie
Heinen Coyle Frederic
Beecher Boqvist Brazeau
Vet

With Lysell and Merkulov getting a chance to force their way in. You are really counting on Poitras, Lysell and/or Merkulov to make an impact.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I know a lot of people, myself included, are looking at Brendan Dillon as an option to add some snarl but the Oilers and Panthers defense isn't really all that tough...

I mean come on it's really not much different than McAvoy, Carlo, Peeke, even Wotherspoon to a degree

If you even take a look at the VGK defense last year they had McNabb and Hague...?

I think we could be over exaggerating a need for toughness on the backend. The recipe that all these teams have though is that they have size and good two-way play. Chyrchrun adds to that and has a shot as a PP weapon we definitely could use.

I'm starting to come around on him, as long as they can add some speed and toughness up front.

For the record, McAvoy would be our smallest starting defenseman at like 6-1 210....you have a lot of guys that can move the puck, skate and take away time and space. It's a really strong defensive unit with Chyrchrun IMO.

Yeah, I think it's in the bottom six more than on the backend they are lacking in this scenario. The are lacking guys who can give the other team's D bruises over a series. You won't see the current forward group making the other team's #1D look as beat up as McAvoy looked by the end of the Florida series.

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
So if you bring in Chychrun and bring back Heinen at 3 or less, you are really look at one big UFA forward signing and then filling out the lineup with 1 million or less guys.

Something like...

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Poitras Geekie
Heinen Coyle Frederic
Beecher Boqvist Brazeau
Vet

With Lysell and Merkulov getting a chance to force their way in. You are really counting on Poitras, Lysell and/or Merkulov to make an impact.
Or something like...

Zacha Lindholm Patrnak
Marchand Poitras/Coyle Tofoli
Frederic Pointras/Coyle Geekie
XXX Beecher Brazeau.

ED... Dom , what do you think of Tofoli coming here and do we have enough money to sign him and would he come here plz?

TIA

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Mantha provides basically nothing besides scoring. With Heinen the points don’t really matter because of the game he plays. I know Mantha looks intriguing bc he is big and scores sometimes, but he doesn’t provide anything else.
I at one time was hot for him, but that has changed great size has some talent but just doesn't do enough, would be extremely frustrating and not physical enough with that kind of size this forum would be filled with pissed off Bruins fans.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston

I think you're underselling Ekholm, after McDavid he's the MVP and he's nasty, laying people out, if a Panther does anything he's in their face, and nothing Florida does to him throws him off. That's what I want for the Bruins. McAvoy and Carlo are tough in their own way but they're not that guy.

Chychrun at least makes them better but it's fair to ask if it changes what Florida was able to do to them. It will help by balancing the pairs out, but I would feel better with a Zadorov or Dillon in the mix. They can't match up with Florida's physicality up front but it can be done on the back end.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Something like...

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Poitras Geekie
Heinen Coyle Frederic
Beecher Boqvist Brazeau
Vet

I just can’t see Poitras becoming a legit 2C this season.

If they bring Chychrun in, I want them to try to move out Lindholm to bolster the top two lines.

For me..

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Monahan - Geekie
Freddy - Coyle - Poitras
Boqvist - Beecher - Brazeau

Chychrun McAvoy
Lohrei Carlo
Dillon Peake

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Something like...

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Poitras Geekie
Heinen Coyle Frederic
Beecher Boqvist Brazeau
Vet

I bet Temperance Hill in the Belmont in 1980 at 55 to 1 shot, but I will tell you if you think that those 3 are going to make an impact next year, I wish you were around in1980 and you could have bet a longshot that had a chance for you to win with.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I think you're underselling Ekholm, after McDavid he's the MVP and he's nasty, laying people out, if a Panther does anything he's in their face, and nothing Florida does to him throws him off. That's what I want for the Bruins. McAvoy and Carlo are tough in their own way but they're not that guy.

Chychrun at least makes them better but it's fair to ask if it changes what Florida was able to do to them. It will help by balancing the pairs out, but I would feel better with a Zadorov or Dillon in the mix. They can't match up with Florida's physicality up front but it can be done on the back end.
I haven't paid much attention to Ekholm lately but I liked him on the Preds

Reactions: Gordoff

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
I was going to make a case for a veteran 4th line center who can take faceoffs and play a lot on the PK, but can Kuntar or Duran be that guy right away? Beecher had a full year in the AHL and he was still pretty mistake prone and they didn't keep him at center. Do you go with those guys or do you bring in someone like Nosek?

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I was going to make a case for a veteran 4th line center who can take faceoffs and play a lot on the PK, but can Kuntar or Duran be that guy right away? Beecher had a full year in the AHL and he was still pretty mistake prone and they didn't keep him at center. Do you go with those guys or do you bring in someone like Nosek?
I go with Beecher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad