Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Just been informed that Linus Ullmark has officially waived his NTC to go to Ottawa. No trade or extension has been filed.

I'm guessing this is to get things done quickly if(when) Boston/Ottawa reach a deal and if(when) Ottawa/Ullmark reach an extension.

Also been informed that 6 teams reached out to the league to see which teams were on his NT list. Remember, no one wants another Dadonov situation.
Ullmark can’t sign any deal until July 1st no? If this involves picks in this draft seems like a hand shake wink wink situation then

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Just been informed that Linus Ullmark has officially waived his NTC to go to Ottawa. No trade or extension has been filed.

I'm guessing this is to get things done quickly if(when) Boston/Ottawa reach a deal and if(when) Ottawa/Ullmark reach an extension.

Also been informed that 6 teams reached out to the league to see which teams were on his NT list. Remember, no one wants another Dadonov situation.
I’m a Sens fan but just wanted to say thanks for the updates! It’s been great to have some info on this.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Ullmark can’t sign any deal until July 1st no? If this involves picks in this draft seems like a hand shake wink wink situation then
Is that how things work ,if the Bruins gave permission to talk with him ,why would they have to wait if they made a deal,or is that a League rule?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Ullmark can sign a deal at any time. He can sign it today. It just can't be filed with the league until July 1 or it would be rejected.

It's the Mikhail Grigorenko/CBJ situation. The NHL rejected the contract because they filed before July 1. All they had to do was re-file the exact same July 1.

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Dom, is this still a straight OTT/Bos trade between the 2 teams or id Philly still involved in it or in a separate deal with one or both teams? Always appreciate your hard work with info on this forum.

TIA

Reactions: BMC and bbfan419

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
1000010681.gif

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom, is this still a straight OTT/Bos trade between the 2 teams or id Philly still involved in it or in a separate deal with one or both teams? Always appreciate your hard work with info on this forum.

TIA
Philly was never involved. It wasn't a three team trade.

At one point, one of the assets Ottawa was getting from Philly was going to Boston but the Flyers are not pulling the trigger until draft day (if at all now) and Boston wasn't waiting until draft day. But it was never a three team trade in the traditional sense.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

At one point, one of the assets Ottawa was getting from Philly was going to Boston but the Flyers are not pulling the trigger until draft day (if at all now) and Boston wasn't waiting until draft day. But it was never a three team trade in the traditional sense.
Is a draft pick still involved or no?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ullmark can sign a deal at any time. He can sign it today. It just can't be filed with the league until July 1 or it would be rejected.

It's the Mikhail Grigorenko/CBJ situation. The NHL rejected the contract because they filed before July 1. All they had to do was re-file the exact same July 1.

I am assuming yes, but a signed contract, not filed with the league is still a binding contract isn't it?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yeh I would like that - interesting Ullmark likes the area and team and Tij Iginla lived in the same area even after Jerome got dealt. The Iginlas didn’t leave hence this classic video a few years ago and well after he left the Bruins

you want to be entertained and laugh - plus get some Tij Iginla humor crapping on Jerome this is Great

I remember my wife asking if that's Jerome Iginla. I said "wouldn't they say it if it were him?" LOL

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I saw it live, and the reporter had absolutely no clue who he was.
At the time, I thought that it was just her over-active imagination. I really thought it was a fluke and he just looked like him but he did say that he comes from Canada (I think it was to clue in the reporter) so it left us wondering. Not sure if I asked (here) if anyone else saw it.

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005

TYVM Goomba.

Reactions: DominicT

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
So, what do we think about RFA Anthony Mantha's rights coming to Boston if Vegas can put a package together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad