Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I was going to make a case for a veteran 4th line center who can take faceoffs and play a lot on the PK, but can Kuntar or Duran be that guy right away? Beecher had a full year in the AHL and he was still pretty mistake prone and they didn't keep him at center. Do you go with those guys or do you bring in someone like Nosek?

I’d be good with Nosek back at a reasonable price…maybe 1.5/1.75.

Might mean Boqvist goes away, but I can live with that.

Freddy - Coyle - Geekie
Beecher - Nosek - Brazeau

Is a very good bottom 6, IMO.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I think you're underselling Ekholm, after McDavid he's the MVP and he's nasty, laying people out, if a Panther does anything he's in their face, and nothing Florida does to him throws him off. That's what I want for the Bruins. McAvoy and Carlo are tough in their own way but they're not that guy.

Chychrun at least makes them better but it's fair to ask if it changes what Florida was able to do to them. It will help by balancing the pairs out, but I would feel better with a Zadorov or Dillon in the mix. They can't match up with Florida's physicality up front but it can be done on the back end.
For sure. Ekholm was a miss. He's a solid defenseman for them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that these other cup contenders don't have a substantially tougher group than ours. I also don't think we've seen the best of Peeke yet either. He averaged nearly 200 hits the past two seasons with CBJ. That will certainly help a lot over the course of a full season.

Chychrun also blocks a ton of shots so although he may not lay people out, eating pucks for better or worse is a form of toughness not a lot of people often recognize.

I think if getting Chyrchrun balances our pairs 5v5 and he gets the first unit PP clicking then that is more valuable than Dillon as a physical presence

Reactions: Gordoff

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
With his discounted contract Boston might be all over Hertl. I hope that’s the case
Yeah, Like I said earlier the only one I think Don should charge after in Vegas is Hertl. Not sure what a plan B would be with that team but I figured Mantha would be in there. Yeesh.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
For sure. Ekholm was a miss. He's a solid defenseman for them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that these other cup contenders don't have a substantially tougher group than ours. I also don't think we've seen the best of Peeke yet either. He averaged nearly 200 hits the past two seasons with CBJ. That will certainly help a lot over the course of a full season.

Chychrun also blocks a ton of shots so although he may not lay people out, eating pucks for better or worse is a form of toughness not a lot of people often recognize.

I think if getting Chyrchrun balances our pairs 5v5 and he gets the first unit PP clicking then that is more valuable than Dillon as a physical presence

Chychrun blocked a ton of shots this season because the opponents had the puck in the Sens end so much.

154 blocks but only 22 takeaways and 73 giveaways in 82 games.

And was -30.

Reactions: CellyHard

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Or something like...

Zacha Lindholm Patrnak
Marchand Poitras/Coyle Tofoli
Frederic Pointras/Coyle Geekie
XXX Beecher Brazeau.

ED... Dom , what do you think of Tofoli coming here and do we have enough money to sign him and would he come here plz?

TIA

Would be tiiiiiight. Kinda depends on what Swayman and Lindholm get, and if they have to eat anything like Forsberg.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Just goofing around with some free time.

Ullmark, Frederic, Lauko for Chychrun, Greig, 25 OA

Lindholm for Laine with 3 million retained —-not sure if either team needs to add…but it ain’t happening anyway, so let’s call it even

J, Swayman 7/7.5
B. Bussi 2x1.33
E. Lindholm 7x7.5
S. Monahan 3x4.5
B. Duhaime 3x2
B. Dillon 2x4

Zacha Lindholm Pasta = 23.75
Marchand Monahan Laine = 16.30 (including 3m retention)
Greig Coyle Geekie = 8.14
Duhaime Beecher Brazeau = 3.7

Chychrun McAvoy = 14.1
Lohrei Carlo = 5
Dillon Peake = 6.75

Swayman Bussi = 8.83

Comes in around 86.5

Certainly won’t happen, but I’d be happy with it if it did.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Jakey D is going to think Boston was a cake walk when he's in Toronto and disappears for 21 games in December through January. They're gunna eat him alive
Than love him for leading his team in scoring in the first round victory vs Boston. For me build a team with players who play when it matters. We have had enough reg season success. I want playoff wins. Would love 16 next year.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The pressure Staios must be feeling...yikers
Screw Staios, he gets paid for that. The pressure is absolutely killing me, and no one is willing to give me a dime! It’s really unfair if you ask me.

Dom’s posts have me hitting refresh so often I am getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and may have to be LTIR’d. :laugh:

And by the way, even if things fall through, this HF Sponsorship is worth every single penny!

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Than love him for leading his team in scoring in the first round victory vs Boston. For me build a team with players who play when it matters. We have had enough reg season success. I want playoff wins. Would love 16 next year.
Jake is one if not the best FA on the market. He will cash in and good for him, they will be getting a money player a 200 foot player that's not all about winning prizes in the regular season.

I truly hope it's not the leaf's he signs with.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I'm glad Linus nixed the Leafs as an option. Any pro hockey player with half a brain would do the same. I'd rather ride the bus in the ECHL look goofy wearing the million different theme nights jerseys than be stuck wearing the blue and white with a Leaf crest

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Just goofing around with some free time.

Ullmark, Frederic, Lauko for Chychrun, Greig, 25 OA

Lindholm for Laine with 3 million retained —-not sure if either team needs to add…but it ain’t happening anyway, so let’s call it even

J, Swayman 7/7.5
B. Bussi 2x1.33
E. Lindholm 7x7.5
S. Monahan 3x4.5
B. Duhaime 3x2
B. Dillon 2x4

Zacha Lindholm Pasta = 23.75
Marchand Monahan Laine = 16.30 (including 3m retention)
Greig Coyle Geekie = 8.14
Duhaime Beecher Brazeau = 3.7

Chychrun McAvoy = 14.1
Lohrei Carlo = 5
Dillon Peake = 6.75

Swayman Bussi = 8.83

Comes in around 86.5

Certainly won’t happen, but I’d be happy with it if it did.

Hampus sure wouldn't waive his NMC for Columbus

We could call the 2nd line the perilous line, as 36 year old Marchand is by far the safest chance to play a full season

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Screw Staios, he gets paid for that. The pressure is absolutely killing me, and no one is willing to give me a dime! It’s really unfair if you ask me.

Dom’s posts have me hitting refresh so often I am getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and may have to be LTIR’d. :laugh:

And by the way, even if things fall through, this HF Sponsorship is worth every single penny!
I don't see the point of a one for one trade for Chychrun, Especially how thin we are at the forward position. So common sense would be Donny is looking and listening to other opportunities hence the silence all of a sudden?

My view of course

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Hampus sure wouldn't waive his NMC for Columbus

We could call the 2nd line the perilous line, as 36 year old Marchand is by far the safest chance to play a full season

I was under the impression that his NMC started July 1 or is that McAvoy?

pfw19

Oct 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Are we for certain this is for #25 and not #7? I assume #25, but had not read if that is board speculation or from Dom himself.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad