Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
There is a difference being on pp2 and being a fix on the pp.

You know who else has been on pp 2 over the last 2 years. Lindholm and Grzelcyk.
Yeah, I know, let's make it sound like a bad thing. Lol

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I’ll take a guess

1st + chychurn + Korpisalo(50% retained?) + prospect

For

Ullmark + Lauko

Basically chychurn for Ullmark, Lauko for a prospect and the first for taking the Korpisalo contract.

Bruins might need a backup goalie if bussi isn’t good enough for the nhl. And if bussi is good enough you just waive Korpisalo.
If we are taking Korpisalo even at 50%, then the pick I want is the #7 or #12, not 25th.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Haha. Wait until this deal falls apart. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Renaud Lavoie reporting Vegas has entered the Ullmark conversation
Wow. Makes sense but what would that type of deal look like? Would he not have had them on his no trade list thinking they would not be in the goalie market?

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
JC allows you to to take pressure off Lohrei, whom would be well suited for full time PP2 , instead of sharing it like he did this year. Asking him to carry PP1 right now would be a lot to expect while he’s still getting his sea legs. You then can let McAvoy and Lindholm focus more on what they do best instead of trying to do it all at like last year and suffer from it. This also protects you in case Lohrei has a sophomore slump, or gets bruised up. He’s not as fragile as Poitras, but still it would be wise to protect him while young, as he is the future core of this team if his trajectory were to continue the way it has. Worst case scenario, you move JC or Lindholm at some point, and best case scenario, you have the best D corps in the league.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If the Bruins sign Swayman to $8M AAV, move Ullmark and Lauko in the Ottawa deal and receive Chychrun and Korpisalo, the Bruins will be left with about $10.4M to use this offseason.

That's good news for the Bruins.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Rumors that McGroarty might be available? Could be an interesting target (outside of this ullmark fun)

Reactions: Gordoff

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Vegas does things no other NHL team has done.
Yup, they are a very entertaining team gotta love it. And with them it could be anything. Moving on from hertl already? Theodore now that they have hanifin? who knows ha

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
I disagree, living here in Ottawa I see the Sens a lot, Chychrun is the better player in my opinion. Chabot is poor defensively and soft, Chychrun while nothing great defensively is better then Chabot and a bigger body which helps him in physical battles. Chabot is a pretty dynamic puck carrier but has a McAvoy type shot, Chychrun has a hammer.
I agree, and adding a guy with that missing element is exactly what they need on the powerplay. The Bruins generate little to nothing from the defense. Chychrun will add to the 5-on-5 as well. Krug was good as 4th forward on the perfection line, feeding those guys all the time. Chych has the same skill set but is also a bigger player at 6'2".

Possession players like Poitras, who like to gain the blue line and circle; will look for this guy coming into the zone late for a one-timer. Chychyrun will hit the net and create rebounds for our secondary scoring for guys like Frederic, Brazzeau, and Geekie. He will drive up everyone's totals.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
You’re creating that cap space to use it on talented players, to me Chychrun qualifies as that
I'm probably guilty of oversimplifying my opinion here. Let me try again.

In my mind, Anton Forsberg has negative value. I also don't believe the Sens are willing to offer #7 in a deal for Ullmark.

So, if the Bruins are trading Ullmark for the 25th overall pick, Forsberg's negative value deal, and something... then that something had better be pretty damn significant. And in my mind, a Chychrun rental falls short in large part because he would either be a one-season rental, or he'd eat into long-term cap space.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud and CDJ

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
So if it does happen a guess on the lineup:

Lindholm - McAvoy
Chychrun - Carlo
Lohrei/Wotherspoon - Peeke

Pretty solid D core there. Need a lot of help on offense haha

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
-Top Talent Player is available and close to being moved-

::Vegas has entered the Chat::

What do we have to do to get Hertl from them?

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Oh wow just noticed how bad Chychrun's +/- was on his team last year. Compared to his D teammates he was horrific. he was -20 compared to the next worst which was harmonic. Sanderson was somehow +8. No wonder they are trying to ship him out. Carlo would have some heavy lifting to do there lol

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Lavoie is definetly reputable, just when you thought things couldn't get more interesting.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Oh wow just noticed how bad Chychrun's +/- was on his team last year. Compared to his D teammates he was horrific. he was -20 compared to the next worst which was harmonic. Sanderson was somehow +8. No wonder they are trying to ship him out. Carlo would have some heavy lifting to do there lol

A lot of it was the Sens goaltending trust me.

Reactions: Kegs and sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad