Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
My dream off season would be trade Linus to Ottawa for Chychrun + 1st.Then unload Lindholm somehow and add Dillion and Bertuzzi in free agency.Resign Swayman longterm
You had be at Chych and Chung, the first, and Swayman...after that it's a :huh:

Pinto is an outstanding young player. He will end up being a 200 foot, 60 point 2nd like center. Can't see the Sens moving him at all.
Curious to hear DT's take on the better player... I haven't been all that high on Poitras and would love to see Pinto in Boston.

Reactions: Kegs

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Pinto is overrated. Poitras will outscore and be a better pure playmaking center in the long run.
Pinto has already shown ability to play in the NHL, he is young and bigger than Poitras, who I do not question that he has shown some talent although a small sample, but I question his ability to survive in the NHL.

Reactions: Blowfish

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
He recently turned 21 so by 23 he should be a full timer

he played very well as a 20 year old in AHL

High character - huge fan of him

Tough but honest he comes to play

He is one of the better prospects in Ottawa's system. Not saying much, as it is pretty barren at the moment.

Rangy player who can play center or wing. Plays on the right side of the puck, makes smart plays. Has some offense, but likely won't be a big scorer.

Shows some physicality, not out there running people over though. The Rempe fight isn't something he is doing all the time.

Would be surprised if Ottawa traded him, but you never know. Is probably the closest prospect they have to making the team and having an impact.

Also, appreciate the updates from Dominic T as a Sens fan. That is the stuff that makes HFboards fun, cheers.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
JC has to be part of the deal from the Sens side in order for the money to work.
Sens have Pinto to sign, he wants 5M a year and Brannstrom needs a new deal as well ( 3M ?).
They have 3 more forwards to sign as well.
I think the Sens are trying to trade Chabot making 8M a year to perhaps Philly to free up enough cash to sign LU to a long term deal?
DS should be offering more than LU in the deal and try to get Pinto as well.
They can keep their draft picks, give us JC and Pinto and we add Geekie.
Plus they have a player on LTIR who is 25 and a contract that is $7.95M.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Chychrun will also add to that offence. Both from the blue line and the powerplay.

There is no immediate fix for the pp. Lohrei is at least another year away from that.
But Lohrei was already on PP2 in the playoffs.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Kegs said:
Lindholm and chychurn are not even remotely the same kind of player.

Lindholm is a shit down guy

Chychurn is a puck moving D who has a really good shot. He is an offensive weapon. He would instantly become the first power play units quarter back. Don’t be surprised to see chychurn score more goals than half the forwards in the nhl.

He’s a what?!
1719070453050.jpeg

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I think the problem with Chabot is his salary ($8M/per). He's better than Chychrun but Chychrun is more appealing to other teams via trade because of his salary and he likely won't get $8M on his next contract.

I disagree, living here in Ottawa I see the Sens a lot, Chychrun is the better player in my opinion. Chabot is poor defensively and soft, Chychrun while nothing great defensively is better then Chabot and a bigger body which helps him in physical battles. Chabot is a pretty dynamic puck carrier but has a McAvoy type shot, Chychrun has a hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad