Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I don't want either Ottawa goalie.

They're both overpaid, and I'm not sure either of them are better than Brandon Bussi.
I don't disagree but trades usually go down that way where u take back something u really don't want or need to make rest of it work.I think Bussi can do it too.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Its fluctuating because everyone has to make the money work so pieces change. I don't know where they are at this morning as I am still waiting for a reply but was told "Chychrun would sign an extension with Boston".

Go back to 2019 when the Bruins were after Brayden Schenn. That deal changed 3 times before Sweeney pulled the plug on it.

I don't think this is the same situation, just complicated to get done because everyone wants extensions.
Can you say whether or not Philly is still involved?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
In Ottawa I’m not giving 7

I’m Poulin/Staios 7 off the table everywhere

They are nuts if they trade it
And that's the conundrum for Ottawa.

If they trade down from 7 to 12, they also have to worry about the cap they are adding from Philly which is making the Ullmark deal even more difficult.

Can you say whether or not Philly is still involved?
It's not a traditional 3 team trade.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
The thing about this potential deal that makes me uneasy is the potential value of a Chychrun extension.

Assuming he signs long term you are now blocking Lohrei from getting those minutes starting next season. This upcoming season it’s obviously not an issue as he would probably be playing third pairing once all is said and done.

If Lohrei develops like we all hope, that likely means Lindholm would be the odd man out right?

Or do they trade Lohrei for a quality piece up front with a newly established top 4 of JC, HL, BC, and CM?

Wonder what direction it goes. Again this is likely a next offseason issue, but those are the implications I see coming.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Just asking here ,but adding Jacob and having Lindholm and Lohrei seems like alot of same type player on left side Any chance they move Lindholm contract and try and add a Dillon type player?
Lindholm and chychurn are not even remotely the same kind of player.

Lindholm is a shut down guy mostly with the ability to get the puck on his teams stick. Has some offensive up side. Borderline a two way defender.

Chychurn is a puck moving D who has a really good shot. He is an offensive weapon. He would instantly become the first power play units quarter back. Don’t be surprised to see chychurn score 10-15 goals. His defence isn’t as good as lindholms as far as I can tell.

I really haven’t seen enough out of Lohrei. I think lohrei will also be able to create a lot of offence though. He is more similar to chychurn. But chychurn is better at this point.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If I’m running Sens I tell Sweenius / Chychrun, 25OA, 50 % Korpi

I draft Dickinson at 7

Reactions: goldenblack

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
The only reason to trade Ullmark is to create cap space.

Why trade him if you're only creating $2 million in cap space?
That’s not true. Ideally you can add a player who can help you now and another asset.

If the rumored deal comes to fruition you are dealing from surplus to address a need. Which is what you would’ve done anyways with the cap space that opened up if it was for picks and prospects.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Lindholm and chychurn are not even remotely the same kind of player.

Lindholm is a shit down guy

Chychurn is a puck moving D who has a really good shot. He is an offensive weapon. He would instantly become the first power play units quarter back. Don’t be surprised to see chychurn score more goals than half the forwards in the nhl.
He’s a what?!

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
If Chychrun comes back you would think it means that the young forwards are going to get a real roster shot, and not just Poitras.
Good point and I hope this is true.
Also the rumor 3 years at 3 million per for heinin sounds like the griz contract.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
If they are only trading Linus and Lauko I am pretty good with most of the returns mentioned. I'm not going to get too greedy. I just want them to get this done and get ready to buy some offense! Chychrun would be a nice get...would love a Dman who scores some goals.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
JC has to be part of the deal from the Sens side in order for the money to work.
Sens have Pinto to sign, he wants 5M a year and Brannstrom needs a new deal as well ( 3M ?).
They have 3 more forwards to sign as well.
I think the Sens are trying to trade Chabot making 8M a year to perhaps Philly to free up enough cash to sign LU to a long term deal?
DS should be offering more than LU in the deal and try to get Pinto as well.
They can keep their draft picks, give us JC and Pinto and we add Geekie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad