Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
We've heard Pinto's not in play, and I would assume Norris isn't either, so if Ottawa wants to offset an Ullmark extension, how do you do that without defeating the purpose of trading him? Chychrun and who?
I’ll take a guess

1st + chychurn + Korpisalo(50% retained?) + prospect

For

Ullmark + Lauko

Basically chychurn for Ullmark, Lauko for a prospect and the first for taking the Korpisalo contract.

Bruins might need a backup goalie if bussi isn’t good enough for the nhl. And if bussi is good enough you just waive Korpisalo.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I’ll take a guess

For

Ullmark + Lauko

Basically chychurn for Ullmark, Lauko for a prospect and the first for taking the Korpisalo contract.

Bruins might need a backup goalie if bussi isn’t good enough for the nhl. And if bussi is good enough you just waive Korpisalo.

Better pray somebody takes Korpisalo off of waivers. Cant bury whole contract. Would be carrying an extra ~ 3M every year for four years against the Cap. 2 M retained though would work. But I dont think Sens have that room.

Still carrying dead money for four years . Though less.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yup Lou told me what was going to happen days before and boom !!!!

So who leaves from the Bruins D? Someone has to be going the other way no?
I have no idea if Ullmark is even going lol

Did he ask for a ridiculous extension?

All I know is we got some fun and crazy shit the next 9-10 days to look forward to

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I have no idea if Ullmark is even going lol

Did he ask for a ridiculous extension?

All I know is we got some fun and crazy shit the next 9-10 days to look forward to
I may see you at the draft party after all

Reactions: DKH

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

Attachments

• IMG_4206.jpeg
    IMG_4206.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 2

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Sweeney needs to get Pinto in play, get creative, ballsy, aggressive, annoying, don't go away, don't let them hang up the phone, be an obnoxious asshole, but get the job done. Bruins have young assets, Poitras, Merkolov, Lysell, they are not doing you any good in Providence, but Pinto in Boston would.
Hands off Matt P.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Better pray somebody takes Korpisalo off of waivers. Cant bury whole contract. Would be carrying an extra ~ 3M every year for four years against the Cap. 2 M retained though would work. But I dont think Sens have that room.

Korpisalo's contract is so bad they would need to include the first just to unload his deal. He is a massive negative asset in a deal. If Sweeney were to take him back, there would have to be a HUGE additional asset from Ottawa.

So who leaves from the Bruins D? Someone has to be going the other way no?

No Wortherspoon was signed to be the 7th defenseman ideally. So that would just work out. He is an ideal depth guy, can play both sides. Signed cheap.

I do wonder if they are looking at Chychrun, if Boston has been able to put the framework of an extension in place for him

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Chychrun clarity:

Boston is one of his preferred choices. Didn't ask for a trade specifically to Boston.
The fact that Boston is one of his preferred is awesome. If Boston gets 13th pick, maybe a 2nd and Chychrun for Ullmark & Lauko that would be one hell of a return

Reactions: Carl Hungus

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019

There are some desperate teams looking for a goalie out there, so you never know. Cross my fingers

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Can't see Bruins touching Korpisalo but the other goalie I could, Anton Forsberg.

Reactions: bbfan419

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Is the structure of the deal still a first and Chychrun? Is that known?
Its fluctuating because everyone has to make the money work so pieces change. I don't know where they are at this morning as I am still waiting for a reply but was told "Chychrun would sign an extension with Boston".

Go back to 2019 when the Bruins were after Brayden Schenn. That deal changed 3 times before Sweeney pulled the plug on it.

I don't think this is the same situation, just complicated to get done because everyone wants extensions.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Chychrun clarity:

Boston is one of his preferred choices. Didn't ask for a trade specifically to Boston.
Just asking here ,but adding Jacob and having Lindholm and Lohrei seems like alot of same type player on left side Any chance they move Lindholm contract and try and add a Dillon type player?

Reactions: Tbaybruin

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I’ll take a guess

For

Ullmark + Lauko

In Ottawa I’m not giving 7
The fact that Boston is one of his preferred is awesome. If Boston gets 13th pick, maybe a 2nd and Chychrun for Ullmark & Lauko that would be one hell of a return
I’m Poulin/Staios 7 off the table everywhere

They are nuts if they trade it

Reactions: Senator Stanley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad