Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Lindholm and chychurn are not even remotely the same kind of player.

Lindholm is a shit down guy mostly with the ability to get the puck on his teams stick. Has some offensive up side. Borderline a two way defender.

Chychurn is a puck moving D who has a really good shot. He is an offensive weapon. He would instantly become the first power play units quarter back. Don’t be surprised to see chychurn score 10-15 goals. His defence isn’t as good as lindholms as far as I can tell.

I really haven’t seen enough out of Lohrei. I think lohrei will also be able to create a lot of offence though. He is more similar to chychurn. But chychurn is better at this point.

I don't need to know how Lindholm passes fecal matter, but this is a pretty good description overall! :laugh:

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
The only reason to trade Ullmark is to create cap space.

Why trade him if you're only creating $2 million in cap space?

To add more goal scoring at the point. Or a centre. That’s my guess. These are the two things I’d like to see improve.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
JC has to be part of the deal from the Sens side in order for the money to work.
Sens have Pinto to sign, he wants 5M a year and Brannstrom needs a new deal as well ( 3M ?).
They have 3 more forwards to sign as well.
I think the Sens are trying to trade Chabot making 8M a year to perhaps Philly to free up enough cash to sign LU to a long term deal?
DS should be offering more than LU in the deal and try to get Pinto as well.
They can keep their draft picks, give us JC and Pinto and we add Geekie.
I think the problem with Chabot is his salary ($8M/per). He's better than Chychrun but Chychrun is more appealing to other teams via trade because of his salary and he likely won't get $8M on his next contract.

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
If they are only trading Linus and Lauko I am pretty good with most of the returns mentioned. I'm not going to get too greedy. I just want them to get this done and get ready to buy some offense! Chychrun would be a nice get...would love a Dman who scores some goals.
Chychrun will also add to that offence. Both from the blue line and the powerplay.

There is no immediate fix for the pp. Lohrei is at least another year away from that.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Donny can enjoy last year of Ullmark & we will claim Bussi when he is put on waivers
He will be gone before he gets to you in waivers, And I don't mind if I have to keep Linus, I will enjoy all the w's he will be providing.

Enjoy missing the playoffs again

Reactions: JOKER 192

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Maybe they are trading him to get talent back though . I mean rumblings about Jacob who will require an extension takes away cap space.The Bruins have enough room right now to get a centre and Swayman signed.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Chychrun will also add to that offence. Both from the blue line and the powerplay.

There is no immediate fix for the pp. Lohrei is at least another year away from that.
Help on the PP would be great. Would be nice to have a dman consistently putting the puck on net too.

Do you have any idea what he wants on an extension?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
How I feel

I’d ask for one of Kleven or Grieg - and Ostapchuk

I don’t see it but 25OA & Ostapchuk I’d absolutely do

DeBrusk & Heinen two left shots are FA
Marchand & Frederic in 25

Ostapchuk is a left shot who I believe floor is third line but a tough C/W

He could replace one of the aforementioned

Was discussing him in this ullmark deal a week ago with @LouJersey

Thank you Mr or Mrs Reddit for reporting this
How far away is Ostapchuk?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The thing about this potential deal that makes me uneasy is the potential value of a Chychrun extension.

Assuming he signs long term you are now blocking Lohrei from getting those minutes starting next season. This upcoming season it’s obviously not an issue as he would probably be playing third pairing once all is said and done.

If Lohrei develops like we all hope, that likely means Lindholm would be the odd man out right?

Or do they trade Lohrei for a quality piece up front with a newly established top 4 of JC, HL, BC, and CM?

Wonder what direction it goes. Again this is likely a next offseason issue, but those are the implications I see coming.
No, I do not think it hurts Loheri at all , it puts him in a better position to develop without having the pressure of being needed to carry a team. I think it helps the depth of the D- which in turns gives you some nice trade assets if needed. Lorehei is nice insurance in case of injuries and he will see some top 4 minutes to aid his progress .

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I would hope the bruins have an idea what Swayman is looking for before trading Ullmark. Because if it is 8 million per year and he will not budge I would send him and bring in a haul of players and picks.
It would be out of character for Sweeney to deal Ullmark without knowing what Swayman is looking for. I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a handshake deal in place.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

That was true until Chychrun was added in. Now he will eat up any cap moving Ullmark would make. A good add, we get a top pairing offensive D where we have no proven one and open a spot for Bussi to develop in the NHL. Lohrei can be deployed strategically on the third pairing with Peeke to develop.

Gryz is gone, I assume, and Lohrei needs some insurance to cover him as he grows in the next few years.

Its a great deal, we lessen a strength to cover a weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad