Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
So,

Philly trades #12 ++ to Ottawa for #7

Ottawa trades #12 + (believed to be a pick acquired Philly) + a player for Ullmark+

Ullmark needs to waive and accept the trade.

That's how I have it this morning.

I believe ya'll will be more than fine with the + on both sides that are current roster players.

The 12th+ a player for Ullmark (probably signed) :-O Sweeney won't get some flack from me for some time 😂

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So,

Ottawa trades #12 + (believed to be a pick acquired Philly) + a player for Ullmark+

I believe ya'll will be more than fine with the + on both sides that are current roster players.
That makes sense

The Sens & Bruins people making deal are all former Bruins on same team so they likely have good lines of communication- and Daniel Alfredsson can help Ullmark transition

Ottawa to Sweden same as Boston & direct flights

They will extend him im sure

I’m surprised they will have kopisalo there still but ….

Gotta think he waives- he’s been there enough

12 would be very good but 7 would be phenomenal

Who’s the player will be interesting

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Thata gonna be lindholm E.
I'm torn between Stanley cup champ stephenson and Lindholm. Same size, age, similar stats etc...Stephenson has the cup and brings more heavy and speed. Stephenson contract would come cheaper (odd to me) so that also makes him more attractive.

BTW for some reason I see Lindholm turning into our Loui Eriksson. :confused:

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Maybe something like Ottawa sends their 7th pick & Chychrun to Philly for their 12th pick, 2nd rounder & Couturier. Then Ottawa sends Couturier & their Boston’s former 1st rounder to Boston for Ullmark. Philly wants to get younger and Couturier is 31, but Boston doesn’t care cause when healthy he’s like Bergeron, so worth the risk. Philly also has no defensemen (Chychrun) and they get their man by moving up in the draft. Ottawa meanwhile gets rid of Chychrun, gets a goalie and kinda recoups the Boston pick by getting Philly’s 2nd rounder.
Couturier is older now and has been really banged up, I would stay away from him.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
That makes sense

The Sens & Bruins people making deal are all former Bruins on same team so they likely have good lines of communication- and Daniel Alfredsson can help Ullmark transition

Ottawa to Sweden same as Boston & direct flights

They will extend him im sure

I’m surprised they will have kopisalo there still but ….

Gotta think he waives- he’s been there enough

12 would be very good but 7 would be phenomenal

Who’s the player will be interesting
Ottawa area is awesome...other than "choice or arena location" Ottawa is great place to raise a family.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa area is awesome...other than "choice or arena location" Ottawa is great place to raise a family.
That’s what I hear and sounds like a place he would enjoy

Linus Ullmark instigram is a interesting and impressive look at him and his family

my conclusion was this guy is a heck of a human and is about family and quality of life

As a dog person (and cat) I enjoyed how much he loves those dogs and how it broke his heart (we’ve all been there that have pets)

The Sweden stuff if fantastic it’s like being there

He’s a good guy and goalie but it’s a business and with Swayman as ascension and contract status, Bussi needing waivers and Linus last year on contract it’s time

If he goes I wish him the best and he was a great signing and I won’t be joining Twitter keyboard warriors in good riddance

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I'm torn between Stanley cup champ stephenson and Lindholme. Same size, age, similar stats etc...Stephenson has the cup and brings more heavy and speed.
Lindholm to me is Bergeron always has been

I’ll be happy with either but Lindhom strength should benefit the horrid FO & end of games issues

All the scouting on where lindhom is at was backed by a 49 M offer rejected and requests by teammates to stay

If Lindholm is walking away from nearly 50 M he’s probably got a deal somewhere (probably here but all my Bruins targets end up in Vegas)

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
That’s what I hear and sounds like a place he would enjoy

Linus Ullmark instigram is a interesting and impressive look at him and his family

my conclusion was this guy is a heck of a human and is about family and quality of life

As a dog person (and cat) I enjoyed how much he loves those dogs and how it broke his heart (we’ve all been there that have pets)

The Sweden stuff if fantastic it’s like being there

He’s a good guy and goalie but it’s a business and with Swayman as ascension and contract status, Bussi needing waivers and Linus last year on contract it’s time

If he goes I wish him the best and he was a great signing and I won’t be joining Twitter keyboard warriors in good riddance
Plus Ottawa on the verge of becoming playoff contender and brings back the much wanted Sens versus Leafs hatred matchup. Anything to piss off leaf fans I like. Dangle video would soon follow should Ullmark end up in Ottawa.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

In his last meeting with the media May 22, Bruins general manager Don Sweeney pushed back against the assertion that No. 1 goaltenders dangled on the trade market tend to be a depressed asset in terms of the return.
“I’d disagree. I think that goaltenders trade hands,” Sweeney said. “In [one] draft scenario, I think one went for 9 overall one year. So it’s really what teams need and what the market will bear, and ultimately it comes down to supply and demand. What a team wants and what you might have, ultimately, that generally shapes the trade market.”

Sweeney was referencing the Canucks securing the No. 9 pick in the 2013 draft (which they used on center Bo Horvat) from the Devils in exchange for promising netminder Cory Schneider.

It was a prime example of a team making the most of an abundance of riches at one spot and acquiring a building block for the future.

Of course, that swap was more than a decade ago. But with the Bruins likely weighing options for Linus Ullmark this summer, could the 2023 Vezina Trophy winner net them a blue-chip prospect?

Given the number of teams in need of reinforcements between the pipes, it could be a viable scenario.

The Senators have been linked to the Bruins, with their .884 team save percentage ranking 31st out of 32 teams in 2023-24.

Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, citing a league executive, “believes the Senators would likely have to offer defenceman Jakob Chychrun along with a first-round pick and another selection to acquire Ullmark.”

While a top-four defenseman like Chychrun on top of draft capital for Ullmark might seem like a steep price to pay, the Senators do have two first-round picks — with the latter (No. 25) originally owned by the Bruins.

That pick was first acquired by the Red Wings in the trade for Tyler Bertuzzi in March 2023, but Detroit shipped it to the Senators as part of the Alex DeBrincat deal four months later.

But what about that No. 7 pick?

Speaking at a season ticket-holder event last week, Senators senior vice president Dave Poulin acknowledged that Ottawa has had discussions with teams.

“We had interest in the pick,” Poulin said, per the Ottawa Citizen. “Teams will call you and say, ‘Are you interested in moving the pick?’ and you don’t know what that’s going to look like because you don’t know what’s going to be available there. You have to stay very flexible.”

If the Senators are willing to play ball, a Bruins team short on high-end talent in their prospect pipeline definitely would be interested.

The main hurdle in any deal would be the no-trade protection that Ullmark has; a rebuilding team like Ottawa is not exactly a squad that players in high demand are lining up to join.

One potential landing spot that wouldn’t have that problem came off the board Wednesday. New Jersey, an East Coast team primed to contend if they address a deficiency in net, traded for Flames goalie Jacob Markstrom.

The Bruins are not in possession of a first-round pick this year, and they also didn’t select in the first round in 2018, 2020, 2022, and 2023.

With talented centers Cayden Lindstrom, Tij Iginla, and Berkly Catton expected to be within that top 10 range, the Bruins could bolster a pressing need with talent down the middle.

Signing a top-six center such as Elias Lindholm certainly would move the needle for the Bruins in 2024-25, but if they are realistically trying to add an 80-plus-point franchise center for the long haul, the more realistic avenue is through the draft.

And if they are looking to make the most out of moving a top asset like Ullmark, a top 10 selection might be the best haul they’re going to get.

Reactions: Gordoff

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Thats horseshit.
They have a mutually agreed upon contract. If the Bruins didnt want to be in this situation they shouldn’t have agreed to the terms.
I agree with this and I’ll preface my next statement by saying that most of us (not saying you Wally) know nothing about the inner workings of where Ullmark wants to play or how he feels about each city that has an NHL team. With that said if it turns out to be true that a guy capable of being a number one goalie would rather be a comfortable backup in a contract year than proving his worth it does make me think less of him as a competitor, even though he 100% has earned the right to use the clauses agreed to by both parties. I don’t mind if he ends up on the team for one more year though as he is a great teammate and does make the team better vs not having him at all.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I'm torn between Stanley cup champ stephenson and Lindholm. Same size, age, similar stats etc...Stephenson has the cup and brings more heavy and speed. Stephenson contract would come cheaper (odd to me) so that also makes him more attractive.

BTW for some reason I see Lindholm turning into our Loui Eriksson. :confused:
I like both - Lindholm is my choice

Monahan
Stephenson
Lindholm

I’m good with any but I have always wanted EL and any concerns I had were dissipated in playoffs

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I like both - Lindholm is my choice

Monahan
Stephenson
Lindholm

I’m good with any but I have always wanted EL and any concerns I had were dissipated in playoffs
If you see Lindholm as Patrice Bergeron I can see why you want him.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
So,

I would be cool with the pick for Ullmark and no other pieces. Wonder what the + could be. I’m guessing prospectish swap?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Hope something happens because as things stand Ullmark has really screwed us not waiving.
So you relocate your job and sign a contract that stipulates you can't go to 15 out of 30 companies in your industry because of reasons you hold dear. You have one year left on said contract and your boss says, I know you said you won't go here, but we need you to. Is that fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad