Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Sergachev developed fine behind Hedman-McDonough.

I wouldn’t be too worried about Lohrei being behind Lindholm and Chychrun.

Lindholm-Carlo would be the defacto shutdown line so the offensive zone starts would be split between 1st and 3rd pairings I would imagine.
Bruins need more offense from Lindholm and I believe the new coach will tap into that

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I've been thinking it was him, just haven't been able to get out of the fetal position to post yet.

100%

I think in that hypothetical that means Lindholm doesn’t finish his contract out in Boston( though maybe that is true either way).

If Lohrei develops the way you hope then come 27-28 when Lindholms NTC becomes a 15 team NTC you move him out.

Bruins need more offense from Lindholm and I believe the new coach will tap into that

Look at Lindholms career. That 50 pt season is an outlier. It’s fair to say that chances are Lindholms offensive ability is around the 25-30 pt mark.

Not sure how much more offense they are going to get out of him. The team would be better off deploying him and Carlo as the top shutdown pair with a boatload of defensive zone starts.

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I think in that hypothetical that means Lindholm doesn’t finish his contract out in Boston( though maybe that is true either way).

If Lohrei develops the way you hope then come 27-28 when Lindholms NTC becomes a 15 team NTC you move him out.

Look at Lindholms career. That 50 pt season is an outlier. It’s fair to say that chances are Lindholms offensive ability is around the 25-30 pt mark.

Not sure how much more offense they are going to get out of him. The team would be better off deploying him and Carlo as the top shutdown pair with a boatload of defensive zone starts.
Can't have two guys that are afraid of the physical stuff as your shutdown guys. Both give away the puck under pressure.

Reactions: Fenian24

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Can't have two guys that are afraid of the physical stuff as your shutdown guys. Both give away the puck under pressure.

If you have any physically imposing dmen better defensively than Lindholm/Carlo that also don’t turn the puck over under pressure feel free to throw their names out and what you think it would cost to acquire them.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

AGAIN, 100% That season was an outlier and best to make them your shutdown pair, 1st PK unit. He would excel IMO.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I also would not be surprised if Philly bites on that Chabot contract.

given the choice I'd take Chabot and his contract over Chychrun and his next contract. Good thing with Chabot it there is certainty, 4 years, 8 mil per year left. Chychrun is cheap for 1 more year, and then joins the 8 or 9 million annual club into his mid to late 30s

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
That’s what I hear and sounds like a place he would enjoy

Linus Ullmark instigram is a interesting and impressive look at him and his family

my conclusion was this guy is a heck of a human and is about family and quality of life

As a dog person (and cat) I enjoyed how much he loves those dogs and how it broke his heart (we’ve all been there that have pets)

The Sweden stuff if fantastic it’s like being there

He’s a good guy and goalie but it’s a business and with Swayman as ascension and contract status, Bussi needing waivers and Linus last year on contract it’s time

If he goes I wish him the best and he was a great signing and I won’t be joining Twitter keyboard warriors in good riddance
Absolutely. Linus has been a good warrior for Boston and extremely effective.

When he first arrived it took a little while to get in the groove and a group of assholes (ironically) came up with a nickname that rhymed with his last name. It was childish and idiotic.

I wonder how many of those that used that name (which still pisses me off massively - can you tell?) are in the camp that Linus is somehow screwing us?

For the record, I don't think that's the case for a second - I think you @DKH are on the money with your post above.

BUT -- if he does refuse to waive and blocks a trade. I'd like everyone who used that "nickname" to imagine that Linus is giving you the biggest f*** You possible -- one that hurts you much more and carries a much bigger impact than a stupid childish name.

• Love
Reactions: Ladyfan and lopey

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You are right exercising his right, Sweeney gave him that right, Sweeney should be held accountable.
In defense of Sweeney, Ullmark may have went somewhere else without the protection he was given, so its kind of a catch twenty-two here. Dam if you do, dam if you don't, but without Linus being here, there be no chance the Bruins could move him at all. On top of that he doesn't have a total NMC he has M-NTC, so all though its a bit of a challenge he can be moved and more than likely its happening.

Reactions: neelynugs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Chychrun giving me OEL vibes
OEL is having a good season.

I am bias. I really like chychurn. Always have. He eats minutes. Has a good stick. Blocks shots. He would immediately be the best offensive defender on the bruins if he was added. He also has a nice cap hit. He plays 20+ minutes for less than 5 mil. Chychurn can score goals. Having him with out subtracting anyone would be such a luxury. He would do well on a team that doesn’t need him to be the go to guy.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
OEL is having a good season.

I am bias. I really like chychurn. Always have. He eats minutes. Has a good stick. Blocks shots. He would immediately be the best offensive defender on the bruins if he was added. He also has a nice cap hit. He plays 20+ minutes for less than 5 mil. Chychurn can score goals. Having him with out subtracting anyone would be such a luxury. He would do well on a team that doesn’t need him to be the go to guy.

Agreed with all of this.

And the posters worrying about his next contract, regardless of what you think of Sweeneys moves, he doesn’t seem like the type to acquire chychrun without having an idea what the ballpark ask will be for an extension.

If it’s too much, I doubt they make the trade in the first place.

Reactions: Kegs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad