Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
Ullmark for Chychrun is what I think will be happening..

I hope Sweeney can find a way to grab Pinto in the deal as well. Ullmark & Lohrei for Chychrun & Pinto

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Let's say for a second that Huberdeau HATED being traded to Calgary and has been mailing it in since his huge season in Florida where he was mimicking Bergeron with his play.

Would you move Ullmark to Calgary for a 50% retained Huberdeau?

I mean sure, but why would Ullmark waive for CGY? Better yet why would Calgary want a) have $5.25 million in dead cap on the books for the next 6yrs when all they get is 1yr of Ullmark. And b) why would they want Ullmark when the moves would indicate they're going into a re-tool

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Let's say for a second that Huberdeau HATED being traded to Calgary and has been mailing it in since his huge season in Florida where he was mimicking Bergeron with his play.

Would you move Ullmark to Calgary for a 50% retained Huberdeau?
I think i would take that risk very happily. Never understood Huberdeau’s fall off.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Care to explain why you think it's horrible? I'm on the complete opposite haha, gets us a #3 D and a 2C.. We would also have enough cap space to sign someone like Lindholm
You're just wrong! Figure it out yourself!

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Random thought. If we move on from Ullmark, I know we have Bussi but I wouldn't mind taking a look at Kaapo Kähkönen. Lots of potential there and seemed to do really well in NJD once he got out of SJS.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Unless it’s a team on his trade list it’s pretty obvious Ullmark wants to stay. I don’t think he’ll waive it for any other team

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
There's nothing wrong with Utah Goaltending
Connor Ingram is a more than capable # 1 goalie
I'm going to say and this is based off that he wants to stay on the East Coast:
Flyers
Sens
Blue Jackets
Red Wings
Might all be looking for a starting Goalie

If that's the list, we are about to get Taylor Hall'd :laugh:

If it's EXACTLY Ottawa, Ottawa can hold pretty firm.

Or like Dom says, both goalies in camp

Reactions: Number8

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
Would anyone here have on board with Ullmark for PLD? Obviously would have been a huge risk. But if PLD bounces back then boom you have your #1 center. I don't think I'd take the gamble, but it's interesting to consider. I wouldn't be shocked if PLD bounces back next season.
It's a moot point now but I would have been a hard NO on obtaining PLD, even if the return to LA was a bargain. Yes, he could find himself and make his new team look smart. But there's just too much history with this guy - there's something wrong there. At some point, if he continues to be a dud a team will be stuck with him for the duration of the contract. I'm already surprised he is getting yet another "fresh start" because you'd think after N times flaming out with a team, GMs would not be willing to roll the dice on him especially given his contract. Apparently N does not = 3, but it quite possibly will = 4. It's nuts that Washington is picking up 100% of that deal.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If that's the list, we are about to get Taylor Hall'd :laugh:

If it's EXACTLY Ottawa, Ottawa can hold pretty firm.

Or like Dom says, both goalies in camp
Both goalies in camp isn’t worst. If I’m Boston in that case I try like hell to flip him at TDL to Colorado assuming they don’t pick up a keeper before. Linus would be crazy not to have a few months of distance to have a real chance at being the #1 guy for legit run at Cup. He’s moving soon after that anyway or taking a huge haircut to be a backup in Boston for 24/25 and beyond.

In some ways he has some power to pick where he goes now — albeit limited by who needs a #1. Same limitation will apply when hes UFA after all. Not everyone needs a #1G now or at end of next season.

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
Chychrun for Ullmark makes sense. Maybe try to include Ridly Greig for Lohrei or someone.
Ah, I would not be eager at all to deal Lohrei. He has shown much promise. The opportunity to have a contributor on an ELC is gold in this cap NHL. Greig is enticing, so I can see where your idea comes from, but that's just not the package I'd send to Ottawa - not sure the Bruins have convenient names to plug in instead though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad