Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
This team would need a complete overhaul if they wanted to be a tough/gritty team. I think that’s completely out of the question at this point. Might as well stack talent.

Their captain got freaking sucker punched in the face and concussed and the resident “tough guys” had zero response except saying after the game to the media “we don’t want to take penalties”
I believe we can be that team if we add a Dman and a couple of guys up front. It’s also about team attitude. Look no further thanFLA.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Rangers where lucky to even win a game. The only reason they kept any of the games close was their goaltender. Rangers blew in that series and it wasn't a surprise when a team relies so heavily on scoring power play goals to win games.

Bruins where a hell of a lot better and could have one the series with a little luck.

Funny how we see things so differently

I guess we shall see, I hope we get to find out

The rangers panthers series featured 3 overtime games and 5 one-goal games. It’s hard to get tighter than that in a 6 game series.

Bruins had the single best game against florida in game one, but then got blown out back to back games in game 2 and 3

Idk how anyone could think the bruins/panthers series was closer.

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I believe we can be that team if we add a Dman and a couple of guys up front. It’s also about team attitude. Look no further thanFLA.

Florida has those types of players in prominent roles. Bruins have a guy or two on the 3rd/4th line.

Bruins need tone setters/agitators in their top 6 if they want to develop a team attitude that resembles florida.

That’s very unlikely when the toughest guy in their top 6 forwards is a 36 year old Marchand. They are extremely far away from having that identity.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The rangers panthers series featured 3 overtime games and 5 one-goal games. It’s hard to get tighter than that in a 6 game series.

Bruins had the single best game against florida in game one, but then got blown out back to back games in game 2 and 3

Because IIRC (or was it the Electro Shock Therapy), none were considered "blow-outs?"

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Bruins need tone setters/agitators in their top 6 if they want to develop a team attitude that resembles florida.

That’s very unlikely when the toughest guy in their top 6 forwards is a 36 year old Marchand. They are extremely far away from having that identity.

I would like more toughness in the top six but it’s nearly impossible to find. They are better off getting more skill and adding toughness to their bottom six and 3rd pair

It will be easier to find and easier to afford

Top six power forwards are unicorns unless you really think Dakota Joshua is that guy…risky tho

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Florida has those types of players in prominent roles. Bruins have a guy or two on the 3rd/4th line.

This is it. This is why the Bruins star players get targeted so much. It's because other teams have those style of players sprinkled throughout their line up and not just tossed on one line (the 4th line) - I'm always in favor of having a power-forward in the top 6 for that reason, hell, I'll even say top 9 at this stage.

I think that's why people (myself included) wish that Frederic would be that guy, especially when he's showed he can be a physical force early in his career.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Where’s the next Nathan Horton? A 25 year old wing who can score 25 goals and plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. Give me a Horton (top 6) a Shawn Thornton (4th line who can play 10-12 mins and not hurt the team) and a Kevan Miller/ McQuaid for the 3rd pairing. If Ottawa were a western conference team maybe Swayman for Brady Tkachuk would work.

Easier said than done.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I guess it all depends how you view lohrei. I like him a lot, but I highly doubt the bruins are getting a #1 center for lohrei unless the bruins are adding multiple other pieces to the deal.

Which #1 centers around the league do you think are fair value for lohrei?

Also what are the expectation for lohrei? Maybe a chychrun type player except hopefully healthy and rounds his defensive game out more? Because lohrei certainly has some questions regarding his defensive game as well
If the Bruins are willing to move Lohrei for a #1C, it's going to have to be in a package. Lohrei on his own does not hold that value. The thing is, if the Bruins are going to empty their cupboards, it needs to be for an established #1C, Zegras in my opinion isn't that.

Regarding Lohrei, I think we can agree that the development path between defensemen and forwards is different. To me, Lohrei is an NHL defensemen who is great at transitioning the puck out of his zone and has the ability to contribute offensively. He definitely needs to flush out his defensive game more, but that will come with more experience and as he grows/bulks up.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If the Bruins are willing to move Lohrei for a #1C, it's going to have to be in a package. Lohrei on his own does not hold that value. The thing is, if the Bruins are going to empty their cupboards, it needs to be for an established #1C, Zegras in my opinion isn't that.

Regarding Lohrei, I think we can agree that the development path between defensemen and forwards is different. To me, Lohrei is an NHL defensemen who is great at transitioning the puck out of his zone and has the ability to contribute offensively. He definitely needs to flush out his defensive game more, but that will come with more experience and as he grows/bulks up.

Moving a Lohrei (in a package) for a 1C is the kind of move you might make if you truly feel that your team is only a 1C away from a legitimate cup shot.

This team needs more than just a 1C, so I'd rather keep Lohrei and let him blossom here and use the next two seasons to build a team that resembles what Florida is right now and have Lohrei be a huge part of that.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

You now how, me, lol Score results in single games are not the true story. I'm my eyes the Rangers where dominated in every game, if not for the goalie performance as good and even better than the job sway displayed easy sweep for Florida

Again just point of view

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

i was in florida for games 1 and 2 of SCF. talked to 2 different panthers people and they said bruins series
was their toughest of the playoffs. FWIW.

Last edited:

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
The more I think about it, the more I want Jake Guentzel on the Bruins. Consistent scorer who doesn't disappear. Marchy is not getting younger and not sure how much longer he can be relied on at this stage, so having another proven scorer seems like a necessity. As Much as I love Debrusk, I would prefer the more proven commodity...... Unless he can find a way to sign both!

Reactions: HustleB and sarge88

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I used Evolving Hockey's cap projector for the contracts, some I feel are high, some low but I stayed with their numbers. Ullmark to NJ for 10th overall everything else is UFA/RFA signings.

1718212640775.png

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
This is it. This is why the Bruins star players get targeted so much. It's because other teams have those style of players sprinkled throughout their line up and not just tossed on one line (the 4th line) - I'm always in favor of having a power-forward in the top 6 for that reason, hell, I'll even say top 9 at this stage.

I think that's why people (myself included) wish that Frederic would be that guy, especially when he's showed he can be a physical force early in his

This kinda why I’m not feeling the extreme pressure to resign Debrusk. We need a slight chemical mixup, somebody that is skill oriented to fill his place up there. We have defensive minded players throughout the lineup to the point where it can get almost as boring as an Islanders game unless Pasta is doing the damn thing. That’s one of the reasons it was so cool to see Lohrei this year get selfish with the puck a couple times, and why everybody is clamoring to see what Lysell can do. It’d be fine if Debrusk was on our third line, but you have to pair him with your best to get something from him it would appear over the years.

Coyle, geekie, heinen, Zacha can be on a championship team, but they aren’t going to get you a cup alone and Debrusk doesn’t seem capable of changing that.

I’ll add however, between Krug and likely Debrusk, losing players for nothing isn’t a trend I’d love to see continue…

Reactions: BBruins

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Moving a Lohrei (in a package) for a 1C is the kind of move you might make if you truly feel that your team is only a 1C away from a legitimate cup shot.

This team needs more than just a 1C, so I'd rather keep Lohrei and let him blossom here and use the next two seasons to build a team that resembles what Florida is right now and have Lohrei be a huge part of that.
I agree, well said.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
i was in florida for games 1 and 2 of SCF. talked to 2 different panthers people and they said bruins series

I find that extremely hard to believe with the game 2 and 3 blow out and the bruins struggling to make it to 10 shots entering the 3rd period on multiple occasions.

I think it’s more likelythey were throwing you a bone to appease you. Either that or they legitimately feared swayman.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I find that extremely hard to believe with the game 2 and 3 blow out and the bruins struggling to make it to 10 shots entering the 3rd period on multiple occasions.

I think it’s more likelythey were throwing you a bone to appease you. Either that or they legitimately feared swayman.
Did you actually watch the Rangers series?

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Van wont resign Hronek most likely due to his reported asking price (7/8 mil). What type of game does he play? seems to be trending towards a no.2 Dman. thoughts on if hed be a good partner for Lohrei or Lindholm? Spitballing here but Carlo for Hronek would add a ton more offense to our backend, gives us a hole at PK (nevery really thought McAvoy was that strong on PK). Would be a good PP1 QB until Lohrei is ready to do it full time. Carlo would be a lost cost controlled asset for them, a good complimentary pairing for Q.Hughes.

the bruins weren't their toughest series, Jeremy Swayman was their toughest series.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I used Evolving Hockey's cap projector for the contracts, some I feel are high, some low but I stayed with their numbers. Ullmark to NJ for 10th overall everything else is UFA/RFA signings.

View attachment 881928
I like this lineup. The questions I have are, is Frederic capable of playing in the top 6 and is Joshua boom or bust?

If not Vancouver, I think some team will give him $4M+ for the reasons why we like him. His season and production trajectory are extremely similar to Beleksey's, Beleskey having more seasons under his belt before hitting free agency, which may be a cause for concern giving him a somewhat long-term deal at a decently high cap hit. I've mentioned previously though that the Bruins' pro scouting team has gotten better so who knows, maybe they see him as an potential fit for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad