Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
What he did is inexcusable, but I believe in Milan. At heart I believe he is a good person. Eventually, I think he will work things out. A long road.

There are good people on both sides.

DeBrusk getting a 7 M deal but Sweenius trying to get at 6-6.5 M with one less year
Just having fun upbeat angle rather then usual this Bruins player sucks
I do like the diversity of hate here
In the past it was an obsession with a few guys and we still have it with the Silence of the Lanbs like disturbing dislike of a couple is forwards
However at least we got Pastrnak & McAvoy haters here as well

We are branching out

Let's not forget the Monty haters, Sweeney haters and Jacobs haters.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I’ll concede Heinen can be fine on line 3, but lines 1 and 2 on this team are where the upgrades need to happen.

Legit upgrades.

And again, unless they bring in at least two 25-30 goal wingers (2 UFA or 1 and JDB) I don’t see them winning a cup with Coyle and Zacha as the top 2 centers.

They get Lindholm to center Pasta and Zacha, and have Coyle center, say JDB and Necas, I’m happy, even though I’d rather have Monahan centering line 2, allowing Frederic, Coyle and Geekie to have a matchup advantage on line 3 most nights.

However, as I and others have pointed out, the idea of locking Heinen up at anything less than a clear cut, deep hometown discount, before settling the top 6 is unnecessary and foolish.

Guys like him will be available when the dust settles in August. If someone offers him more than the 1.5/1.75 x 2 that I’m comfortable with, then let him walk.

He’s a dime a dozen bottom 6 guy.
You need to get over your obsession with Heinen - you don’t get it. Your brain either can’t or doesn’t want to acknowledge what the majority think. I’ve had mullllltiple people who read this and know you are a great guy say to me Sarge is obsessed with Heinen and doesn’t get it

Don’t go down that dark road I went with Jared Knight and I’ve been told Jonathan Huberdeau (I don’t even remember that one, that’s how dark the road is)

When I meditate during my Wednesday yoga class they ask for anyone we want to pray for in unison - and I’ll ask Diane or Mandee if we can let you release Heinen or atleast accept he’s worth 3.5 M)

All the best till Wednesday but remember Dollar Store Donny 3/8.25

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
There is absolutely no hate involved in saying that DeBrusk will not get that kind of deal, and the same goes for Heinen. The hate talk only comes from people who have trouble understanding that others will simply have a different opinion and they are entitled to it!
I’m not sure what you are talking about

DeBrusk 6/40
Heinen 2/5.5, 3/8.5, 4/11

Donny feel the heat - let’s go !!!!!!

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
You need to get over your obsession with Heinen - you don’t get it. Your brain either can’t or doesn’t want to acknowledge what the majority think. I’ve had mullllltiple people who read this and know you are a great guy say to me Sarge is obsessed with Heinen and doesn’t get it

Don’t go down that dark road I went with Jared Knight and I’ve been told Jonathan Huberdeau (I don’t even remember that one, that’s how dark the road is)

When I meditate during my Wednesday yoga class they ask for anyone we want to pray for in unison - and I’ll ask Diane or Mandee if we can let you release Heinen or atleast accept he’s worth 3.5 M)

Danton Heinen is not worth more than 1.5 and I would not give him that.

So you would take Heinen over Joshua, 3.5 should get you Joshua.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I just said he’s fine as a third liner, if they improve the top 6 wingers enough that Coyle can be the 2C.

But it’s delusional to think that he’s anything more than a third liner (who has a whopping 6 playoff goals in 48 games).

And, if you’re being even a little consistent, you’ll understand that you can’t say on one hand that you want the third line to be Freddy, Coyle and Geekie, while on the other hand saying Heinen is a priority to bring back…….especially at 3.5.

Where does he play if your own preferred line three happens?

Just once, it would be appreciated if you’d just try to see the other side of it.

He just might not be a fit and he’s far, far from reliable in the post season.

Again, him, Geekie and Freddy are pretty much interchangeable.

If he were signed here next season for 2.0 or 2.5 and one of the other two were UFA, I’d be proposing letting that guy walk because you can’t have all three playing on the third line if Coyle is slotted properly.

I might be obsessed, but I’m not delusional. I see his value in a particular, limited role, but he’s certainly no Don Marcotte.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

3/8.25

Donny bring the Heinie heat!!!!!

I’d take both but Joshua staying in Vancouver

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I just said he’s fine as a third liner, if they improve the top 6 wingers enough that Coyle can be the 2C.

But it’s delusional to think that he’s anything more than a third liner (who as a whopping 6 playoff goals in 48 games).

And, if you’re being even a little consistent, you’ll understand that you can’t say on one hand that you want the third line to be Freddy, Coyle and Geekie, while on the other hand saying Heinen is a priority to bring back…….especially at 3.5.

Where does he play if your own preferred line three happens?

Just once, it would be appreciated if you’d just try to see the other side of it.

He just might not be a fit and he’s far, far from reliable in the post season.

Again, him, Geekie and Freddy are pretty much interchangeable.

If he were signed here next season for 2.0 or 2.5 and one of the other two were UFA, I’d be proposing letting that guy walk because you can’t have all three playing on the third line if Coyle is slotted properly.

I might be obsessed, but I’m not delusional. I see his value in a particular, limited role, but he’s certainly no Don Marcotte.
Going to join Joe

Take care

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Can't we all just get along and acknowledge that not everyone is going to agree and realize it is almost impossible to change someone's opinion?

Life is just too short.

Fair.

My apologies to Dan and this forum.

Sincerely.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Starters and bench/callups

Joshua -- Lindholm -- Pasta

Marchand -- Zacha -- DeBrusk

Frederic -- Coyle -- Geekie

Beecher -- Boqvist -- Brazeau

Lauko -- Poitras -- Lysell

Dillon -- McAvoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Lohrei -- Peeke

Wotherspoon -- Regula

Swayman
Bussi

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Can't we all just get along and acknowledge that not everyone is going to agree and realize it is almost impossible to change someone's opinion?

Life is just too short.
Yup

I’m here for the love, admiration and to promote my boys JDB & Heinie

JDB is for me and Heinen for former HF member Glorydaze

Together we shall win out

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Starters and bench/callups

Joshua -- Lindholm -- Pasta

Marchand -- Zacha -- DeBrusk

Frederic -- Coyle -- Geekie

Beecher -- Boqvist -- Brazeau

Lauko -- Poitras -- Lysell

Dillon -- McAvoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Lohrei -- Peeke

Wotherspoon -- Regula

Swayman
Bussi
I don't get the chance to watch many Cancuks games so it was great to get to watch them in the playoffs this year. I like Joshua and the way he plays, but there is a part of me questioning if he could end up being Matt Beleskey 2.0. I would rather the Bruins not find out, but their pro scouting has been pretty good as of late so who knows.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Agree. If you want to give Heinen a deal like Wagner got where he can be mostly buried fine. Go 4 years if that is what makes everyone happy. Give him 3 mil and then watch us trade Freddy for a pick next summer bc we can’t afford him.

Heinens 35-40 regular season points don’t mean much if he’s Gryzlyk unplayable in the postseason.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Agree. If you want to give Heinen a deal like Wagner got where he can be mostly buried fine. Go 4 years if that is what makes everyone happy. Give him 3 mil and then watch us trade Freddy for a pick next summer bc we can’t afford him.

Heinens 35-40 regular season points don’t mean much if he’s Gryzlyk unplayable in the postseason.
He was consistently physical in the postseason this year. I would say even much more so than Frederic at times.

The only problem I have with the Bruins bringing back DeBrusk and Heinen is that management may think the Bruins are just a center away from advancing to the Eastern Conference Finals. That's not a fair assessment on DeBrusk and Heinen as both are great players, but I don't think Lindholm alone moves the needle enough to make the Bruins a cup contender.

Reactions: Gordoff

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Guy could have helped this team and could easily had a career here post hockey playing days if he wanted.

Such a shame and so stupid. Alcohol and Anger. Shitty shitty mix. And an expensive one too.
Very sad how it all turned out. Personal demons are called demons for a reason. Wrecks everyone and everything.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Lindholm gives them a matchup C. He gives them a faceoff guy. He gives them a bumper for the PP. And Boston can give him the wingers he needs and he plays a game where he can age further down in the lineup. He doesn’t give them an injection of speed or play driving offense. You would need another guy for that. And Marchand replacement is just around the corner, too.
Good post.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He was consistently physical in the postseason this year. I would say even much more so than Frederic at times.

The only problem I have with the Bruins bringing back DeBrusk and Heinen is that management may think the Bruins are just a center away from advancing to the Eastern Conference Finals. That's not a fair assessment on DeBrusk and Heinen as both are great players, but I don't think Lindholm alone moves the needle enough to make the Bruins a cup contender.
He joined us when there were no other NHL options for him and way playing for a contract. What makes anyone think he’ll be physical if he gets a big deal and gets older?

This year worked out for everyone if we want to give him a generous 1 year deal fine. Multiple years with a significant cap hit means we lose someone like Geekie or Freddy. From past experiences and what happened when he went to Pittsburgh this is the definition of the type of player you don’t overpay.

I’d rather extend one of those guys when they are eligible July 1 than get locked in with Heinen. If he’s what people think he is someone will pay more.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
News being leaked about an impending UFA who is the best available at his position possibly making ground on a contract with his current team would benefit whom?

HMMMMMMM

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

Joshua is a must for me at 3.5. I believe we are just seeing how good he can be. FLA goes to the finals 2 strait years with gritty line up. No coincidence at all?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zillah

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He joined us when there were no other NHL options for him and way playing for a contract. What makes anyone think he’ll be physical if he gets a big deal and gets older?

This year worked out for everyone if we want to give him a generous 1 year deal fine. Multiple years with a significant cap hit means we lose someone like Geekie or Freddy. From past experiences and what happened when he went to Pittsburgh this is the definition of the type of player you don’t overpay.

I’d rather extend one of those guys when they are eligible July 1 than get locked in with Heinen. If he’s what people think he is someone will pay more.
I don't think Heinen's game will falter when he gets older. His overall style of play isn't dependent on his physicality like it is with other players who are which is always a worry when those type of players start reaching the end of their prime.

We will see what happens with Frederic and Geekie. Coyle will also be in the last year of his deal after next season so there are ways the Bruins can make cap space if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad