Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
In a perfect world yes, but the Bruins can only do what is available on the market right?

I see what you are saying, but they can only control so much as only so much is available to them.

They aren’t going to be able to fix all their problems in one offseason. No team can. My point was that adding an impact player like Necas is good for top your top six regardless of where he eventually lines up. They’ve always been big on versatility and based on this market they have to be. Not a bevy of “true” centers out there, especially those that would move the needle.

Exactly.

Every team has holes with a Cap in place.

IF the Bruins acquire Necas, it will be to replace DeBrusk.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not in mine. But this has been a point of contention here in terms of goalie value. I’m on the high side there and I’ve laid it out a few times.

My biggest fear is Ullmarks list will include all teams that don’t have a goalie locked up/a goalie as a need.

I think he’s here next year. Hope not but I’d say it’s more likely than not he’s on the bruins roster

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
My biggest fear is Ullmarks lost will include all teams that don’t have a goalie locked up/a goalie as a need.

I think he’s here next year. Hope not but I’d say it’s more likely than not he’s on the bruins roster
Well, I wouldn’t dismiss it. There’s an argument to be made that they shouldn’t dump all their space into a lackluster UFA class. If Reinhart, Marchessault, Stamkos, Montour et al resign with their teams, and you are chasing Lindholm and Toffoli you’re probably going to f*** yourself long term. If you can’t spend the money, then holding Ullmark until the deadline wouldn’t be a bad strategy at all. Dumping him for two thirds or something would be silly.

I personally believe that the needs of teams on the edge for a goalie, combined with the increased cap space will make it a great sellers market for Ullmark. But I’m not going to be pissed if Sweeney doesn’t sign 3 mid tier FAs and trades Ullmark for futures.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If that is the case you'd think he'd realize he's f***ing the team if he doesn't.
Why should he care about that? He bargained for a NTC and the GM gave it to him.

It's funny how when a player says they love it here and wants to stay people love it.... until the fans decide they want to trade the guy and then loving it here and wanting to stay are f***ing the team.

It's not Ullmark's fault Donnie gave him a NTC.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Why should he care about that? He bargained for a NTC and the GM gave it to him.

It's funny how when a player says they love it here and wants to stay people love it.... until the fans decide they want to trade the guy and then loving it here and wanting to stay are f***ing the team.

It's not Ullmark's fault Donnie gave him a NTC.
You don't think it could possibly affect the locker room psyche if everyone on his team is aware he's potentially inhibiting upper management from bettering the team?

Reactions: BBruins

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
I think people may be a little bit too focused on center talent instead of top six talent. Adding a legit first line wing has nearly the same impact as adding a first line center. I’m fine with running Zacha and Coyle down the middle if they have two very good wings beside them. The issue is not necessarily Zacha and Coyle in the top six but rather depending on them both to be play driving top sixers instead of complementary pieces.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think people may be a little bit too focused on center talent instead of top six talent. Adding a legit first line wing has nearly the same impact as adding a first line center. I’m fine with running Zacha and Coyle down the middle if they have two very good wings beside them. The issue is not necessarily Zacha and Coyle in the top six but rather depending on them both to be play driving top sixers instead of complementary pieces.

Perhaps, but there aren't many more first line wing options than Center options.

Going out and getting a Bertuzzi, Toffoli, or even Marchessault change that dynamic. at all

Reactions: Blowfish

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Perhaps, but there aren't many more first line wing options than Center options.

Going out and getting a Bertuzzi, Toffoli, or even Marchessault change that dynamic. at all
Maybe, but there may be a few options via trade. Some people have said that they prefer Lindholm to Necas because of his position, and I’m not sure that’s the right way to be building a team. If the Bruins could somehow get Guentzel at a reasonable price I would be thrilled. Likely not possible, but there are more options than just Lindholm, Necas, and Stephenson. I wonder if Drake Batherson would be available, or maybe Trevor Moore+ for Ullmark.

Reactions: Gordoff

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Huh?
The Bruins want to address their centre position this summer and are likely going to add a second-pair, right shot defenceman. Sweeney made it clear they want more fire power up front, as well. Dealing Ullmark could fill one of those needs.

• Wow
Reactions: HustleB

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Mick Colageo can drive me to distraction, but he does know the game and he knows something else.

View from the beginning, or check at
38: 00.

"Nibbling around the edges." It's taken Sweeney and Neely NINE YEARS to get to THAT point.

They STILL don't understand how to build a winning culture based on the criteria Mick outlines here.

Jesus Christ.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Mick Colageo can drive me to distraction, but he does know the game and he knows something else.

"Nibbling around the edges." It's taken Sweeney and Neely NINE YEARS to get to THAT point.

They STILL don't understand how to build a winning culture based on the criteria Mick outlines here.

Jesus Christ.

Yeah such a horrid culture. Everyone talks about how the Bruins just can’t seem to build a winning culture - very similar to the Sabres or the Blue Jackets. Fish rots from the head and all that.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston

Jesus Christ.

I completely agree with him as usual. Marchand articulated that point perfectly after the Bennett hit when he said, "That's why you see teams go the distance with a big D-corps and physical teams, and it's why you rarely see teams that are small and skilled go far." What did they talk about at the press conference? Speed and skill! They still don't get it.

Mick's point was that it can't just be Peeke on the 3rd pair and Maroon on the 4th line, on the fringes, it has to come from the top, not every single guy but throughout the lineup. The postseason is a war of attrition and if you're not attriting the other side you're losing.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I completely agree with him as usual. Marchand articulated that point perfectly after the Bennett hit when he said, "That's why you see teams go the distance with a big D-corps and physical teams, and it's why you rarely see teams that are small and skilled go far." What did they talk about at the press conference? Speed and skill! They still don't get it.

Mick's point was that it can't just be Peeke on the 3rd pair and Maroon on the 4th line, on the fringes, it has to come from the top, not every single guy but throughout the lineup. The postseason is a war of attrition and if you're not attriting the other side you're losing.
Florida is doing very well with speed and skill.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad