OT: 2024-2025 News Around The NHL Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Feel like Dallas have always had really good goaltending, dating back to the Belfour days?
Turco, Lehtonen, Bishop
May have to go down that rabbit hole.

I can't remember a time when they didn't have good goaltending, yeah have to go back pre-Belfour and North Stars days.
Dallas has always had good goaltenders. Before Eddie the Eagle, they had Irbe.
In the early-mid 90s they also had a dynamic duo in goal; Andy Moog, and one of my top 10 favourite goalies of all time:

48496-SE44Bk.jpg

Reactions: harv33173

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ovechkin just scored his 274th PPG of his career, tied for first with Dave Andreychuk.....not exactly the guy I thought would hold the record.

Thought it'd be Brett Hull but he's 3rd.
Pretty cool record for Ovy to eventually break. Im sure they will eventually do all 275 as a montage.

Jags on the list, such a legend

Screenshot_20211215-211504_Chrome.jpg

Dallas has always had good goaltenders. Before Eddie the Eagle, they had Irbe.
In the early-mid 90s they also had a dynamic duo in goal; Andy Moog, and one of my top 10 favourite goalies of all time:

48496-SE44Bk.jpg

Love the old goalie pics, names and puffy pads.
That Stars jersey is one of their best.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Ovechkin just scored his 274th PPG of his career, tied for first with Dave Andreychuk.....not exactly the guy I thought would hold the record.

Thought it'd be Brett Hull but he's 3rd.
Pretty cool record for Ovy to eventually break. Im sure they will eventually do all 275 as a montage.

View attachment 491452

Love the old goalie pics, names and puffy pads.
That Stars jersey is one of their best.
My hometown minor hockey team (90s) was the Stars.
Jerseys were st. Louis Blues, with the Dallas Stars logo.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Nice!! Always been a simple but clean logo. Easy to read and recognize.

We had Flyers logo/colours (Orangeville Flyers) and Hawks logo/colours (Caledon Hawks) for my rep and tier 1/ triple A teams growing up.
I know exactly where those places are, and I've seen both of those jerseys. After all, I was an Arena Operator.
From around Strathroy.
Parkhill is where I was raised.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I know exactly where those places are, and I've seen both of those jerseys. After all, I was an Arena Operator.
From around Strathroy.
Parkhill is where I was raised.

:laugh: small 2.5 hour drive. You ever play in Orangeville at a tournament?

I likely had a tournament or two in Strathroy, can't fully remember. Have been in the area before though. Grand bend, London etc doing solar panel installations.
Definitely had an epic series in Ayr the one year, in my teen years.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
:laugh: small 2.5 hour drive. You ever play in Orangeville at a tournament?

I likely had a tournament or two in Strathroy, can't fully remember. Have been in the area before though. Grand bend, London etc doing solar panel installations.
Definitely had an epic series in Ayr the one year, in my teen years.
Don't know if I've ever played there, but my sister went to a camp, and I vividly remember driving there.
Definitely wrote that name on the dressing room board before a few times.

Strathroy main tournaments they host are the John Henry, and the Olympics.

I spent a lot of my life in 'The Bend'. About 8 minutes from my childhood house, GB is one of the best beaches in Ontario.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The Nashville Predators won't have any of their coaches available for tonight's game due to covid protocols. That's right, Nashville may play a game tonight with zero coaches on the bench.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The Nashville Predators won't have any of their coaches available for tonight's game due to covid protocols. That's right, Nashville may play a game tonight with zero coaches on the bench.
If they play really well, then I know what I’ll say about our next coach option :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Paul Maurice steps down in Winnipeg. Dave Lowry takes over intermine. He will be coaching his son. First time in NHL ?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
He stepped down because he felt the team wasnt performing up to par and needed a fresh voice in the locker room.

9 year tenure. Cant really hold that against him.
If 9 is the magic number, isn’t Bruno 9 weeks into his tenure? Just a random thought.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz

The Wild having a special on another one of our former players - good watch to get through the break. Nice that he lives in Florida still. Funniest part though is the Bjugstad still is thin like a twig...

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Tampa got Vasi back and lost 4-0 today. They're looking solid in the standings still and obviously have been a little banged up but their underlying numbers aren't one of a top team so far. They've won 13 games in regulation out of 34 played - only 38.2%. That's the 16th best percentage in the league. They've been propped up by OT. They're also 16th in goal differential per game at only +8 in 34 games.

They're getting healthier but I wonder if us and Toronto are able to separate a little in the coming weeks. Playoffs are a different beast but we could be looking at regular season divisional standings that resemble last year (1. CAR 2. FLA 3. TBL).

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Tampa got Vasi back and lost 4-0 today. They're looking solid in the standings still and obviously have been a little banged up but their underlying numbers aren't one of a top team so far. They've won 13 games in regulation out of 34 played - only 38.2%. That's the 16th best percentage in the league. They've been propped up by OT. They're also 16th in goal differential per game at only +8 in 34 games.

They're getting healthier but I wonder if us and Toronto are able to separate a little in the coming weeks. Playoffs are a different beast but we could be looking at regular season divisional standings that resemble last year (1. CAR 2. FLA 3. TBL).

We have already started to separate from them but when they get Kuch back they'll climb back up. It's gonna be tight at the end.

Reactions: FlaPanthers11

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002

We got road games incoming. 4-4-4 on road. Yikes. Unless they show up on the road we wont be gaining anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad