OT: 2024-2025 News Around The NHL Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
So the Coyotes still don't have enough the city council votes to get the Tempe arena approved, but does it even matter? Like am I missing something here? That Tempe project wouldn't be open until 2026 at the earliest, and the Coyotes are getting evicted from the only NHL-caliber ice rink in the entire state of Arizona. Hypothetically they could go back to the Suns arena, but
1) The Suns have no reason to share space with the Coyotes for four years
2) That arena was a disaster for the NHL before it was renovated after the Coyotes left
3) Why would the city of Phoenix want to take on an interim tenant known for delinquency and in the middle of rebuild which will draw zero fans to the gate
4) Since four years at the Suns arena is the only viable option, and we're six months from the offseason, shouldn't we have heard anything about it by now?

Just seems like a complete and foregone conclusion that the Coyotes are leaving. I don't understand what the hemming and hawing is all about. A few months ago, sure, but there has been no movement, and they need a lot of unlikely bounces to go their way within the next ~20 weeks.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So the Coyotes still don't have enough the city council votes to get the Tempe arena approved, but does it even matter? Like am I missing something here? That Tempe project wouldn't be open until 2026 at the earliest, and the Coyotes are getting evicted from the only NHL-caliber ice rink in the entire state of Arizona. Hypothetically they could go back to the Suns arena, but
1) The Suns have no reason to share space with the Coyotes for four years
2) That arena was a disaster for the NHL before it was renovated after the Coyotes left
3) Why would the city of Phoenix want to take on an interim tenant known for delinquency and in the middle of rebuild which will draw zero fans to the gate
4) Since four years at the Suns arena is the only viable option, and we're six months from the offseason, shouldn't we have heard anything about it by now?

Just seems like a complete and foregone conclusion that the Coyotes are leaving. I don't understand what the hemming and hawing is all about. A few months ago, sure, but there has been no movement, and they need a lot of unlikely bounces to go their way within the next ~20 weeks.
Are there any arctic coyotes in Quebec?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
That would be a sick logo! Could even use Nordiques colours.

iStock-1074049622_arctic-fox-scaled.jpg

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I hope Marchand crushes him into the boards
That would have been nice, especially if he crushes himself at the same time. I could watch hockey for a bit without either of them.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
It's kinda weird that how bad Seguin and Benn are these days and they're never talked about.

18 and 17 points in 37 games. For the money they make.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Wanna see bad?

Check out Nick Foligno :laugh:

1 goal since leaving Columbus
Wow. That’s surprising and just feel bad for the guy. I guess Zito knew something because he didn’t go asking for him…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad