Prospect Info: 2024-2025 In The System: Checkers, Ghost Pirates, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Charlotte - [6-3-0] keep the good times rolling with their 4th straight win, a back and forth affair but Mayhew nets the 5-4 OT winner, his 2nd goal in as many games. True with his 4th assist and Kinnunen gets his 8th assist in 9 games.

Waeber was in net, stopping 24/28 for his 2nd win of the year.

Notable point getters:

Carlsson with 2 apples (3rd & 4th), now up to 4 goals and 8pts in 9 games

Jack Wise continues to impress, scoring his 4th of the year, up to 7 pts in his first 6 games as a rookie.

Benning scores his 3rd of the year, notching 4 pts in 9 games. Rookie as well.

McAllister scores his 3rd, up to 5 pts in 6 games. Rookie as well **noticing a theme here, theyve been carrying good chunk of offense so far**

Samoskevich got his 4th assist, no goals yet but has those 4 pts in 6 games.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It was more tongue in cheek lol. He’s had an awesome year.

Oh I was being very cheeky too
Honestly pumped about the next crop.
Haven't been high picks but those mid to late round picks have to work harder by nature to draw attention and earn their spot.

Curious if Zito continues to be aggressive in mortgaging more high end 1sts/2nds for help now if the current crop have some graduates over the next few years.

Reactions: FinlandPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Looking forward to the insider stories on why he is not given a shot. You can't convince me that he'd be any less useful than kulikov, balinskis or mahura.

Very odd situation for sure, surprised he re-signed here after not getting a more full time promotion last year. Figured he may have got more of a chance to crack a team's top 6/7 elsewhere.

Not gonna complain about his AHL production but if he doesn't get at least 5-7 NHL games this year, he's not in the longterm plans IMO.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Charlotte - 7-3-0 have won 5 straight with a 5-3 win in San Jose.

Knight with the win, stopping 35/38 (.921 sv%) and moves to 4-2-0 with a 2.36 GAA and .913 sv% on the year.

The first goal he gave up was kinda bad, he wasn't square to his post and got beat. The other two weren't really his fault but he had a busy night and sporting solid numbers through his first 6 games.

Gadjovich sent down on conditioning stint pots a pair, his first goals of the year.

Carlsson DID NOT get a hatter after all, Gadjovich tipped one of Carlsson's shots but Lucas continues to shine as he had 2 goals and an assist for 6 goals and 11pts in 10 games now

McAllister absolutely ripped home his 4th of the year and I'm still thinking he makes the NHL one day with that shot/release. He's up to 4 goals and 6 pts on 7 games

Other notable point getters include:

Benning (2nd assist) [3 goals, 5 pts in 10 GP]
Sourdif (4th and 5th assist) [5 assists in 6 games]

Charlotte will rematch San Jose Sunday evening at 6 pm PST.
This team feels like they can build off last year and go deeper into the playoffs.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
How has Nause looked this year in the pro game?

Nause hasn't really played much, played 3 games in October and last game was November 4th. I don't think it's because of bad play but more Kinnear going with whats working so far. They're on a 5 game heater so unlikely to see much change.

No points for Nause, a +2, 2 PIMs and 3 SOG in the 4 games. Haven't watched any of the games but I'm sure he will dress for more games as the year goes on.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Nause hasn't really played much, played 3 games in October and last game was November 4th. I don't think it's because of bad play but more Kinnear going with whats working so far. They're on a 5 game heater so unlikely to see much change.

No points for Nause, a +2, 2 PIMs and 3 SOG in the 4 games. Haven't watched any of the games but I'm sure he will dress for more games as the year goes on.
We are quite deep on the backend, I wonder if he gets some games in the ECHL before new years.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

This is what I don’t like about our development team: guys like Sourdif last year and Nause this year aren’t getting enough time. These guys need to hit for our team to be a prolonged contender.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This is what I don’t like about our development team: guys like Sourdif last year and Nause this year aren’t getting enough time. These guys need to hit for our team to be a prolonged contender.

Sourdif lined up as 2C last night with Gadjovich and Dalpe and they produced a couple goals and 5 pts.

F-nxUC9XwAAIfGK.jpeg

Wish AHL would list TOI, not sure if other sites do but my horrid memory says Sourdif has been mostly 2nd line.
Are you worried he's not scoring enough? PP/PK time?

This is arguably the deepest team Charlotte/our AHL have had in a decade?
Let the cream rise to the top.

Be excited about guys like Samoskevich, Sourdif, McAllister, Wise, Kinnunen and Benning. Not saying all of them will be full time Panthers one day but I just want both our teams to be consistent playoff and Cup contenders. So far so good the last 2 years.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Sourdif lined up as 2C last night with Gadjovich and Dalpe and they produced a couple goals and 5 pts.

View attachment 766664

Wish AHL would list TOI, not sure if other sites do but my horrid memory says Sourdif has been mostly 2nd line.
Are you worried he's not scoring enough? PP/PK time?

This is arguably the deepest team Charlotte/our AHL have had in a decade?
Let the cream rise to the top.

Be excited about guys like Samoskevich, Sourdif, McAllister, Wise, Kinnunen and Benning. Not saying all of them will be full time Panthers one day but I just want both our teams to be consistent playoff and Cup contenders. So far so good the last 2 years.
Last year Sourdif was scratched a good bit, not this year:

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Knight has already been scored on twice in the first period. Absolutely pathetic defending on both goals. Gerry Mayhew having himself a period in how to get benched the rest of the game. Turnover on goal 1 and completely abandoned his man on goal 2.
Ends his night 5 goals on 27 shots.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Mase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad