Prospect Info: 2024-2025 In The System: Checkers, Ghost Pirates, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
There are highlights now. Video highlights at least. They have audio, but it's clearly not synced to the video feed because on both clips the commentators are very clearly talking about completely different plays from what's happening visually. Also woof that quality.

Both goals are in this thread

And this one I just like the picture they used:

Also I can upload finally, so for no reason other than because I can and to claim victory of HF's weird random screwiness:

2021-10-29 21.27.52.jpg

Of no consequence but Sourdif's PP goal earned free milkshakes for the row of seats that was two behind me (The Giants have a promotion where every PP picks one section/row combo and if they score then everyone sitting there gets a coupon for a free milkshake from the burger joint in the arena or its other restaurant locations, which are owned by the team's majority owner). Boo! I want free milkshakes too, dammit! :laugh:

Reactions: SoupyFIN

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
There are highlights now. Video highlights at least. They have audio, but it's clearly not synced to the video feed because on both clips the commentators are very clearly talking about completely different plays from what's happening visually. Also woof that quality.

Both goals are in this thread

And this one I just like the picture they used:

Also I can upload finally, so for no reason other than because I can and to claim victory of HF's weird random screwiness:

View attachment 475308

Of no consequence but Sourdif's PP goal earned free milkshakes for the row of seats that was two behind me (The Giants have a promotion where every PP picks one section/row combo and if they score then everyone sitting there gets a coupon for a free milkshake from the burger joint in the arena or its other restaurant locations, which are owned by the team's majority owner). Boo! I want free milkshakes too, dammit! :laugh:

Full highlights and game recap

Always appreciate you stopping by with the Sourdif updates. Keep em coming, please and thank you.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Full highlights and game recap

Always appreciate you stopping by with the Sourdif updates. Keep em coming, please and thank you.

Thanks, I will always try and pop by when there's interesting Sourdif updates for home games (I didn't get the CHL streaming package because they only offer monthly and yearly prices to watch the entire CHL and not just one league or one team like they used to and I didn't want to pay for a ton of content I'd never have the time to watch, so no road games for me).

They have a game on Wednesday in Kelowna against these same Rockets (3rd game in a row), but my next updates likely won't come until Friday & Saturday when they return home against Prince George and their first US division opponent, Portland.

It's a weird schedule so far where the Giants and Rockets have somehow played like 3-4 fewer games than the rest of the league and we're only a month into the season. But it ramps up as the months go by and we go from having just 6 games in all of October to like 13 in March. I thought it was a Covid precaution to limit travel and have space open if things went sideways for a team and necessitated a lot of schedule juggling, but much of the rest of the league seems to be proceeding at a quicker pace, so.... :dunno:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Charlotte bounces back with a 3-2 win in regulation after a 4-3 loss last night, moving to 3-2-1 in 6 games.
They finish up 3 in a row tomorrow.

Noel with his first goal of the year, assisted by Hutsko, his 5th assist of the year already.

Schwindt with a goal and primary assist on GWG and first star of the game.

Kiersted with the secondary assist on the GWG, that's his 2nd helper on the year.

Screenshot_20211030-221509_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20211030-221519_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20211030-221547_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: PSLguy and Ghoste

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Charlotte bounces back with a 3-2 win in regulation after a 4-3 loss last night, moving to 3-2-1 in 6 games.
They finish up 3 in a row tomorrow.

Noel with his first goal of the year, assisted by Hutsko, his 5th assist of the year already.

Schwindt with a goal and primary assist on GWG and first star of the game.

Kiersted with the secondary assist on the GWG, that's his 2nd helper on the year.

View attachment 475614 View attachment 475615 View attachment 475616

Go Schwindt!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Noel gets bumped down to 3rd line but also curious how that Mamin - Hepo - Noel will do.

Also that's a very heavy Charlotte forward lineup there, with 3 of the 6 D as well as Gibson starting.

FDC9argXMAI97Jo.jpeg.jpg

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Charlotte with some team defense, exactly the way they drew it up

FDDM4qhXsAcKive.jpeg.jpg

Game started out a bit loose, some back and forth with 3 goals in first 11 minutes but has been quietly offensively at half way point of 2nd period.

Springfield pushing hard for the tying goal.

EDIT- Schwindt with his 2nd goal in as many games, a beauty SHG and Charlotte take a 3-1 lead!!
Barkov would be proud of that backhand

Think we may have a future 2 way, PKing 3/4C in the making.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16Skippy

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
And just 5 mins later, Springfield with a pair of goals, just under a minute apart and we're tied at 3.

This team is reminding me of FLA back in 2018, can score and create good 5 on 5 offense but team defense is lacking actual defense and identity/chemistry/depth.
Definitely a work in progress.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Frustrating loss for Charlotte.
4 unanswered goals from Springfield and they steal a 5-3 win.

Tied at 3 after 40 mins, Charlotte giving up the 2 goal lead seemed to be the big momentum swing. They didn't recover.

SPR score just 29 seconds into 3rd on an odd man rush.
Charlotte had a PP just a minute later and another one at the 8 min mark but they are strugggggling with the man advantage early in the season.

A late penalty leads to a breakdown in the slot and SPR go up 5-3 to all but seal it.

A 3-3-1 start is as average as it gets.
A fix on the PP and focus on team defense is needed.
Another missed year of playoffs and Kinnear has to be gone no?

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Frustrating loss for Charlotte.
4 unanswered goals from Springfield and they steal a 5-3 win.

Tied at 3 after 40 mins, Charlotte giving up the 2 goal lead seemed to be the big momentum swing. They didn't recover.

SPR score just 29 seconds into 3rd on an odd man rush.
Charlotte had a PP just a minute later and another one at the 8 min mark but they are strugggggling with the man advantage early in the season.

A late penalty leads to a breakdown in the slot and SPR go up 5-3 to all but seal it.

A 3-3-1 start is as average as it gets.
A fix on the PP and focus on team defense is needed.
Another missed year of playoffs and Kinnear has to be gone no?
Thanks for the updates.
How did Heponiemi look as a center?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the updates.
How did Heponiemi look as a center?

Not great but not horrible.

Took an early penalty but it didn't cost them.
Think his line was only on ice for one goal against.
Nearly had a goal in the 3rd but wasn't credited with a shot after a small pile up in front of net.
Wasn't really counting his faceoff wins as Schwindt and Hutsko were attracting all my attention.

Still holding out hope for him but he gives me Malgin like vibes. Small and not overly physical but decent playmaker.
Maybe it'll take another full year to click for him but guys like Sourdif, Hutsko are small in stature but have that big work ethic.

Something I'm not sure if Hepo will develop.

Last edited:
Reactions: kerrabria

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
He needs to
1) have a baby
2) get off social media

Problem solved.
Is this the ultimate solution for all Russian players now? If so, please keep it to yourself. Imagine Kucherov and Vasilevsky following down that road. We'd be screwed for the next 10 years

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Is this the ultimate solution for all Russian players now? If so, please keep it to yourself. Imagine Kucherov and Vasilevsky following down that road. We'd be screwed for the next 10 years
They both are married, have sons, and probably don’t do social media. That’s why they became so good.

Imagine if Barky stops instagramming. He’s half Russian, sort of.

Reactions: austropanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad