Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They are next to each other

GU78NIM.jpeg

Weird, why is just sitting there unused?

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
In all seriousness, I feel like they'll have the defense, they'll probably have at least decent goaltending if they stay healthy, but the scoring won't be there. I look at their projected lineup and I don't really see one true sniper or pure goal scorer in the mix. There are some really good two-way guys, and to be sure their centers and a couple defensemen can put it in the net, but I've noticed in a couple of their preseason games that they're deluging the opposition with shots, and barely anything is going in. Maybe it's just a preseason thing but that's a concern for me if I'm a Swords fan.

Part of the downside of losing both Skinner and Olofsson in the same offseason is that they haven't necessarily replaced the scoring from those two, unless Peterka and Quinn are set for breakout seasons.
Buffalo made a mistake again. They take one step forward but then take two steps backwards. They could have traded someone else but nnnoooo, they traded their top point scorer and probably their best forward to Avs.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Buffalo made a mistake again. They take one step forward but then take two steps backwards. They could have traded someone else but nnnoooo, they traded their top point scorer and probably their best forward to Avs.

Yeah, and I think that trade will be one they end up regretting (and I actually like Bo). But once they made huge financial commitments to Cozens and Thompson the writing was on the wall. Where I think they really went wrong was throwing money and term at Power. Dahlin, sure, but Power!? Way, WAY too early to do that. That's probably the guy I would've dealt away for an impact forward of some kind.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
In all seriousness, I feel like they'll have the defense, they'll probably have at least decent goaltending if they stay healthy, but the scoring won't be there. I look at their projected lineup and I don't really see one true sniper or pure goal scorer in the mix. There are some really good two-way guys, and to be sure their centers and a couple defensemen can put it in the net, but I've noticed in a couple of their preseason games that they're deluging the opposition with shots, and barely anything is going in. Maybe it's just a preseason thing but that's a concern for me if I'm a Swords fan.

Part of the downside of losing both Skinner and Olofsson in the same offseason is that they haven't necessarily replaced the scoring from those two, unless Peterka and Quinn are set for breakout seasons.

They should look at their options mid season or at the deadline with Power, and see if they can bring in a mid 20's offensive center. Would free up cap space for them to add in UFA next year too.

Also, I think it's still too early to know what they have in Cozens. Like defenseman, the bigger bodied power forwards can take a bit longer to fully develop.

Whether that's learning what kind of diet and off ice conditioning is required to move their big bodies for 82+ games a year, or gaining confidence to know they can dominate physically, we've seen guys like that take an extra couple years or so to hit their stride.

Cozens scoring 31 goals at 21/22 years old suggest he may be able to improve on that, and be the kind of sniper you suggest. Playing on a dysfunctional team, with poor systems, and probably not much direction, while being shuffled from center to wing probably didn't help either.

They need to give Cozens some stability. I've never liked changing young offensive player's position constantly. I think it tends to stagnate development and lead to a lack of confidence.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They are still unsure what to do with either the building or the land, so status quo it is.

The current mayor sucks so that doesn't help.

They should turn it into some kind of museum, where you go in, and they have some new age interactive multimedia of the old Nordiques teams, players, and rivalries with Montreal, as well as just celebrating hockey in Quebec in general since the early 1900's with pond hockey, and the Bulldogs.

They could also celebrate the history of the Remparts and get Patty Roy involved.

Maybe get Apple to be a sponsor where they can promote their VisionPro's, and do some cool AR shows that let you watch old highlights play out on the ice from up close, or BTS video from the locker room with old players.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Da f*** did Connor do? Nothing wrong with crying after being just shy of accomplishing a lifelong dream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad