2024/2025 Around the League

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
The Season has started! Probably still not gonna watch non-Avs games.
Edit: wtf its only the global games, that sucks

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So this is the year where Sabres are gonna be good and finally make the playoffs right?

:sarcasm:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't think Lehner's situation compares to Nuke's very much. This happened because Lehner only has one year left on his deal. The length of Nuke's remaining contract is the real issue. It's one thing to make the last year of a deal disappear, it's another thing to void a contract that lasts until 2030.

4.5m isn't really a ton of money to most team owners. Nuke is owed a LOT more than that, enough to make even Kroenke notice. There's no way he's going to pay Nuke 36m cash just to get some cap relief.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So this is the year where Sabres are gonna be good and finally make the playoffs right?

:sarcasm:
In all seriousness, I feel like they'll have the defense, they'll probably have at least decent goaltending if they stay healthy, but the scoring won't be there. I look at their projected lineup and I don't really see one true sniper or pure goal scorer in the mix. There are some really good two-way guys, and to be sure their centers and a couple defensemen can put it in the net, but I've noticed in a couple of their preseason games that they're deluging the opposition with shots, and barely anything is going in. Maybe it's just a preseason thing but that's a concern for me if I'm a Swords fan.

Part of the downside of losing both Skinner and Olofsson in the same offseason is that they haven't necessarily replaced the scoring from those two, unless Peterka and Quinn are set for breakout seasons.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I drafted my fantasy team last night. No plan, as always. Just seat of my pants. A full 1/3 of my team is Ottawa/NJ/Buffalo. 3 teams I wish to have success this season. Doubly so now. Or at least spam points.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Byram played 24:52 minutes, that's 2 min more than Dahlin, 1:30 more than Powers and significantly more than any other player on both teams.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I haven't followed the Red Wings preseason in any way (because why the f*** would I lol), has he been bad still and this is the result? I guess I should not speculate on such matters...

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Videotron Center in Quebec city tonight for a preseason game between the Bruins and Kings (don't ask me why these 2 teams because I have no clue)

I miss when stadiums had cool names, or were named after important people, instead of corporate sponsors.

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
I miss when stadiums had cool names, or were named after important people, instead of corporate sponsors.
Vidéotron is a Canadian integrated telecommunications company active in cable television, interactive multimedia development, video on demand, cable telephony, wireless communication and Internet access services.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad