HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Alright, Quarter-Finals schedule, Thursday, April 27th, all QF games are on TSN4:

USA vs Czech Republic: 6:30 am EDT
Finland vs Slovakia: 9 am EDT
Canada vs Switzerland: 11:30 am EDT
Sweden vs Latvia: 2 pm EDT

Really sucks about Canada being later in the morning. Won't be able to watch it.

SF & Final are Saturday & Sunday.

Reactions: SlafySZN

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Anderson, Harris and a 2nd is not getting us PLD. There's 0 chance they listen without the Panthers pick or our 1st next year.

Unless you start talks with an Owen Beck, I think Beck, a 2nd and a prospect (Kidney, Harris) might get it done

If you remove Beck you add a first, if the Jets want Anderson which I doubt, it might work with Anderson, Beck and perhaps a 4th rounder.

No matter how we spin this, we lose either a first this year or next or Beck and then you add.

If I get a center with our earlier pick, I might be fine with losing Beck here

Ribeiro, Ryder and a 2nd...it was a joke.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Alright, Quarter-Finals schedule, Thursday, April 27th, all QF games are on TSN4:

USA vs Czech Republic: 6:30 am EDT
Finland vs Slovakia: 9 am EDT
Canada vs Switzerland: 11:30 am EDT
Sweden vs Latvia: 2 pm EDT

Really sucks about Canada being later in the morning. Won't be able to watch it.

SF & Final are Saturday & Sunday.
Ill be able to watch all yhe games pretty much, super nice!

Ill probably miss one on saturday because I work.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes but his game won’t translate, don’t think any team consider him as high grade prospect

Many scouts say this.

But like RHP and Ylonen, it may take him 3 or 4 years in the AHL. And if HF e can improve his skating, ...

If we don't trade him, I consider him like a stock you buy that you don't expect to succeed, but you put it in your portfolio and just look at again in 4 years to see if it took off.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
f we don't trade him, I consider him like a stock you buy that you don't expect to succeed, but you put it in your portfolio and just look at again in 4 years to see if it took off.
Agree but that’s not a piece other team will consider as a major piece for a player like PLD

He's added a whole lot more inside to his game this year. Pretty early to say that it won't translate, especially since he has a lot of physical maturity ahead of him.
It’s a little better but he still look like a good JNR player like Jordan Dumais. Not a great skater, tinny, not a great shoot, no motor. I don’t have any expectations in him (hope I’m wrong)

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Agree but that’s not a piece other team will consider as a major piece for a player like PLD

It’s a little better but he still look like a good JNR player like Jordan Dumais. Not a great skater, tinny, not a great shoot, no motor. I don’t have any expectations in him (hope I’m wrong)
I don’t know if his shot regressed but I was pretty heartened by it in his D+1 year anyways

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Edmonton
Czechs just positioning themselves compact in the slot in their d-zone and the US is just skating around the perimeter. Not the most entertaining

Smith taps home a rebound

1-0

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Edmonton
Moore tends to force plays/passes. I wonder if it's because his linemates aren't as good or if it's because he has lower IQ/creativity

The way the Czechs are playing, sitting 5 guys deep in their own zone, Sale (or any forward) won't get the chance to do much unless they randomly get a PP.
Agreed

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Edmonton
Does Smith over-rely on his delay game? When he gets the puck in the O-zone, he often skates it up to the blue line which gives him lots of time and space on the perimeter to find a pass or take a shot from distance to create a rebound. It works against a Czech team that isn't applying pressure on the perimeter but at the NHL level, he'll be checked tightly.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Does Smith over-rely on his delay game? When he gets the puck in the O-zone, he often skates it up to the blue line which gives him lots of time and space on the perimeter to find a pass or take a shot from distance to create a rebound. It works against a Czech team that isn't applying pressure on the perimeter but at the NHL level, he'll be checked tightly.

I think it's because of the pk format Czech's are playing. They aren't being aggressive at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad