HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Hahaha!!! He sure can rifle it.

The semi-final would be the perfect time to play USA. They had the easiest round robin of all time and should have their way with Czechia. The semi-final might be their first big test.

The only possible upset I could see there is Slovakia over Finland but I don't think Dvorsky has enough support.

Yeah, Slovakia over Finland is definitely possible, in which case Canada would play Sweden in SF.

Slovakia is a hard working team.

Reactions: bopeep

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Winnipeg isn't going to want all prospects though. They're a "no rebuild" team. Hellebucyk has already publicly stated that if Winnipeg goes into rebuild, he's leaving. He's UFA 2024.

They also have a ton of LD themselves, and have some depth at wing. They need centers & RD.

I can see them having interest in Beck & Barron.
If they want good prime/young and already NHL players, we should try to do a 3 way deal.

I'd rather give up Beck than 17th overall or Mailloux. I'd have to think about Beck or Barron. Barron fills more of a need but I rate Beck higher than Barron.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hrabal really imploded today.. that Wood hat-trick goal was bad.. didn't like the Barlow goal either, not that the shot wasn't a good one, but the placement was where he should have been able to smother it.

Evaluating young goalies ain't fun cause they routinely have games where they get rattled.

JT3

May 27, 2013
Hrabal really imploded today.. that Wood hat-trick goal was bad.. didn't like the Barlow goal either, not that the shot wasn't a good one, but the placement was where he should have been able to smother it.

Evaluating young goalies ain't fun cause they routinely have games where they get rattled.
Best off just waiting to the 3rd or 4th and throwing a dart at whoever you like best imo, for the above reason and many more.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Hahaha!!! He sure can rifle it.

About 15 foot from the net or in the crowd.

I'm half-kidding, I think he's having a good tournament, a few good shots. We are hard on him because he was slated to go top 8 this year (big, strong, not an awful skater) but then he started sending the puck somewhere that wasn't even a threat to the goalie and in a very clumsy way.

I guess he was practicing with Danil But before and now he changed that?

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
I don't think WIN can afford to rebuild or reset. They have the pieces to keep going and their market won't support years of sucking. They also can't sign big names and have issues retaining talent because the city stinks. That's why I think a guy like Anderson is the perfect piece for them. He's got term, he's a player that GMs and coaches love, he's not too old.

Swap Josh and a lil extra for PLD. Done deal. We keep our 17th.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I mean, I'M not saying Dvorsky isn't a good player. When the debate raged on Dvorsky vs Sale, I was on the Dvorsky bandwagon. I think this kid is a good player. But how people could see this guy's tweet, and think that's a good reasoning...geez...

Every time I see him back a prospect, I instinctively hope he doesn't get drafted by Montreal with all my might.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
PLD talk in the U18 thread o lord

images

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I'm half-kidding, I think he's having a good tournament, a few good shots. We are hard on him because he was slated to go top 8 this year (big, strong, not an awful skater) but then he started sending the puck somewhere that wasn't even a threat to the goalie and in a very clumsy way.

Buts shot doesnt get to the net because it doenst have enough power to reach the net, Haltunnen has power but it reaches the moon instead.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

I totally get it. As you know, I follow these guys from the beginning of the draft cycle to the end as well. He just looks like a man against boys out there in this tournament. Looks like he has added more size since last summer's Hlinka-Gretzky. If he could ever put everything together...

Buts shot doesnt get to the net because it doenst have enough power to reach the net, Haltunnen has power but it reaches the moon instead.
:laugh:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I don't think WIN can afford to rebuild or reset. They have the pieces to keep going and their market won't support years of sucking. They also can't sign big names and have issues retaining talent because the city stinks. That's why I think a guy like Anderson is the perfect piece for them. He's got term, he's a player that GMs and coaches love, he's not too old.

Swap Josh and a lil extra for PLD. Done deal. We keep our 17th.

Anderson, Harris and a 2nd?

But fans on the shot more than he shoots. Life is hard you know, BUT he's a good defensive player.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

One thing about goalies is they all allow weak goals and have bad games. Even the best ones. This is all much to the chagrin of many internet warriors who don't understand why they aren't perfect every game. :laugh:

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Anderson, Harris and a 2nd?

But fans on the shot more than he shoots. Life is hard you know, BUT he's a good defensive player.
Anderson, Harris and a 2nd is not getting us PLD. There's 0 chance they listen without the Panthers pick or our 1st next year.

Unless you start talks with an Owen Beck, I think Beck, a 2nd and a prospect (Kidney, Harris) might get it done

If you remove Beck you add a first, if the Jets want Anderson which I doubt, it might work with Anderson, Beck and perhaps a 4th rounder.

No matter how we spin this, we lose either a first this year or next or Beck and then you add.

If I get a center with our earlier pick, I might be fine with losing Beck here

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Will Smith has 122 points in 57 games (2.14 ppg). Leonard has 89 points in 54 games (1.65pts). Cooley had 75 points in 51 games last year (1.47ppg).

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I'm really starting to reconsider trading that 17th OA pick for PLD. He's a good player, but not great. Wood could be ppg in NHL with those hand skills. Damn. Plus, he's strong on the boards.

Or, imagine Barlow with someone like Dach.
Dach - Barlow pairing would be money. Dach hates shooting. Barlow loves it.
Yup. Dach needs a veteran to play with.
;)

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
I partially agree. Outside maybe Caufield and Hutson there is no elite talent in this organization. Therefore , I agree that Habs should look for elite talent with their first pick in this draft. However, if we drop to pick 7, Dvorsky would be very interesting option.
Remember, this management is building Cup contender team. We might just build a team like Kings 2011-14. No elite talent, they will not win the President trophy, but they will perform when it matters and win couple cups. I can definitely imagine Dvorsky being key part of such team.

Yeah, at pick 7, I'm somewhat ok with him. At pick 5, not really. At 6?

I think once the big 5 are off the table, I guess it's a bit of a crapshoot since there are a lot of players I have in that 6-11 range. Prior to this tournament, I had Dvorsky on the outside of that group. He might have scooched in there with this performance.

Can't take it anymore.
I wish people would stop talking about trading our whole farm system for the guy. WTF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad